15 October 2011
Just back from 2 weeks in Playa Club and would stay there again in the future without hesitation. I can imagine it would be very busy during the peak season (as would all resorts) but at this time of year, it wasn't completely full so there were plenty of sun loungers every day. Someone goes around every night tidying them up and closing the umbrellas so they are all arranged again in the morning. The complex is set in two parts, Pool area and Garden area. Pool area is closer to the reception which is the only place to enter/exit the complex. It is possible to access a shop from the side of the complex but only with a key card. Very handy instead of going out through reception and onto the strip to drag the bottles of water back. I didn’t find the shop very expensive…..only if you go from all the brands from home. It was open from 8am to 10pm. Taxi costs was approx €15 from the airport and you don’t really need to get a taxi anywhere else if you are staying in the area. It is an easy walk to the beach, directly across the road from the casino and surrounded by restaurants. The complexes own restaurant next to it, El Palmero, offers a 10% discount for guests. Most restaurants in the area offer a take away service. It is possible to cook in the apartment (non-superior) as you have an oven, 2-ring hob and toaster. There is no microwave but enough cooking utensils to get by. Unfortunately there is no washer/dryer facilities onsite but each apartment has a clothes dryer on the balcony. Over the 2 weeks, I think I saw a total of 3 cats. They did not bother me once (and I am not a cat person). There are signs up asking people not to feed the cats. Not once did a cat come up to someone. In fact it was the opposite; they tend to run away as you come close to them. Only issue was that they were a couple of cat fights at night which were a bit annoying but not a major disturbance. Our 2 bed apartment was very spacious. Both rooms have twin beds and loads of storage space with plenty of hangers. There were extra blankets which we did not need. The cleaner seemed to appear everyday: made the beds, brushed and mopped the floors and changed the towels. I can’t wait to go back to Plays Club.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LABRANDA Playa Club are just 50 metres away from the sea, and 150 metres from Puerto del Carmen's longest beach called "Playa Grande". This complex has 2 outdoor pools and a supermarket next to the complex seperated by a security door. The centre of Puerto del Carmen is less than 2 km away. The apartment complex has a 24-hour reception. There is also a restaurant serving à la carte menu and a buffet breakfast every day. Each spacious apartment is brightly decorated and has a balcony or terrace. There is a living area with satellite TV, a kitchenette and breakfast bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your LABRANDA Playa Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Club Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Playa Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Playa Club Lanzarote
- Playa Resort Puerto Del Carmen
- LABRANDA Playa Club Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen