This is a bit late (Spring 2011 was our stay), but I wanted to share a review of this resort to contrast another Dreams I have visited (and also because I will soon be visiting a Secrets and will be looking forward to offering a comparison review then.)
This resort offers all of the awesome guest service, cleanliness, quality etc of the Dreams chain. For more detail, check out the review I wrote on Dreams Palm Beach. However, Dreams La Romana is huge and I would not likely return if I had other choices. I disliked the cramped beach, and also if you love to swim in the salt water, it is hard to get down to the beach in some places because of the slope of the sand. Also TOO MANY KIDS AND SMOKERS! This resort seems to attract a lot of europeans who smoke everywhere (I am allergic) and allow their children to run free unsupervised. It was hard to relax sometimes without being splashed by kids in the various pools. My boyfriend and I kept saying "next time... secrets" which we had found out was the same chain's adults-only.
The other thing I disliked about Dreams La Romana (which I did not encounter at Dreams Palm Beach) was the salespeople walking around near the pool and beach areas harassing you to try to sign up for time share meetings. They actually follow you around and really bug you.
Also I do not, but if you have mobility issues or do not like to walk, you might not love this place. The resort is very spread out and restaurants are scattered all about and you have to travel along these cobblestone paths for quite a distance to get to different places (tip: ladies don't wear high heeled sandals to dinner! lol)
If you go here, hang out by the pool with the swim-up bar. The bartenders there were awesome and always remembered us and they even pulled a stinger out of a bumblebee's bum (kinda gross but funny I guess) when I was scared of it flying around me. Also order mojitos! I never liked this drink until I went to this resort and they make them sooo good.
We tried most of the restaurants except for the weird jungle one on the beach (it was cute but kinda scary... reminded me of halloween or something). Loved loved LOVED El Patio (mexican restaurant.)
Additionally, make sure to check the airport you are flying into when you book a package. The La Romana airport is wayy closer and saves you the 2.5 hr bus ride from punta cana airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst a world of pristine beaches, lush tropical jungle and turquoise sea on the southeast coast of the Dominican Republic, Dreams La Romana is the perfect resort for singles, couples and families. Unlimited Luxury Enjoy the many amenities of Unlimited-Luxury at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, where nearly everything is included. Every gourmet meal, every fine wine and cocktail, and so much more. At Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, these amenities include: •Elegant accommodations with incredible views •Gourmet dining at eleven specialty restaurants •24-hour room service •Unlimited top-shelf spirits at seven festive bars and lounges •All day and nighttime activities and entertainment •Option to upgrade to Preferred Club privileges •Free WiFi and international calling with Unlimited Connectivity (coming soon) •Full breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks •Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks •Unlimited international and domestic top-shelf spirits •Complimentary mini-bar refreshed daily with soft drinks, juices, bottled water and beer •24-hour room service •Specialty restaurants with no reservations required •Themed parties, oceanfront bars and entertainment venues •Pristine swimming pools •Pool and beach wait service •Endless daytime activities and live nightly entertainment •Explorer's Club for kids with supervised activities •Core Zone Teens Club with teen activities •Fitness center •No wristbands required •All taxes and gratuities Unlimited Top-Shelf Spirits Enjoy international and domestic top-shelf spirits, fine wines and ice-cold beer at any of our seven bars and lounges. Then keep the party going with 24-hour room service and your own complimentary mini-bar. All of your favorite drinks are served without limit or expected gratuities at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa. World-Class Spa Indulge and invigorate your senses with a day in the Dreams Spa by Pevonia. Spanning more than 21,000 square feet, the on-site spa at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa offers a la carte treatment options ranging from the traditional to transcendent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa Dominican Republic/Bayahibe