“Nice place to relax but some things to KNOW before you go...”

Hotel Weare Bayahibe
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Bayahibe
Reviewed 20 February 2012

First thing to note: this is NOT an all inclusive resort!!! It's condominiums/hotel rooms - for condos it is great i'm sure but as a hotel, they are missing some key common sense things that make a hotel stay great. That being said, it was a really nice place, good beach (although a little bit rocky where you get in), lots of beach chairs on the beach and on a nice deck, great place to watch the sunset, quiet for relaxing, fun water slides, food was good with quite a lot of variety, and the staff was really nice although under-informed about most things you wanted to know. our room was pretty small but the bed was very comfy (i would recommend asking for an upstairs room as we were on the ground floor and it was ok but not the best). the shower also left a lot to be desired - not a nice shower head and it took at least 10 minutes to get hot water but once it was hot it was good, the water pressure was fine. there was a small kitchen in the room but no utensils or pots/pans. they do bring you water every day so that was a nice surprise.

onto the difficult part however - we booked a semi all-inclusive package which was good, but got confusing - the front desk had NO idea what was included in the package and we kept having to go up to get all of the vouchers - and wearing paper wristbands for 4 days was not very nice. we were also supposed to get a 'welcome drink' and we never got it. we did end up getting all of our food vouchers and water/coke was included with the meals but no alcoholic drinks. they also didn't tell us at first what time each meal voucher was valid for so that led to some confusion....

overall, the resort is really nice, very good place to relax and do NOTHING and enjoy the beach and the views and the quiet and the sun - the pools are great, too and we even went to the mini water park which was fun (once we got the right wristband and they let us in...)! however, although the wait staff and bar staff were really great, they were not well managed and no one seemed to know what was going on or what you were supposed to get for what and when. they need better management of the hotel part of the resort.

it's also definitely a place for couples or families, wouldn't be too exciting to go with just friends if you're looking for a lively vacation.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room!
2  Thank CN711
Jpack, General Manager at Hotel Weare Bayahibe, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Dear Celia,

I am glad that you took the time to write to us, and I do apologize for the inconvenience that you had during your most recent stay with us. I have met with the management and staff involved, and corrective measures will take place to avoid this to happen again. I am glad that overall you relaxed and enjoyed Cadaques, and we do look forward to have you back soon. I promise you a good welcome drink! Thank you.

Ronald M.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

The Good: The beach is the best in the area. The Iberostar and Viva Wyndham hotel beaches were horrific...very rocky. Cadaques was gorgeous and while the ocean water park took away from the view, the beach was white sand and yummy on the feet. You can walk to the right for a half mile of great beaches (after a hundred feet or so of crap) before you get to rocks. There are a couple of man made reefs that are mature enough to be home to some small fish which made snorkling fun.The staff was great. Raul is the best bartender in the Dominican. Francisco, Ricchi, Randy, Felix, Yesica were all very delightful. Most didn't speak much English but they really want to please. The pizza was great, Rum (RON) punch was yummy, and room was clean. Try the Ceviche and/or Salpicon. Yum.

The Bad: Not much except that I agree with other posts. I think there was a bit of false advertising. We didn't get a king room. We had the option to after we complained but the ones that were available were fairly far from the beach. Also,we thought there was beach side massages. When we went to the Spa they said they couldn't do it (although the next day we saw one set up on the beach...maybe lost in translation). They weren't able to do a couple massage either. We did groupon and the free breakfast tickets were a disaster. Very disorganized and we agreed with one other american couple: "Meals were the most stressful time" because it just didn't seem like they had the process down. Everything is in Spanish so if you don't know spanish you basically have to ask what everything means. Not sure they are totally ready for Americans. Also, drinks are made a little different than the US. Ask for a lot of ice in your iced drinks (pina colada, daiquiri, etc) and just a bit of milk with your coffee. They tend to put the inverse amount of what we do in the states (lots of milk, a little coffee). Don't expect to do much while you are here. There isn't much beside laying around. Bring your own sunscreen. Its $20. While a GM response to this same critique on another trip advisor post, was that they had lower cost options at the mini market....they don't.

The ugly: So there are a lot of Italians that own places at the resort or stay at the neighboring resort. They like to go topless so beware...most not all that great to look at. DON'T go to Bayahibe. It's sketchy and if you are with a pretty lady like I was they will look her up and down like a piece of meat. Not comfortable.

Recommendations: Do horse back riding but go on the National park route. You can do some beach riding. Tip the servers and bartenders as they make next to nothing in salary. HOTEL RECOMMENDATION: You guys are giving up so much money by not having servers on the beach asking for orders. We had to walk up to the bar whenever we needed a drink which inevitably cut down on our drinks. I would have spent another couple hundred bucks while I was there if we had the option to order more easily.

