“Left due to the smell.”
Review of Finsbay

Finsbay
Ranked #6 of 21 Restaurants in Milngavie
Reviewed April 5, 2018

As top tripadvisor reviewer in Milngavie I normally give good/excellent reviews but try to be fair and review as I find. Hadn’t tried this local place before but was booked to dine with 4 friends. Menu looked ok if not cheap. Arrived to find restaurant rather cold - another couple sitting with coats on. What really put us off however was the dreadful strong smell of old cooking fat which permeated the whole restaurant. We had noticed this as we walked beside restaurantto go in but it was even worse inside. We all felt the smell so bad that we cancelled our booking and left.

4  Thank JanandDavid

Reviewed March 22, 2018

Another great night at Finsbay. Had the scollops and Stronoway black pudding to start followed by the sea bass and it was perfect! Also got sweet potato chips, I've tried them from different places but Finsbay always do them best, my eyes were too big for my belly though and the waitress was happy to box them up for me to bring home - always such a friendly, helpful service from staff! Finished off with a G&T and listened to some wonderful live music from Experimental Scone Kitchen as part of the open mic night, all in all we had a fantastic evening :)

Reviewed March 12, 2018

Went here for Mother’s Day lunch. Helpful staff who gave us well positioned table to suite my mother who infirm. Special menu on. Good choice and good value. Food was great-tasty and enjoyable even if my mother thought vegetables too crunchy. Good choice of drinks. Was fairly quiet so not great atmosphere but suited us. Will go back and as dog friendly may take our Pointer the next time.

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

Visited for lunch for the first time. Upon arrival were seated by a waitress with menus then left for 20 minutes before even being offered a drink. We though perhaps things would improve as the time went on but sadly not.

Decor is perhaps not to my taste but the overall cleanliness was not good. I actually sat with a dirty dog food bowl under my seat the entire time as I discovered when I left.

Our order was clearly missed/forgotten by the kitchen which does happen but was not compensated for in any way which was a shame. It kind of felt like staff couldn’t really be bothered.

I could actually see in to the kitchen from where we’re sitting and could actually see kitchen staff nibbling on chips or on their phones at times.

The food was good but even the vinegar bottle had a general feel of grime. There was also a bizarre table of uncovered cakes lying beside the front door.

Overall, I’m not sure I will be back. There are better places in the area.

3  Thank emwine031
Reviewed February 26, 2018

3rd time there, 1st time turned away due to function starting. 2nd time there, booked table for 5 for 4 PM. Got there and was then informed that only bar lunches available until 5 PM. I asked about the Sunday roast and again - after 5 PM, we left. 3rd time the charm. The wife ordered grilled seabass with rosti and fried egg. The rosti was a 2.5 inch block of mash and some un-named veg, this arrived cold?? There were 3 stalks of asparagus, to say they were al-dente would be an understatement. The grilled seabass consisted of 3-4 very small pieces of what appeared to be fried fish. The wife did not eat most of it. Based on this plate we would NOT be back. On the other hand - I had thai green sauce on mussels. these were very, very good.

2  Thank robert b