“Below my expectation!”
Review of Alkyon Hotel

Alkyon Hotel
Ranked #17 of 82 Hotels in Mykonos Town
Reviewed 23 July 2017

While the hotel has a beautiful ocean view, it lacks in customer service.
I had booked a sea view room requesting two beds. Upon my arrival, they placed me in a room with one bed. However, to get a sea view, you have to walk out to the patio, turn to the right to get a peekaboo ocean view. If that's what they meant of sea view room, then every room in that hotel has a sea view! Luckily, they changed our room the next day to a two beds room. And to my surprise, you can actually see the ocean from the window! So they tried to fool me on the first room?
Then, I had informed the hotel of my friend's arrival time on the following day and they forgot to pick him up at the airport. Their excuse was the driver was late from picking up other guests. Even then they should have informed us in advance.
We were there to celebrate my friend's birthday which again, I informed the hotel upon my arrival that I needed assistance on restaurant reservation. On my friend's birthday, there was no cake or a bottle of wine which is fine. But most of all, they never came back to me about any restaurant suggestion.
Their wifi was one of the worst I have experienced. Very slow and spotty. It didn't really bother us since it was actually nice to stay away from Internet.
For the view, I would stay here but not for the service. And the fact that I felt like they were trying to trick me on their sea view room category, I would take my money elsewhere.

Room Tip: Sea view room with sea view from the window!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank dapperboi

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Really enjoyed our stay at Alkyon Hotel. The reception staff are very helpful and the views from the pool are great. Big, clean rooms. Good location - only a short, 10 minute, walk into town. Would recommend.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 19 July 2017

Stayed here for a week with my partner and two of our friends, Had a wonderful week! The hotel was clean and fresh, as were the rooms. Sofia, the owner, was there on our arrival, and was extremely helpful in pointing out places of interest on the island, marking them on a map for us to take away. The views from the terrace were spectacular, especially the sunset. The breakfast included was plentiful and varied. Once again, the staff at breakfast were friendly, and we always managed to get a table outside with great views of the sea. Regarding the pool, there were always beds available, and the staff member in the pool bar was always available to serve drinks and hot and cold snacks with a smile. There were a group of rowdy Australians, who were calmed down by the pool bar staff, and didn't make any more noise. You have to remember people are on holiday, and can get a little exuberant at times. I would recommend this hotel without a doubt. The one thing worth mentioning is that it is quite a steep walk to and from town, so you need to be quite fit. Apart from that, a great place to stay! Oh yes, and they offer a free shuttle service to and from the hotel too!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2017

Lisa and I spent 4 evenings at this property. We really liked it! Very nice having a shuttle service from the ferry.
Staff very warm and accommodating!
The room was really nice. Good size! One of the only complaints was the road noise in the evening! Had to wear ear plugs in order to sleep!
They offered a nice breakfast each day.
The pool was really nice!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2017

Dear all we chose Alkyon hotel in Mykonos as it's reviews were excellent in all the Internet pages.Me and my partner felt really happy at the end and this because of this hotel.It is situated in a very good location close to the center but not to far from the beach.We had a complimentary transportation when we arrived and a Free transportation when we departed.Our room was spacious with a big bed and a nice balcony along wioth comfortable lounge chairs.Staff was really friendly and acommodating.The cleanliness was excellent all around the hotel.Thank you Alkyon and team for the nice stay!We will be back one time!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2017

From where I can start saying how welcoming and friendly the hotel staff was during our stay!Especially Sofia who is the sweet reception manager gave us a lot of information about Mykonos and she helped us book the best restaurants and attactions on the island!The cleaner was keeping our room very tidy and clean every day!Swimming pool was very cool with lots of sunbeds and chairs thorought the day!Chris (the poolbarman) was alwasy smily and prepared for us the best mojitos we ever had so far!Well done Chris!The lady in the breakfast was very hospitable too.When we ever come back in Mykonos this is the hotel we will be staying not only because of it's view and facilities but most of all because of it's amazing staff!

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms offer propably better views!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

The pool/view amenities cannot accommodate the occupants of the hotel when fully booked. The pool is always crowded, all day long; there is often no available seating.
To make matters worse, the hotel pretty much let's people behave any way they want here. At the pool, you can play your music loudly, yell and scream at each other, and one group monopolized the pool with a game for the better part of an afternoon so no one else could swim. Hotel staff observe all of this and do absolutely nothing.
If you want to have a free-for-all party, this might be the place for you. Otherwise, I would avoid this place entirely.
I've traveled all over the world and I understand hotels are not private homes. This place is awful. There are many other high quality hotels in Mykonos--dont waste your money here.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple