“Already booked for 2013 - Angie H” 5 of 5 bubbles

Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Bayahibe
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
HUDDERSFIELD
“Already booked for 2013 - Angie H”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

We had a fabulous holiday-really relaxing. The staff were really friendly and couldn't have been more helpful or pleasant. The hotel is well maintained , and our junior suite was lovely. Being close to the sea it was fun watching the "sun beb grabbers" out on the beach from 0630am bagging the beds close to the sea. It was still dark!Plenty of good food - pretty varied in the buffet and for a change you can book one of the speciality restuarants..I have already booked for 2013 - 48 weeks and counting!

5 Thank ALAN H
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Dear Mr. Alan,
I would like to thank you for having chosen Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus as the destination for your vacations, also for taking the time to post a review about your stay among us.
In the name of the Hotel Manager, Mr. Amando Pozo and his team, I would like to express how pleased we are to hear that you had enjoyed a wonderful holiday in our hotel premises and facilities. In Iberostar we are committed to ensure a memorable stay to our beloved guests.
We are looking forward to welcome you back soon, please do not hesitate to contact us in advanced to further assistance in your next visit.
With regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

My husband, our boys, (13 and 10), and I stayed at this resort for 5 nights. It was our first experience with an "all inclusive" style resort and we truly enjoyed our stay.

The staff is extremely friendly and welcoming from check in, to the bartenders, to the people who led the activities like salsa dancing, water aerobics, ping pong tournaments etc.

The rooms were clean and the complimentary mini-fridge was restocked daily.

We were very cautious about the food based on the reviews from the previous week, but we all remained healthy and full during our visit. The food ranged from absolutely delicious (special beachfront fidua lunch) to adequate (reservations at the Japanese restaurant). The choices were plentiful, and while not always gourmet, the food was good. We are picky foodies from NY and were pleased with the selections.
El Colonial was quite decadent, high end, and great quality. The Japanese was very mediocre....El Goleta, steakhouse, was good...buffet options were absolutely fine.

Some alcohol labels are available upon request like Stoli's, Dewar's, Tanqueray.

If you want to read and relax, this is the place to go. If you like to participate in activities, there are some things to try like daily dance lessons, water aerobics, beach volleyball, tennis, archery, bebe rifle shooting, bingo, boating. The water was beautiful. Bring cards or something to pass the time with the kids....helps in the late afternoon.

The two disappointments were the perceptions of snorkeling that was readily available (there was nothing to see unless you paid for a boat/snorkel tour) and organized activities for kids ages 10-14. They did not exist, but they were permitted to participate in everything that was set up for adults.

It is a two hour drive from the airport, but it is not a big deal.

Something that we would consider for future vacations.

We had adjoining rooms which was a nice touch after spending the whole day as a family unit. Just ask for them.

Room Tip: Unit 3 was quiet, close to the beach and pool.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Jen H
Dear Mrs. Jen,
Thank you very much for choosing Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus Hotel for your family vacations and for taking the time to post a review about your nice experience.
In the name of the Hotel Manager, Mr. Amando Pozo and his team, I would like to express how satisfied we are to acknowledge that you had a memorable holiday thanks to the friendliness and good service of our staff members, and the activities offered by our Star Friends, and the excellent gastronomy served in our nightly themed buffet restaurant, our 24 snack bar, our four specialty restaurants and our Room Service. In Iberostar those are aspects of our guiding and we are proud to read that you valued them positively.
We hope to welcome you back again, please contact us before your arrival.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

