Came on April spring break. Read a lot of reviews before so expectations were high. Overall it is not 5 stars, more like 3 stars.
Food: SUCKS! BIG TIME! Even if you live in the middle of nowhere with McDonalds as the only restaurant you’ll be disappointed. They screw up hamburgers and French fries so imagine everything else. Veggies and fruits are not fresh; often they served fruits which already turned bad. Eggs and omelets are OK. French restaurant is a joke and don’t go to sushi place!
Drinks: good at preferred area at the pool bar. But if you at the beach you have to go back there because bar at the common area not very good (don’t feel alcohol in cocktails even if you tip) plus you have to wait 15-20 min.
Pool: good, choose preferred area-less crowded, you’ll also have preferred area at the beach as well. Enough chairs but not enough shade for everybody be prepared to wake up at 6 am to take place.
Beach: OK, not enough shade there is no beach at preferred area-rocks only. Water is not clean, seaweed and sand so it’s not transparent.
Entertainment: shows are joke unless you like auctions where they sell cheap hats and T-shirts. In some reviews I read a list what they have: basketball hoop(1), pool tables (about 5 , 2 usually closed), games (2)-if you are willing to spend 1 hour in line to let your kids play you’ll be fine.
Trips: bought Saona-trip to the island, were told 1 hour there on catamaran, food and drinks are included, back home on speed boat. Took 3 hours to get there!! Without food!! So kids were really hungry. Food at the island was even worse than at resort. Lobsters were not included and we had money for tips only so couldn’t buy it. Best part-you CAN NOT flush the toilet (there are 4 there-toilets only, no restroom no sink), so imagine the consequences if you are not the first person who uses it. Water was really warm though with a lot of seaweed.
Spa: package 125$; scrub, light massage and facial (by facial they mean mask on your face for 15 min)-for this price I had much better service.
Staff: friendly, have better service with tips.
I talked to at least 6 couples with kids who were staying at the same time here. Everybody are disappointed, some of them here 1st time, some were here before-apparently it just got worse from previous years, I definitely not going here next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst a world of pristine beaches, lush tropical jungle and turquoise sea on the southeast coast of the Dominican Republic, Dreams La Romana is the perfect resort for singles, couples and families. Unlimited Luxury Enjoy the many amenities of Unlimited-Luxury at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, where nearly everything is included. Every gourmet meal, every fine wine and cocktail, and so much more. At Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, these amenities include: •Elegant accommodations with incredible views •Gourmet dining at eleven specialty restaurants •24-hour room service •Unlimited top-shelf spirits at seven festive bars and lounges •All day and nighttime activities and entertainment •Option to upgrade to Preferred Club privileges •Free WiFi and international calling with Unlimited Connectivity (coming soon) •Full breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks •Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks •Unlimited international and domestic top-shelf spirits •Complimentary mini-bar refreshed daily with soft drinks, juices, bottled water and beer •24-hour room service •Specialty restaurants with no reservations required •Themed parties, oceanfront bars and entertainment venues •Pristine swimming pools •Pool and beach wait service •Endless daytime activities and live nightly entertainment •Explorer's Club for kids with supervised activities •Core Zone Teens Club with teen activities •Fitness center •No wristbands required •All taxes and gratuities Unlimited Top-Shelf Spirits Enjoy international and domestic top-shelf spirits, fine wines and ice-cold beer at any of our seven bars and lounges. Then keep the party going with 24-hour room service and your own complimentary mini-bar. All of your favorite drinks are served without limit or expected gratuities at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa. World-Class Spa Indulge and invigorate your senses with a day in the Dreams Spa by Pevonia. Spanning more than 21,000 square feet, the on-site spa at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa offers a la carte treatment options ranging from the traditional to transcendent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa Dominican Republic/Bayahibe