“I had an amazing time.”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Luis I

Private heated Pool (electrically heated), The three villas are exactly the same
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
Dining room villa 1
Kitchen, The three villas are exactly the same
Bedroom, The three villas are exactly the same
Bedroom, The three villas are exactly the same
Bedroom, villa 1 and 2
Beach of Puerto del Carmen
Sea View, The three villas are exactly the same
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Gordon F
“THE WORST!”
Reviewed October 22, 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

I have been going to Lanzarote for over 20 years and Villa Luis is by far the worst villa I have ever stayed in!

Don't be fooled by the description and photographs in the add!

It has substandard furnishings throughout e.g. Well worn suite that has no cushioning left, curtains that don't fit the windows, rusty terrace furniture, dirty and broken sun beds, pool isn't the cleanest with tide mark around it and wi-fi is non existent.
Main outlook is onto waste ground full of graffiti and where people walk their dogs.
Sea view is from the top floor, standing on your tip toes - you can just see the sea horizon through the other buildings on a clear day if your lucky.

Had issues from day one of arriving with builders next door - cutting tiles which was creating a mess on and in the pool as well as the poolside. At one point a crane was lifting a cement mixer over our pool where our kids were playing.

Owner was sent numerous e-mails with photos and videos as evidence. He just wasn't interested and just kept stating it was out with his control and quoting the terms and conditions.
I agree it was out with his control but what was within his control was an apology and to send cleaners round which didn't happen.

As a result the pool was green and un-swimable for the last week. The owner did send a pool cleaner round with only 2 days left of our holiday which was too little to late.

In summary - avoid at all costs. You'll find far superior villas for the same price as you are paying for this.

Can supply photos and videos if required.

3 Nov 2016
I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused by the small works of repair of the roof on the house of the neighbour But these small works started unexpectedly a few days before your arrival. The neighbour had the authorization of the city council and these works were totally out of my control. And these works ended a few days after his arrival You sent me a lot of videos of the workers on the roof, but I can do something? , I can do nothing Sorry to contradict you but it is not true that the sunbeds are dirty and broken, and rusty terrace furniture. As will be rusty terrace furniture, if all terrace furniture are wooden or plastic. All the furniture of the villa is in good condition The pool is not green, this is cleaned twice a week, and I always say in the instructions arrival day, if there is a problem with the pool, send me a message to send immediately pool man
horsemada...
England, United Kingdom
“I had an amazing time.”
Reviewed September 9, 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

**A review you can really trust**

Upon reading some of the reviews about this villa, I was apprehensive to arrive and to find out what I was really getting into. Some of the reviews say that there were cockroaches etc. I came to Villa Luis with 3 friends in September for 5 days.

Upon arriving in Lanzarote airport, getting a taxi to Villa Luis was very simple, although I am Spanish spoken- cab drivers don't speak much English - I told the driver that we were going to Villa Luis and he knew it automatically without me having to tell him the address. Whilst in the taxi the driver answered all the questions I had and even gave me advice on the best restaurants to eat -the food at Da Vinci is absolutely exquisite- and a taxi number so I could call a taxi whenever I needed one however, around the island there are a lot of taxis so you don't really need to worry. - Incase you do want a taxi, the number is +928524220.
When we arrived at the villa, they looked very good as they're painted in white with plaques on the wall telling you which villa is which. Before arriving at the villa, Luis will send you all the details you need such as the address, which villa you are staying in as he has 4, the wifi password, the code to the box where the key is kept etc… When we opened the door to the villa to our amazement we were faced with a modern, spacious interior and 3 floors, the main floor that you walk onto, a downstairs where you will find two double bedrooms and an ensuite and upstairs where you will also find two double bedrooms and an ensuite. Going onto the patio where the pool was there's a bbq, table and chairs many sun loungers and a decent sized pool which is the same depth throughout. During this time of the month, the pool is cold however the patio gets all day sun so it is soon warmed up, however if you were coming in other months such as October I would recommend paying the small fee to have the pool heated, just remember to tell Luis at least a week before your arrival that you would like the pool to be heated as it does take some time as it is a decent sized pool and it doesn't just heat up over night! There is a sign on the door saying that if there are any problems, or anything you need then all you need to do is send him an email and he will be very happy to help. There are all the things you need provided whilst staying here I.E Microwave, Toaster, Kettle, Washing machine, Iron etc. I left a lilo next to the washing machine as there were no inflatables provided and we didn't want to take it home so we left it for other people to have just as much fun as we had. The beds are made upon arrival and there is a hand and bath towel on each bed for every person. The wifi in this property is very strong if you're in the bedrooms however on the main floor it is fast and works well. You will also find that around the island you will get free wifi in every bar and club however it is slow.

We initially came here on a lads holidays, which visions of partying on the night and relaxing by the pool and on the beach during the day. The clubs on the weekend are full of people with mainly Spanish and Irish people staying here. There are a handful of lively clubs and Irish bars on the night with a lot to do. A taxi ride to the beach Playa chica is just 4 euro and 3.80 euro to the port from the villa where you will find all of the night life. We walked into the port as it only takes 5/10 minutes and then got a taxi home once all the clubs closed at 6am. On the evening the clubs were actually bars playing rock music until about 11.30 when the music changed and it became a club, it was perfect for families and the community is very nice and the workers were always willing to help you.

To conclude, we have had an amazing few days in this villa and we thought it was worth every penny we paid for it, we didn't encounter one problem at all and we are very much looking forward to returning next year to this Villa to have some more fun!

The only constructive criticism that I have for Luis is a few ways that he came improve the villa are by putting some scissor into the kitchen as there wasn't any, and by general maintenance by repainting the walls around the villa where the paint has worn off.

Thank you very much for your hospitality, Luis! Until next year!