My husband and I needed a long weekend getaway to rest & relax, so despite our reservations about all-inclusive resorts, we booked our stay at Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus.
And we were pleasantly surprised how nice and easy our stay was!
We arrived in Santo Domingo airport and took a car service (pre-arranged via Dominican Airport Shuttle, not through the hotel).
The service level at the front desk was rather slow and, the receptionist failed to advise us upon arrival that the dinner reservations at "restaurants" in the complex needed to be made by 2PM. In addition we found out later that you were allowed to eat these restaurants only twice during your stay.
We ate at the buffet restaurant a few times and it was good overall.
The rest of the staff at the resort were helpful and courteous, and we noticed how hard working everyone was!
As for our room it was very clean and had a nice balcony to sit and hang out.
The best part of the resort was of course the beach, which was kept clean and neat.
The water was crystal clear and we snorkeled a couple of time around the man-made reef when the water was calm.
There were several snack/bar areas to hang out and get refreshments so it was very convenient.
The resort had a storage room to leave your bags and a shower room to freshen up, so that you could spend more time at the beach and the pool until your time to leave.
We had a great, relaxing weekend and would definitely recommend Iberostar Hacienda!

Room Tip: Rooms in complexes 5, 6 closer to the beach/pool are quieter
7 Thank Yu M
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Dear Mr. Yu,
Thank you very much for choosing Iberostar hacienda Dominicus Hotel for your weekend getaway and for taking the time to post a review about your stay.
On the behalf of the Hotel Manager, Mr. Amando Pozo and his team, I would like to express how satisfied we are to acknowledge that you had a relaxing and memorable weekend among us thanks to the friendliness and good service of our staff members. In Iberostar one of our guiding principles is to ensure an unforgettable holiday to our beloved guests. On the other hand, we apologize for the misunderstanding related to the lack of information about the restaurant reservation system and numbers. I have shared this situation with the Front desk team to prevent this kind of issue in the future.
We hope to welcome you back again, please contact us before your arrival.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

Hi Everyone

I just got back from a three day vacation at this resort. I have been to the Dominican many times and we really enjoyed ourself.

The food was awesome always good amount and fresh food coming out all the time. We couldn't believe the variety of food you don't normally see on all inclusive. The fruit was great. The buffets are a little tight when it is busy. We went to two of the a la cartes the Japanese and the Mexican. I have two comments on the Japanese so much food and a pile of salt. The Mexican I was surprised to say was my favorite between the two. I recommend the red snapper

Our room was extremely nice and well maintained.

The staff was amazing and always wanting to help

The beach is very nice but can be hard to walk on. The beach also drops off very fast As for the comments I have read about getting a beach chair yes to get the prime location you have to be early but there is other chairs which you will have no issue in getting. There was always fresh towels. I saw only one time where someone had to wait 5 minutes.

My only negative on the vacation had nothing to do with the vacation but the tour operator. When I saw the trip I went to the link and it mention that the hotel is 15 minutes from the airport. So I booked it. Well the trip went through Punta Cana and not La Romana airport so it was actually over 2 hours getting there. That is my fault but I would recommend going to La Romana if possible

7 Thank truckinggod
Dear guest truckinggod,
I would like to thank you for having chosen Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus Hotel as the destination for your vacations, also for taking the time to post a review about your stay among us. In the name of the Hotel Manager, Mr. Amando Pozo and his team, I would like to express how pleased we are to hear that you had enjoyed a wonderful holiday in our hotel premises and facilities thank to our varied gastronomy and the service provided by our employees. In Iberostar we are committed to serve a unique gastronomic experience and to be settled near the best beaches around the world. We are happy to know that we achieved our goal with you.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

First of all I don't understand where these bad reviews are coming from. If these people are writing bad reviews they honestly are just miserable people and have no life so need to complain. I came to this resort in January and it was one of the best weeks of my life!

Weather in January - Amazing! This is south Dominican so the weather was always hot, even at night I only wore a tshirt. Unlike Cuba which has tempermental weather, if you come here you have great odds of lots of sun and 30+ degrees in January.

Beach - GORGEOUS, I loved how calm the sea was and the caribbean sea was so warm and the water was beautiful crystal blue. The sand is beautiful also and stretches for miles.

Food - DELICIOUS! Some much variety every night even for a vegetarian like me. Best food I've ever had at a resort and this has been my 7th resort.