4  Thank andys366

Dear Andy,
Thank you for mentioning all the great employees that help you and your wife during your most recent stay. I will recognize the employees for their efforts and service they provided you.
I do appreciate taking the time to give us your impressions of the hotel, and I do apologize for some of the issues that you mentioned. I must tell you that we have put in place some of the concerns that you encountered with us. We have now the set up of the massage at the beach. The menus in English arrived, and also the employees are taking mandatory English classes daily. We do not allow topless at our resort, and I have spoken to security and beach staff to reinforce it. In addition we have added another beach server to handle the service at the beach and the deck as well. As far as Bayahibe, there are great restaurants near the beach on one side, and plenty of nice bars by the beach to watch the fisherman come…….Next time in Cadaques I will make that American coffee for you! Thank you again!

Ronald M.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

If you are picky like me please read this review carefully. I decide to book this hotel after reading probably 20 reviews. I agree with all of them. Cadaques is the most CLEAN resort I ever stayed. A true paradise. Their staff made me feel like a princess. The rooms were impecable. The beach is crystal clear, family friendly but at the same time relaxing for people like me that are looking just to disconnect from the rest of the world. The pool was ALWAYS CLEAN. The drinks were inexpensive and very well done. The restaurant was super comfortable. The breakfast specially the coffee were out of these world. It was calm and quiet (I slept like a baby everyday) but at the same time joyful. I had the pleasure to meet a lot of people.I work with patients everyday and I am well trained in customer service and patient satisfaction, this people are the vivid example on how to treat a guest. Special thank you to Sifreddy: he was always anticipated my needs and made me feel like a princess, thank you Randy: my coffee cup was always full with fresh coffee, thank you Carlos: your management skills are amazing (he treated all his staff so nice that everybody was happy working around him), thank you Laura: you are so sweet, smart and kind. The biggest thank you to Maritza: I always had a clean room, fresh towels, fresh flowers and water (she is an example for me, always with a smile) and thank you Francisco (he arranged all my transportation, called me the day before my trip and the day of my trip to make sure I was ok, he went the extra mile even without knowing me). After the impression they left on me I will definetely come back this time with my mom :) and have another massage with Wanda (she has great hands). Have I mention how clean was the spa? I really really had a great time.

Room Tip: My room was on the 2nd floor AC working great, clean and quiet
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Alexandra G
Reviewed 18 February 2012

We traveled here in February (2012). It was definitely off-season. I can't see why, because Feb seems like a great time to leave New England, but at this resort, it was off-season. This meant, as other reviewers have pointed out, that many of the resort's amenities were closed. The mini mart was open approx 10-4, and not on Wednesdays. The medical clinic was closed, as was the game room, the art gallery, and the kid's water park. But, the spa was open, the wine bar, the restaurant/grill, the tiki bar, and the pools, and you could have these places practically to yourself. The staff to guest ratio was always at least 1:1, sometimes 3:1.

The resort is about 20-min ride from La Romana. We took the "Express" bus from Santo Domingo to La Romana, and when we arrived there, one of the city guides (in blue polo shirt) hadn't heard of it. We found out later that the place used to be all condos, and had just recently added hotel rooms. It was an adventure getting a taxi there, and once settled, we didn't want to leave. We ate all our meals at the restaurant on-site.

The views really are beautiful though, and made everything else worth it. The water was warm, and I spent all my time on the pier. We walked past some of the other resorts, and I have to say they all looked very crowded and busy, and had no pier; Cadaques was so peaceful and quiet. I'd love to see it in full swing during the high season, too.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Cadaques offers breathtaking views of bright blue water, the beach area is paradise! The infinity pool is huge, with plenty of lounge chairs to sit and soak in some sun and let the day pass you by. We ate at the Ocean View every day during our stay, the quality of food was excellent. Be sure to try the Civiche. Pricing of food is very reasonable, a good value.
The Staff was extremely friendly & accommodating to our every request. They took the extra step to make you feel right at home.
The accommodations are very modern and clean.
Be sure to take time to break away and do one of the many excursions that are available.
The Resort also has a Spa on site, all though I did not enjoy a service a few folks in our party raved about the massage they had.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 February 2012

My husband and I wanted to share a vacation after not having a true vacation in over 10years. This was the most beaitiful place I have ever seen. When when approched the property you felt like you were approaching paradise and a totally different world. The staff was so warm and welcoming, they never ceased to go beyond our greatest expectiation.

Every morning was filled with so much anticipation as to what beuty we would behold for that day also the excitement of the wonderful and enjoyable things to do each day on the resort grounds. My husband and I will never vacation anywhere else. We love this resort and it truly is a Queen's and King's palace, we loved it!

We are truly ovewhelmed at the outstanding service we received as well as the value for our money, it was worth every single dime.

Room Tip: Every single room is perfect
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Beautiful resort, great service, friendly staff...room was very clean and comfortable... food was divine, we had dinner at the resort every night.. Overall our stay was amazing... It was our first time in the Caribbean, our friends loved the pictures and we'll def be coming back with them.
Nos vemos pronto AMIGOS!!

1  Thank Robbie B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bayahibe
1.6 km away
5.8 km away
Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa
1.7 km away
Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus

Been to Hotel Weare Bayahibe? Share your experiences!