Having just returned from a very enjoyable 10 days at the Nautilus bungalows, partly chosen on the strength of previous reviews, I can confirm that it is indeed as good as the reviews suggest ...
The maintenance and housekeeping staff really do a fabulous job of keeping the outdoor communal areas and the apartments, spotlessly clean. The apartments are very spacious and have everything you need for a relaxing and stress-free home away from home stay. There are two lovely pools, which in keeping with the rest of the complex, cater well for both the able and less able bodied.
The supermarket on site is reasonably priced, and has everything you might have forgotten!
There are shops, restaurants, car & bike hire and lovely beaches, a mere 5-minute stroll away.
However, I will pass on a couple of minor issues, and one very major one, which I feel needs addressing immediately.
The minor issues ...
1. Although the majority of staff, couldn't be more helpful, on a couple of occasions we encountered some disdain from one particular member of reception staff, (whose name I didn't note!), but she is the one who wears black horn-rimmed spectacles, and turns her blouse collar up! On 2 occasions, we found her most unhelpful, the first time I was looked for a litter bin, as there are no communal litter bins throughout the site, (only in apartments)! Well, she reached down under desk and offered up her own waste paper bin, you'd think I'd asked her for the crown jewels!
2. The second time our paths crossed, was at checkout time, we owned up to having accidentally broken one drinking glass. One cheap Ikea tumbler ... charge €1! I thought she was joking, but she stood there stony faced, hand outstretched! So much for honesty! You would think that they must allow a certain leeway for every day wear and tear? ... Good job we didn’t break something larger! Not impressed …
The one MAJOR issue with this resort ...
You can read through every past review, and this has not been mentioned once. To be fair, it is not something you would even notice or think twice about, I didn't either! and the only reason that I am mentioning it now, is because it was highlighted, following a minor incident which happened to us...
THERE ARE NO SMOKE DETECTORS IN ANY OF THE APARTMENTS, or throughout the whole complex!
For a resort which prides itself in advertising facilities for the less able bodied and people with mobility issues, this is surely an inexcusable oversight, which heaven forbid, could lead to catastrophic consequences ...I did ask one of the cleaning staff, why there were no smoke detectors, but just got a resigned shrug of the shoulders!
I feel that this is major H&S issue which merited a mention here, and if the management are serious about providing a truly premier resort, for both able and less able-bodied clients, this surely needs to be addressed without delay.
Apologies for going on a little, other than these few issues, the complex would indeed merit the 5 stars which so many previous reviewers have awarded.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort includes single and double apartments (47 of them mobility-friendly). You will enjoy a qualified service in an exceptionally quiet environment, environmentally friendly and with original works of art present both in common areas and in every apartments. Two acclimatised swimming pools (one for small children, the other equipped with a water-powered lift for 120kg) and Breakfast and take away food are also at our clients' disposal. We also have a apartments known as "Casa del Artista", specifically adapted for the needs of artists that contribute to our varied collection of works of art. You can enjoy long walks or bike-rides in the avenue bordering the beaches, as well as all shopping and entertainment options offered by Puerto del Carmen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Nautilus Lanzarote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nautilus Bungalows Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Nautilus Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Nautilus Bungalows Lanzarote
- Nautilus Resort Puerto Del Carmen
- Nautilus Lanzarote Puerto Del Carmen