FindHotel
Trip.com
Hotels.com
eDreams
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 27, 2019

I booked one night pre-paid through hotels.com (US$111 plus €5 city tax). I wasn’t sure what to expect. However, the check-in was quick and easy and the welcome warm and friendly. Lorenzo, the son of the family who built the hotel, was great. He apologized that my room (106) was facing the street. However, I hardly noticed the traffic on the street outside. The bed was very comfortable, wifi fast, and many stations in multiple languages on the large flatscreen TV. The shower was excellent! Lorenzo booked a taxi that arrived on time. The next time I overnight in Brussels I look forward to again staying at Taormina. It is evident that the family has put their heart into this place. I also had dinner at the attached restaurant and the Lasagna was fantastic.

Alan MacDonald

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Lorenzo M, Manager at Hotel Taormina, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2019

Dear Alan

Thank you very much for your wonderful review! I'm really happy to read your kind words and look forward to your next visit in our hotel. I hope you had a safe trip back home.

We wish you all the best!

With kind regards,

Lorenzo

Reviewed July 8, 2019 via mobile

The Hotel Taormina, Zaventem is a small, pleasant hotel within about a twelve minute drive of Brussels Airport. The staff are friendly and charming and the rooms are comfortable. At €137.50 per night it’s certainly not cheap, but that’s probably to do with proximity to the airport. The parking behind the hotel and WiFi in the room are both free.

A buffet breakfast is available for €15 extra and is served in the associated restaurant, L’Ossobuco. Evening meals in the restaurant are also available to non-residents and there is a pleasant patio area to sit out in if the weather is good. Again, the staff are friendly and welcoming and, as well as being delicious, my portion of duck breast was the largest I’d ever seen!

Date of stay: July 2019

Dear Clive G

Thank you very much for your great review! We are really pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and that you tried our restaurant and the suggestion.

We hope to welcome you again soon in our hotel!

With kind regards,

Lorenzo

Reviewed March 15, 2019 via mobile

I spent only one night at this hotel which is just a short taxi drive from the Brussels airport. To be honest, I was impressed by the friendly welcome by the reception staff and by the good restaurant. However, my room was overlooking the street and both the noise from the street and from the other rooms was a bit too much. The room was big, modern and clean. Breakfast was acceptable. All in all, average hotel for a short stay if you need to spend the night close to the airport.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2018

This was one of those basic rest and eat stays with minimal expectations, so anything other than general shelter and a bag of chips is great... and as such this was a wonderful stay. I was greeted with total warmth and welcome, which was a real gift after a long drive. Wifi was great, room was fine. I went to the restaurant to have a meal and ordered a pizza. Again, nothing but friendly and the person working the front desk offered to bring it to my room (no official room service). It is the little things that make a stay special, particularly as a traveler. If my family were as welcoming, perhaps I would not be on the road so much.

After a good night sleep, I left the hotel with a sense of loss that I may never feel as cared for again. Thank you for showing me that kindness may yet exist in the world.

Room tip: Eat the pizza. It is wonderful.
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2018

The hotel is located few km far from the airport, in the industrial area of Zaventem. It is appropriate to travelers that need to stay in one of those two areas. From the airport is a 10 minutes ride by taxi costing 20-25 euro.
Personnel is nice, wifi included of good quality.
The room is adequate, quite large also even if a little bit noisy.
Breakfast is 15 euro extra and it is adequate.

Date of stay: October 2018