My fiancee and I just recently got back from a Vacation for a friends wedding at Dreams La Romana in Bayahibe and it was fantastic! We were booked in building 7, check in was a breeze, they brought our bags to our room - and a bottle of rum was waiting for us! Air Conditioning in the room was PERFECT!
Tip - the key card goes in the slot by the bathroom to turn on your lights, if this is your first time at a resort this might cause some distress, haha.
I'm a vegetarian and ate very well - try to avoid the Oceana Grill and French Restro as your options are extremely limited there. Long pants are required at the French and Italian dining options - and Flip Flops on men are a bad idea for your dinner/supper.
During the weekend it seemed there was a conference and buses of locals filled the resort, to the point service went extremely down hill. It was a bit too crowded - week days are the best days at this resort.
Don't purchase all your goods on the resort, or even at the vendors - it's cheaper at the Grocery and Shopping stores in the small fishing village of Bayahibe which is a 10 minute walk west of the resort. Price things at the resort before bargaining with the vendors on the beach - they will try and rip you off, and over charge. Be firm and you'll be happy with your purchases.
We swam with Sharks and Stingrays on a wonderful Catamaran cruise with the Marinararium Tour in Punta Cana area - the drive is a tad long (especially if you fly into Punta Cana too) but it was WELL worth it. Underwater cameras are a must!!
There were some complaints on here about the beach, and how it had a "rocky" landscape on some parts - trust me, the sand is plenty and the landscape isn't the rocks your thinking of, it's beautifully sculped coral - as seen in the photos posted. It's a real Dominican coast line, real life - stunning beautiful.
Alexis in the swim up bar is the most animated of all the employees - make sure to not forget your money at this bar for a good tip - he deserves it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst a world of pristine beaches, lush tropical jungle and turquoise sea on the southeast coast of the Dominican Republic, Dreams La Romana is the perfect resort for singles, couples and families. Unlimited Luxury Enjoy the many amenities of Unlimited-Luxury at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, where nearly everything is included. Every gourmet meal, every fine wine and cocktail, and so much more. At Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, these amenities include: •Elegant accommodations with incredible views •Gourmet dining at eleven specialty restaurants •24-hour room service •Unlimited top-shelf spirits at seven festive bars and lounges •All day and nighttime activities and entertainment •Option to upgrade to Preferred Club privileges •Free WiFi and international calling with Unlimited Connectivity (coming soon) •Full breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks •Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks •Unlimited international and domestic top-shelf spirits •Complimentary mini-bar refreshed daily with soft drinks, juices, bottled water and beer •24-hour room service •Specialty restaurants with no reservations required •Themed parties, oceanfront bars and entertainment venues •Pristine swimming pools •Pool and beach wait service •Endless daytime activities and live nightly entertainment •Explorer's Club for kids with supervised activities •Core Zone Teens Club with teen activities •Fitness center •No wristbands required •All taxes and gratuities Unlimited Top-Shelf Spirits Enjoy international and domestic top-shelf spirits, fine wines and ice-cold beer at any of our seven bars and lounges. Then keep the party going with 24-hour room service and your own complimentary mini-bar. All of your favorite drinks are served without limit or expected gratuities at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa. World-Class Spa Indulge and invigorate your senses with a day in the Dreams Spa by Pevonia. Spanning more than 21,000 square feet, the on-site spa at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa offers a la carte treatment options ranging from the traditional to transcendent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa Dominican Republic/Bayahibe