6,611 results
All reviews rooftop pool la laja star hotel pasta station lovely hotel half board evening entertainment a la carte restaurant plenty of sunbeds bed and breakfast all inclusive guests plenty of choice large hotel reception area on an all inclusive basis something for everyone main bar
Reviewed January 22, 2018

It states at the entrance it is a 5 star hotel, although the price I paid for Bed and Breakfast was not a 5 star price. HOWEVER....

As soon as you enter, this is a Grand Hotel, Naturally it is becoming dated, but that didn't distract from our enjoyment of the place.

As we entered our room, we were pleasantly surprised to find a fruit selection and bottled water. A very pleasant surprise - oh and don't forget the little box of chocolates (another surprise).

The room faced east, towards where they are destructing the shopping complex (that didn't bother me one bit and my darling wife slept through any noise that started about 8 o'clock. The bathroom was fully equipped (including toothbrushes and a shaving kit - wow!) The towels were changed daily and most days after the evening shower the maids were calling with further towels. Magnificent.

So on to Breakfast - blow me down, I didn't see oysters on the menu... just about everything else, so you could complain, but only if you were a misery guts. I didn;t participate in the Cava and Orange Juice, but if you wanted to... I only wish I liked having Egg and Bacon for Breakfast - it did look good.

If I wanted to complain, it was the price of sill things like a bottle of Agua con Gas - €2.40 is rather steep - I didn't dare ask for a pint or a cocktail (I left my gold bars at home).

Plenty of sun beds and towels (issued against a token - if you don't return the token you get charged for the missing towel - fare do's). The pool are brilliant, but not many people take advantage of going up to the 6th Floor to the Panoramic Pool with views out to sea. Late afternoon, go up there to watch the sun set - calming for the soul.

Would I recommend this Hotel - I generally don't recommend anything - find out for yourself, but my thoughts above are that I found everything to the good and nothing adverse. A great mixture of clientele from various nations. Very welcoming.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Bob_Jennings1948
GFHoteles, Manager at GF Gran Costa Adeje, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your kind review; we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will consider returning on your next visit to Tenerife.
With best regards
Manager, GF Gran Costa Adeje

Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

We spent 5 nights here between Xmas and a new Year and enjoyed it very much. It was somewhat quiet (50% occupancy) which suited us fine. Great breakfast, nice room (could benefit from modernisation) and helpful and nice staff. I liked the top floor adult only pool best. If you want to go out in the evening be prepared for a down hill walk to the beach area - and corresponding uphill walk back - for 10 mins or so. I would not hesitate to book another stay at this hotel!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
GFHoteles, Manager at GF Gran Costa Adeje, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your comments, it´s lovely to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to see you on your next visit to Tenerife.
Best regards
Manager, GF Gran Costa Adeje

Reviewed January 22, 2018

We have stayed at this hotel many times, And am sorry to say that on this visit the hotel let its self down . Our Bedroom Toilets had a bad smell from the drains , The restaurants selection off food was poor also when it ran out you had to wait for it to be replaced over long ,Plus they had Christmas lights up which were not switched on . I think that the hotel is struggling with a cash flow due to the delay on the opening of there new hotel the Victoria . I think the hotel needs to get back to where it was (fantastic Quality for the price) for the good off its loyal customers

Room Tip: If you want to keep the cost down don't book a pool or sea view as there is a added cost
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank DAVYC317
Reviewed January 22, 2018

Hotel is well run and clean with huge public areas. You should not have to fight for a subbed and I personally witnessed the removal of towels by staff in accordance with hotel policy. All in all (though we only stayed bed and breakfast)I could not fault the hotel or it's attentive staff

Stayed: January 2018
Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

Can not fault this hotel, we had a lovely time. It was a special birthday for me and the bottle of Cava in the room was a lovely extra. I did have a fall in the garden and the hotel staff did everything to help me.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple