“High hopes, but..”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2018 via mobile

Picked this out for a lunch in Puerto Del Carmen based on the good reviews. Nice location and friendly if overworked staff, but I'm afraid we thought the tapas put the bog into 'bog standard'. Definite positive on the tempura Black pudding - unusual and tasty - but the rest of the dishes were average, too oily and somewhat disappointing. Can't echo the reviewer who called this the best tapas they'd ever eaten. Probably a better bet than the 'Dog and Duck, full English for €2.95' options that abound in the area, but I'm afraid we were disappointed

1  Thank Andrew S

Reviewed February 14, 2018 via mobile

The Specials board says it all - Five special starters - Five fish specials - Two meat specials, and this on top of an extensive regular menu. Super choice Super service and food with beautiful sea views, but be prepared to pay!

Reviewed February 14, 2018

Arrived on a cool breezy night & had to sit indoors - quality of the food was excellent, we shared a delicious seafood soup to warm up (large portion). Main courses ordered were Fish Paella and Trio Fish of the day. Both courses were delicious and substantial, we didn't leave any food on our plates. A shared home made Tiramasu to finish off left us thinking this was one of the best meals of our holiday

Reviewed February 5, 2018

We decided to save this restaurant until the last night and we were not disappointed. The service was excellent and very professional. I had read how the salmon on the island was imported from Norway or Scotland and smoked locally in Uga. It has to be some of the tastiest smoked salmon I have ever had.
One of the reasons I wanted to try this place was for the Goat Stew. Again I wasn't disappointed as it was delicious.
Although well full I was still able to squeeze in a Creme Brulee
Finishing off the meal with coffee and a Ballantine's made it the perfect end to a great holiday.

Reviewed February 2, 2018

I selected this venue based upon a good review of another blogger and i confirm that I was impressed. First to say that unfortunately, Lanzarote is not a dining go-to destination. There are a lot of very mediocre restaurants. However, Sal y Pimienta differentiates itself on 2 factors: the quality of the food is superior and, also very important, the welcome and service from the staff is outstanding. Moreover, it has a fantastic location overlooking the old port with views out to sea. Did I mention that we had a great welcome with very friendly and patient staff? Order the hand sliced Jamon! Delicious! You will taste the difference from the packaged product you buy in the supermarket.