All reviews the pub car park leisure centre self service breakfast staff the ground floor bed was very comfortable lady on reception two night stay plenty of parking lovely hotel good size full english excellent value for money buffet style business trip following morning
Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

It’s one of the better best westerns I’ve stayed in! And good value hence the rating!

Rooms clean, WiFi good, no air conditioning (windows can be open though) Very friendly staff.

Breakfast basic but good, fresh ordered porridge was delicious! Dinner the previous night was delicious!

Ideal a night for work or base at great value!

Date of stay: November 2018
Reviewed October 23, 2018

We (family of four) booked a family room as we were attending a 60th in Mexborough. The check in was friendly and efficient in this very modern hotel. The room itself was spacious with a king size bed and two singles with plenty of room to move around in, the room was also spotless. The shower/ toilet was very clean, the shower had a main overhead type and an additional one that you could pull out.
Our nights sleep was very good, the bed was very comfortable and even tho we faced the car park we didnt hear a sound all night.
Breakfast time and we was shown to our table and asked what drinks we would like, the breakfast was self service and plenty of choice, fruit juices were available along with cerial and fruit etc, the cooked breakfast had the usual bacon, sausage, black pudding etc and all was very hot and well cooked.
Overall this was a very pleasent stay and we would book again the next time we visited the realtives.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed October 15, 2018

We had an overnight stay at this hotel with two rooms booked and both of them were lovely. They were very clean & tidy and the beds were comfortable, although the one in the adult room was a bit lumpy, but not uncomfortable.

It was well organised and the staff were friendly & very helpful.

The only gripe I have is that in the room when we arrived there was only enough tea/coffee/milk & sugar to make one drink each because we arrived quite late and needed a drink in the room before we set off for dinner. It could have done with providing enough to cover the next morning as well without having to ask at Reception for more supplies in the evening so we could get an early morning drink while we got ready for breakfast & to leave. Apart from that it was a great location, well kept & clean & tidy and the price was surprisingly good for the level of accommodation on offer, we would definitely stay here again and would recommend it also

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed October 15, 2018

We stayed here the end of August for 2 nights, we were visiting Yorkshire wildlife park so was ideal location. The hotel was very average, the breakfast offered was of good standard and you had a fair selection. The service was good though, but then there did seem to be quite a number of staff for breakfast service, most of which were standing around. The room had everything you would need but I wouldn't say it was decorated to high standard, the bathroom was very nice though. We got put in a link room, which was not nice at all and to be honest I wish I had asked to be moved as you could hear every word the person said in the adjoining room! On the second night of our stay this became a problem as the couple next door had a massive row and was banging and shouting loudly into the early hours. I looked on the phone to see if there was a reception button and couldn't find one and I wasn't walking down to the reception to tell them in the middle of the night. I don't really like to complain but thought I would mention this on checkout as part of a hotels purpose after all is for you to get a good nights sleep and we ended up being awake half the night. I know this is not the hotels fault, but I would have thought that upon mentioning this to a member of staff I would have received a bit more than "yeah someone else complained about that too, sorry!" On that count it left a bit of a bitter taste to what was a nice weekend away. Would I stay at this hotel again if in the area, no would be my answer, I think for a fraction more you can stay in a premier inn and I would say they are better for a run of the mill B&B type establishment.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2018

Check-in here was quick and friendly. The rooms were clean, well decorated and the beds very comfortable. Breakfast was delicious, fresh, with plenty of choice and the staff looked after us all well. I would definitely stay here again as it's a great place to stay.

Date of stay: October 2018