“Poor quality, poor service ”
Review of Atlantico

Atlantico
Ranked #187 of 317 Restaurants in Costa Adeje
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

We chose this restaurant on the location and although the setting is lovely - with a clear mountain view on one side and sea and sunset on the other, that is the last positive thing I can say about this place.

In common with others, it was all smiles as we went in, then the service and faces turned sour. The food is mediocre and expensive. It was a special night out for us and we ordered a paella and chateaubriand amongst other things. The paella was supposed to come with squid and prawns, I think they thought I was gullible because what was supposed to be ‘red prawns’ were chopped up bits of red pepper. Tiny bits of squid. Poor quality, poor value. The chateaubriand was a bit better.

The worst bit was the end of the meal, we asked for the bill, and I got up to take my two early teenage children to the bathroom as it was at the back of a busy bar showing a big football match. That made the waiters all twitch and they gathered around as if we were about to run off without paying our bill, clearly it was going to be a large bill with what we had chosen. My husband stayed at the table to pay and I had left my handbag. They got really anxious and gathered around the waiter taking the payment when the contactless didn’t work, which of course it didn’t it was 140euros, my husband told them that. They never smiled, or caught our eye. We didn’t leave a tip. They never thanked us for our custom or said goodbye. Mediocre food, horrible experience.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Very nice staff, managed to get a table by the window, my son had the burger a little dry, even the waiter saw was left untouched but didn’t offer anything else. My husband liked his gambas and my paella was ok but the sardines were dry. Lovely white Tenerife wine though.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Excellent food. Excellent service. Overlooking the ocean so excellent location. Very good overall and value for money.

Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

I am very surprised at the mixed reviews. Our first visit here was in 2011 and we have returned many times since, four times during our recent two week holiday. We always are made to feel welcome and valued customers and the quality of food and service remain high. We usually choose fish and/or seafood and have never been disappointed. This time we both tried the Zarzuela which was superb. Hake Atlantico or Marinera we also thoroughly enjoyed and my one meat dish, roast lamb, was tender, succulent and beautifully flavoured.

Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

As the name suggests Atlantico overlooks the Atlantic so good views guaranteed.

Menu ranges from burgers and pizzas to fillet steak. Waiter was friendly and efficient and our choices of main, a fillet and a pizza were well prepared and tasty.

Three courses and wine €80