First thing to note: this is NOT an all inclusive resort!!! It's condominiums/hotel rooms - for condos it is great i'm sure but as a hotel, they are missing some key common sense things that make a hotel stay great. That being said, it was a really nice place, good beach (although a little bit rocky where you get in), lots of beach chairs on the beach and on a nice deck, great place to watch the sunset, quiet for relaxing, fun water slides, food was good with quite a lot of variety, and the staff was really nice although under-informed about most things you wanted to know. our room was pretty small but the bed was very comfy (i would recommend asking for an upstairs room as we were on the ground floor and it was ok but not the best). the shower also left a lot to be desired - not a nice shower head and it took at least 10 minutes to get hot water but once it was hot it was good, the water pressure was fine. there was a small kitchen in the room but no utensils or pots/pans. they do bring you water every day so that was a nice surprise.
onto the difficult part however - we booked a semi all-inclusive package which was good, but got confusing - the front desk had NO idea what was included in the package and we kept having to go up to get all of the vouchers - and wearing paper wristbands for 4 days was not very nice. we were also supposed to get a 'welcome drink' and we never got it. we did end up getting all of our food vouchers and water/coke was included with the meals but no alcoholic drinks. they also didn't tell us at first what time each meal voucher was valid for so that led to some confusion....
overall, the resort is really nice, very good place to relax and do NOTHING and enjoy the beach and the views and the quiet and the sun - the pools are great, too and we even went to the mini water park which was fun (once we got the right wristband and they let us in...)! however, although the wait staff and bar staff were really great, they were not well managed and no one seemed to know what was going on or what you were supposed to get for what and when. they need better management of the hotel part of the resort.
it's also definitely a place for couples or families, wouldn't be too exciting to go with just friends if you're looking for a lively vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cadaques offers you the opportunity to escape into a different reality. Our little nook in Bayahibe, with crystal clear waters and sandy beaches, has a diverse set of activities for the whole family. Cobbled streets invite you to enjoy the unique combination of daily Mediterranean life and relaxed island feeling of a small village. Take a walk with us and see our chapel, its tropical gardens, and our different entertainment areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity.ca, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Weare Bayahibe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cadaques Caribe Resort And Villas
- Cadaques Caribe Resort & Villas Hotel Bayahibe
- Hotel Weare Bayahibe Dominican Republic