1,093 results
All reviewsanimal farmlunch and dinnermountain facing roomsconeswellness centredrakensberg mountainsself cateringbuffet stylehorse ridingdining roomdeluxe roomunderfloor heatingrooms are largepublic areasguided walkhiking trailsmorning and afternoon tea
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Wonderful stay at a beautiful resort. Staff were very warm, friendly and accommodating. Meal times were AWESOME with a wide variety of foods and desserts to choose from.
Thank you ALL. Keep up the good service.

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious and mountain facing
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Georges_Romarin, General Manager at Champagne Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, aridadhorat

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

This is theeee best spot ever!! if you want to relax, take a break or go hiking or do anything else in between really! It was my second time there, and I must say, this place is one of the best hotels I've stayed in. From the location, to the staff, to the food to the rooms! I can't even explain it! We will definitely be going back soon.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Georges_Romarin, General Manager at Champagne Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, Thembelihle

It sounds like you had a fantastic stay at Champagne Castle Hotel. We are fortunate to be located in this World Heritage Site, tucked up against some of the Drakensberg's most beautiful mountains. We're proud to be able to offer our guests access to the mountain directly from our property.

Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to your next visit to this part of the Drakensberg

Reviewed April 4, 2018

I stayed for two days at the Champagner Castle and there is nothing to complain. Except the Hadedas which are quite noisy. But that's of course no complaint for the hotel. Food is plenty and quality is very good. Surrounding as expected and lots of activities to choose. I´ll be back...

Room Tip: Mountain view rooms are well worth it.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Georges_Romarin, General Manager at Champagne Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, Thomas

Being located in a World Heritage Site does mean we have a wide variety of wild animals and birds. Of course, as you discovered, some of them are noisier than others.

I'm glad you had a great stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to this part of the Drakensberg

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Booking for the stay was efficient and quick. Upon arriving in the rainy weather, found it to be an absolute challenge for the distance of where the vehicle was parked to getting to the family room allocated to us in the rain and in the dark. Room was comfortable with both a tub and shower facilities. I honestly think that there should be some sort of activities to do with kids when there is rain. There should be a kids pool as well as I only saw 1 pool. The food was ok in that I feel for the money paid, there definitely could be a much more wider range of food to choose from. I have been to a previous resort within the vicinity & they offered a discount to stay on further, which I accepted and enjoyed more time there. Champagnes does not offer any discounts on extended stays. I had asked for a change of pillows, however this did not happen. The location is superb & the views of the mountain was excellent. Found it rather difficult to move with kids in the night from the room to the eating place. Overall my family & I had an average stay & hope that should we visit the resort again, there could be some changes that would make us want to come back. Right now we feel that the resort caters for more of the elderly as compared to a fully fledged family resort. The staff in the dining room was very nice & helped us along with our kids.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, amithharripersadh

I'm sorry that you arrived at night during a rainfall. I'm sure after a long drive it wasn't easy to have to then negotiate with the dark and the water. And of course having children must have made it even more difficult.

During school holidays we do have a full time team dedicated to the children, with activities throughout the day and into the evening. In between school holidays we don't have enough smaller children staying at the hotel.

Thank you for your feedback. We always welcome constructive ideas and suggestions from our guests.

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We had the most amazing three nite stay over the Easter Weekend 2018. The staff were wonderful, food was great, views spectacular and loads to do. We had the privilege of staying in the Suites, which they don't generally let out to families with kids, and rightly so, because it so so beautifully furnished with such attention to detail and luxury,because our kids were older, they indulged us, kids and husband were in awe when we opened the door to this beautiful suite. It was a special long weekend, thank you to Zama, Terry, Damiani and everyone else who gave us such a warm welcome and incredible visit!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, Darlin

I'm so glad that you had a wonderful stay with us at Champagne Castle Hotel. The Suites are a treat, with their large size, and private veranda/deck.

We are very fortunate to be located so close to the mountain and inside of this World Heritage Site. As you point out, the views and spectacularly beautiful.

Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to this part of the Drakensberg.