Travelling group: Con amigos
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
10 Nov 2016
Thank you for writing a review, I hope to see you again in our villa
Julie B
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
“Cockroache infested nightmare”
Reviewed January 17, 2016 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

The only thing this has going for it is its location. Photos must be from when it was brand new, it is very shabby now. Owner must be very tight even the basics like a dish cloth, scouring pad, toilet roll are not there on arrival. Each guest must buy and i cant imagine they'd take them home, so the owner must remove them everytime someone leaves. Luckily there is a lidl very close. Room downstairs is very dark, bedding is old. Cockroaches run free dont go barefoot!

4 Feb 2016
In our villas no cockroaches, the villas are regularly disinfected every 6 months by a specialist company elimination of insects (cockroaches and ants)
In all our villas put dish cloth and toilet roll, but when it is finished, the guest has to buy more rolls
The maid remove the scouring pad everytime someone leaves, is not hygienic to leave villa a used scouring pad, the new host for a few cents can buy a new one in the LIDL which is just around the corner

We buy new towels and bedding a short time ago, but with extensive washing with bleach, these towels deteriorate before the towels and bedding washing at home
neesy1200...
belfast
“fantastic family holiday please take the bad reviews with a pinch of salt you cant please everyone”
Reviewed January 7, 2016 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

we arrived in Lanzarote on boxing day for our 10 day family holiday after a long day travelling we arrived at the villa, the key was in a lock box and we used the code we were given we were straight in to the villa which was lovely clean and tidy, the whole family were a bit dubious after reading the reviews on here.

we headed down the street to a small pizza place and got a take away cause it was so late(which was lovely), but the next morning we headed to Lidl which is round the corner only 5 minutes walk and did a shop for the whole week.

there was plenty of towels and the beds were spotless with extra blankets in case you got cold, there was also plenty of cutlery plates and utensils to suffice are needs.

my niece (who is 5) complained the pool was a bit cold so I contacted Luis and I received a text back 1 hour later to say the pool is heated to 27oC so I checked the gauge and it was sitting at the temperature stated but after that complaint she never mentioned it again and she was never out of the pool lol. the pool was cleaned after 6 days but there is a net so you can clean the leaves or debris out yourself.

the maid also came 3 days in to the holiday and tidied the rooms and left clean towels and made the beds up fresh for us. the rooms had fans in them which we used only a handful of times as the villa kept cool through out the day. the washing machine is outside but it is separate from the pool area and is a wee courtyard of the kitchen you also have a washing line there too and it is a sun trap and clothes dry really quickly.

the second night we had a BBQ out on the terrace and it was brilliant we cooked and prepared all the food ourselves as the BBQ is supplied and we bought charcoal from the spar.

my families ages range from 5 years and 13 years to 65 years old and everyone was delighted with the villa and our holiday was great. you are about 20-25mins walk from the large beach and you are 5-10mins walk from the shopping centre. there is also a cluster of shops and bars about 5 minutes walk if you fancy a quiet night out.

I really don't know what else to write other than yes the villa is not luxury but it is a brilliant base with everything you need for a great holiday and it was well worth the money i would have no problems recommending this villa to anyone. and as for Luis himself he was very helpful honest person who answered any of are queries before during and after the holiday.

the only point I would have about the villa is if you have a disability or problems with walking (as my mother did) she found it hard getting up the stairs,i would not really recommend here but that's only my opinion and no fault of Luis or the villa.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location and the area around the pool also free wifi
Liked least: the electric tripping when too many appliances were running at once
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
10 Nov 2016
Thank you for writing a review, I hope to see you again in our villa
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Poor service and cleanliness
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
11 Nov 2015
I'm sorry that you are disappointed

When you rent for two people, we put 2 bath/hand towels in each bathroom, the house has two bathrooms. therefore had 4 bath towels and 4 hand towels

At the end of the week we do a cleanup that includes change of sheets and towels.

If by mistake, the cleaning staff was not his villa, you had to tell me this, so I can check this, and I will send the maids quickly

if you do not tell me a problem, I do not know the problem, and I can not fix this

The pool is cleaned every 4 days, but the pool man has a key, and he cleans the pool even if you are not at home

Each villa has 10 dinner plates, 10 soup plates 10 dessert plates, this is enough for a meal, and then full dishwasher for washing
simon c
Neath Port Talbot, United Kingdom
“so very very disappointed”
Reviewed September 19, 2015 for a stay in September 2015

been at the villa for 2 hours, the outside area is nothing like the photo's on the web site just wonder if we'll get any sun at all, only tomorrow will tell. no lighting in the dining area of the villa no workable shower in the master bathroom. good thing the shower 2 floors below actually works as we would have nothing, tried our hardest to contact luis yet no response. not looking forward to the next 2 weeks!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
20 Sep 2015
I'm sorry that you did not know how to use the light switch of the dining area , and not open the shower faucet, but as I said when I received your message, everything work properly, the light turns on with all households using the switch, and for open water in the shower, you just have to tip the faucet

On the patio there is sun, most of the day
ruthh64
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
“DISGUSTING DIRTY VILLA”
Reviewed September 4, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

Arrived after a long day travelling to be presented with a dirty villa, soiled bedding, unusable pool, rotting food on the terrace, an outside washing machine (?!) and a couple of cockroaches for company.

The best of it was leaving the next day. Stay away from this villa !!

Visit LanzaroteOne.com for a trustworthy company who will rent you a lovely villa.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Leaving
Liked least: All of it
Travelling group: Extended Family
15 Sep 2015
I'm sorry to contradict you, but I must say the truth, you arrived at the villa at 11am and left the villa after a week.
And you tell me that will make a terrible review if I do not a refund, sorry but I do not accept blackmail
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing