Riviera Playa Hotel
Myseahouse Flamingo(Playa de Palma)
US$183
  • Beachfront
US$178
  • Pool
Iberostar Cristina(Playa de Palma)
US$146
Hotel Pure Salt Garonda(Playa de Palma)
US$177
  • Pool
Tres Torres(Playa de Palma)(Great Value!)
US$121
Grupotel Taurus Park(Playa de Palma)
US$108
US$346
US$329
  • Pool
Occidental Playa de Palma(Playa de Palma)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$130
Principe Hotel(Playa de Palma)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$110
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
THB El Cid(Playa de Palma)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$112
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 May 2016 via mobile

I don't even know where to start;
The first night I had no electricity in the room, the card slot did not work. The man on night duty came to have a look, but in the end couldn't do anything. He gave me the option of staying in the room, or packing up at 1am and moving to another room. ( this was not an option for me as I couldn't see anything in the room, let alone gather all my things in the dark)
I had no light, no fan, couldn't charge my phone, couldn't do anything)
Already totally frustrated I went to bed, only to find there was a pesky mosquito in the room which ruined the rest of my night.

The next morning i went to reception to get it looked at again, there was no apology, in fact they didn't even seem to care. They sent up the technician who eventually fixed it.

The reception looks like forgotten place. So cold and uncomfortable looking. On picture on the wall.

You have to pay for wifi. 5€ for one day or 10€ for 3 days. This is ridiculous.

You have to pay a 10€ deposit for the remote for the TV.

Breakfast was very average, most mornings the eggs were inedible.

I Found the staff quite rude and uninterested.

The location is great. The hotel is in a relatively quiet area, away from the party areas.

The only good thing about my room was that it had a balcony and was sea facing. The level of cleanliness was average, but also the room had no character, no pictures on the wall, absolutely nothing to make it feel comfortable.

I personally didn't choose this hotel, the group I was with organised the booking. I wish I had read the reviews before showing up there so I knew what I Was letting myself in for.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Sabrina H
Reviewed 21 May 2015

Upon arrival I waited for 5 minutes while the receptionist was on the phone. That was fine, but then check in took a further 10 minutes (even after booking through booking.com with all details pre filled-in)

You are then made to sign 2 documents which are in Spanish (obviously) and German only. I enquired what they were for but the receptionist couldn't speak enough English to tell me. Her lack of English didn't bother me (I'm in Spain, after all) but I would've thought an English translation would be appropriate. From the night I spent there, Can Pastilla is frequented by mainly German holidaymakers, and so this made more sense retrospectively.

Breakfast is included, but you must pay for WiFi 5€ for the day and 15€ for the week, I think. If you would like the remote for the TV, you'll need to pay a 10€ deposit too.

The room was basic. Nice balcony with ocean views, clean, 2 single beds that were a little soft.

Check out is til 11 which is nice.

Breakfast wasn't very nice, but there's plenty of options around. The location is great if you want to party, but loud and busy if you don't.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank jkoler
Reviewed 4 May 2012

We stayed here four nights, from the 27th of April until the 1st of May 2012. The hotel is not too bad, the staff is very nice and helpful, the buffet for breakfasts and dinners are quite good (...but you must try typical restaurants around there!) These are the problems in my opinion: there's not remote control for tv (if you really need it, you'd better bring your own universal one, if you have!). No air-conditioning: it was not a real problem during springtime, but it may be during summertime. If it's too windy there's an excessive draught under the balcony's door. We had to put our luggages to reduce it. The real problem is the presence of rude and bad-mannered german guys. They used to stay under our room shouting, laughing and drinking beer, and whenever they went back to their own rooms they always shouted too much.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank xmdp75x
Reviewed 7 September 2011

We stayed here for three nights in June and that was enough.
The hotel caters for Germans, most of whom were playing their music at full volume by the pool.
This meant we could not swim in the pool due to the noise.
Our room although basic had a lovely view of the beach, but the stay was spoilt by large numbers of male groups who paraded up and down the promenade chanting and singing.
Breakfast at the hotel was very uninteresting.
However we found some nice restaurants in the area and the bus fares are very cheap into Palma.

Room Tip: Avoid if you can
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2011

This hotel caters almost exclusively for German tourists - as does all of Playa de Palma. The meals are OK but with little variance - we ate out most days so it wasn't a problem. The rooms are comfortable, all are en suite with balconies but without air conditioning or fridges. The staff seem overwhelmed by the amount of young people who stay here for group holidays. Although there is no violence, there was a constant divide between the older and younger residents. The latter who seem to chant and roar all day which although it is done in all in good nature, is a bit tiring. The bar closes at 11 PM and all drinks are served in plastic tumblers. The rooms are very clean and the hotel is well maintained. The staff are helpful and friendly. The hotel on directly by the beach at Balneario 11 and is in a wonderful location in that it is far enough away from the "party" scene to be quiet but is close enough for easy access. The hotels on either side seem to be a little better.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family