Disco - Best disco I've seen at a resort, this is a hidden gem. No one ever talks about the disco in reviews and me and my boyfriend wanted to party. We're in our early 20's and were scared it would be a quiet resort but we were dead wrong. At night all the young people go to the disco on the resort which is open until 2am and then we ventured to the beach to get more crazy aha. We met so many great friends, hands up to our Jersey friends and friends from Buenos Aires! Love you!

We will be back!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank DanielBlanken
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Dear Mr. Daniel,
I would like to thank you for having chosen Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus for your vacations and for taking the time to post a review about your stay among us.
In the name of Hotel Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus Manager, Mr. Amando Pozo and team, I would like to express how glad we are to hear that you enjoyed an excellent week in our hotel premises. In Iberostar we are committed to provide the best service, to be near the best beaches around the world and serve a unique gastronomy.
We are already willing to welcome you back again, please contact us to assist you for your next visit.
Victoria, BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

I have been here since Mar. 29 and my wife and I are eating everything. Neither of us has had any tummy problems and the food is great. The only negative I have is the gym. My home gym is better than the outdated equipment here. I am in building 2 and the internet works perfect in my room. Love the breach and area. Great grounds etc.

2 Thank ddtrom
Dear guest ddtrom,
I would like to thank you for having chosen Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus as the destination for your holidays, also for taking the time to post a review in Tripadvisor.
In the name of Hotel Manager, Mr. Amando Pozo, and his team, I would like to express how satisfied we are to read that you had experienced a wonderful holiday. In Iberostar we are committed to provide a unique gastronomy to please all type of palates. We are very happy to read you enjoyed the exquisite quality of food in our nightly themed buffet and two of the specialty restaurants. On the other hand, the refurbishment of our gym is planned coming this year.
We are already waiting for your next visit, please contact us to help you enjoy your next stay with us.
Yours Sincerely,
Collingwood, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

After readiing the NY reviews I wanted to give my feedback. We spent March Break at Iberstar and overall had a great experience. We chose this resort as several reviews in Trip Advisor suggested that you could snorkel right at the property. The snorkeling was very good on calm days at the man made reefs. We saw many colorful fish and they would come to you if you feed them. There were also long needle nose type fish that would circle you like a train. We also saw large schools (hundreds) of fish not sure what type along the bottom about half way to the lighthouse.

We enjoyed the food all week and had no problems. We ate at all 4 a la cartes with little problem reserving. Food was very good and prepared professionally all week.

We did not rush down to the beach and always found loungers that were under palapas or we could put under a tree in the shade.

We travelled by Air Canada and had a late arrival and check out. No problem to use the resort all day until we left ( 5 o'clock). Full use of all facilties - food and drink and a place to store luggage and shower.

We bought the Catalina VIP trip from our Air Canada rep it was overall good.
Snorkeling we saw an octopus and a skate along with the normal variety of colourful fish.

Catalina was nothing special. Just a pit stop to relax and have a drink. Lunch was on a river boat. Then we bused over to an antique village and caught up on a little history. Overall a pleasant day.

Some suggestions for management - to have access to a safe to put wallets, passport etc for those who have to travel late and are checked out of the room already.

Have some designated smoking areas so as to separate those who do not want to bothered by smoke as I see by other reviews many are offended by this.

I would continue to increase either palapas or trees at the beach as it appears that although we did not have problems finding shade, many others do.

Once again thank to all the staff who were so attentive and friendly throughout our week.

6 Thank thecrees
Dear Guest thecrees,
We would like to thank for writing a comment on Tripadvisor about your experience during your stay at Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus Hotel. In the name of Mr. Amando Pozo, Hotel Manager, we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your March break.
We are very pleased to hear that you appreciated the exquisite quality gastronomy offered in our four specialty restaurant and in our nightly themed buffet. Iberostar is well known by providing a delightful wide range of plates to please all kind of palates. We are also happy to read that your snorkeling experience was satisfying.
We are looking forward to welcome you back again, please contact us before arrival to help you to enjoy your next vacations with us,
Kindest regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bayahibe
4.0 km away
#12 of 25 in Bavaro
4.0 of 5 bubbles 12,486 reviews
56.7 km away
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana

Been to Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus? Share your experiences!