“Amazing time!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New York
“Amazing time!”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We stayed at the resort during the April spring break and of course, it was crowded with the same "towel game" I have seen at all other resorts, be it Mexico, DR, Jamaica during this very popular week. Other than that, we had an excellent stay and I will highlight a few details here:
1. Buildings 3, 4, and 7 are closest to the pool and beach, we were lucky to stay in 7, but on the side that faced the gardens, meaning, we were close to the beach and pool, yet it was very quiet. The room is nicely sized, not huge, but adequate, with a large bathroom and a shower. There is no bathtub, though. It was cleaned spotless every day before we came back from the beach around lunch time.
2. Food at the buffet was very good. Don't expect lobsters overload, however, there is an excellent variety. Breakfast is eggs cooked to order with various fillings, donuts, muffins, pastries, cheeses, fruits, smoothies, pacakes, waffles, yogurts, I mean, it's impossible not to find something to eat. Lunch had a few kinds of meat and fish, very good roasted chicken, homemade mashed potatoes, vegetables to create your own salad with tons of dressings, pastas made to order, pizzas, etc. Dinner had more choices-seafood paella, duck l'orange, international themes such as Chinese, Italian, etc, seafood platters, etc. The best testament to the quality and variety of the food are my two kids who usually would stick to pasta and pizza at all inclusives-here, they are like crazy, trying various things, I was shocked! The specialty restaurants we went to were the steakhouse, Colonial and Japanese. The steakhouse was OK, nothing to rave about, the Colonial was very elegant, great food and service, and the Japanese was fantastic-while the sushi appetizer was nothing to rave about, the hibachi portion of the dinner was fantastic and the chef was very friendly.
3. The beach is gorgeous, with calm, shallow water, almost no waves. There are varius activities at the beach such as archery, contests, water aerobics, but it's not like you will be bothered by the noise from it if you just like to relax. The pool is very large with its own swim-up bar, and there is a shallow portion for little kids and deeper portion for jumping.
4. We have not seen too much nightly entertainment because it seemed that the shows were somewhat repetitive from what we have seen in other Iberostar resorts, most of them involve several dance numbers which are not very interesting to the kids. But, Michael Jackson show was great.
5. The staff at the resort is very friendly, and make sure you have good time. Just smile, say, "hola" and you should be fine. I was very impressed by the cleanliness of the facilities, we have stayed once at a resort in Punta Cana where the flies were all over the buffet food-not the case here, I have not seen a single fly, which means they are taking care of the facilities and making sure the guests are comfortable.
I definitely will bring my family back to this resort.

4 Thank babysladkaya
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Dear guest babysladkaya,
Thank you for having chosen Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus as the destination for your vacations, also for taking the time to post a review about your stay among us. In the name of the Hotel Manager, Mr. Amando Pozo, and his team, I would like to express how thankful we are to read that you were very pleased with your experience in our hotel premises.
We are very happy to read you enjoyed the exquisite quality of food served in our nightly themed buffet and four specialty restaurants. The Colonial Restaurant is the most favorite of our guests, thanks for highlighting its excellent gastronomy and excellent service. The kindness of our staff is one of our principles in Iberostar and one of our strengths. We work hard to remain so.
We are already waiting for your next visit, please contact us to help you enjoy your next stay with us.
Yours Sincerely,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed 12 April 2012

The trip was fantastic. Great food. Not too crowded. The drinks were perfect. Scuba diving crew were very professional and felt totally safe.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank phlash1
Dear Guest phlash1,
In the name of Mr. Amando Pozo, Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus Hotel Manager, we thank you for your positive comments about your experience at our hotel premises and facilities. Thank you again for choosing our hotel for your holidays. We are pleased to read that you had a wonderful stay. That is our goal in Iberostar.
We are looking forward to welcome you back, please contact us before your next visit,
Evanston
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I just spent nine days here with my wife and teenage son and daughter. It was a wonderful vacation. This was the first time we went to an all-inclusive resort and the freedom it gave us, especially my kids, to just eat when they wanted to (and what they wanted to) was really liberating for all of us. The specialty restaurants are good, not great (I thought the Mexican restaurant was the best-- highly recommend the tacos al pastor) but the buffet offers plentiful, fresh and healthy food choices. They even had gluten free bread for my wife. I personally didn't experience the "towel wars" mentioned in other reviews, though my wife witnessed a towel- and shoe-throwing, sand-kicking screaming match while my son and I were diving. It seemed to me we could always find unreserved chairs on the beach or by the pool when we wanted them. There are enough activities to keep fidgety kids busy while you get plenty of pool or beach time. I also highly recommend the dive shop.

Room Tip: Stay away from Building 1-- too close to the theater, which can be loud in the evenings. We had gro...
2 Thank Matt052
Dear Guest Matt052,
In the name of Mr. Amando Pozo, Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus Hotel Manager, and his team, we would like to thank you for your comments about your experience at our hotel and for choosing us for your family vacation.
We would like to express how satisfied we are to acknowledge that you had experienced especially thanks to the beauty of our hotel beach, the variety of our gastronomy and the amount of activities proposed by our Star Friends. Those are very important aspects for us in Iberostar and the key of our success.
We kindly invite you to contact us before your next visit,
Brooklyn
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I have visited this Hotel/Restaurant/Resort for the second time. The fact that I keep coming back to this place tells for itself about quality of my vacation there. The pleasant and the important aspect of the situation that returning vacationer faces coming to Iberostar Hacienda in Dominican Republic is the constant improving of the conditions of rooms, food, animations and even the service of reception. To be concrete I would like to mention some names of the people who made me feel there as a member of family - big and thoughtful family of Iberostar Hacienda. It is Sr. Domingo Rijo Medina - Front Desk Manager and his colleagues: Henry, Jose, Rodolfo and others. These people stay on the front position of the Hotel “defending” the honor and the status of the company. The coming people first face their care, attention and thoughtfulness. The initial impression that based on there attitude is very important for the whole vacation. That is why after my first meeting with receptionists I immediately felt that I am a special guest there, the attention and care was solely given to me, everything I asked was carefully listened to and properly addressed in very timely manner. And because I am not different from any other vacationers there, it means that each and every one coming to this Hotel feels the same. Isn’t that an art of hospitality? After reception with a help of a boy you get to your room – the cleanness, freshness and comfort of which makes you feel even better that in your own home(I was assigned to room# 5216 in 2011 and #5210 in 2012). The cleaning lady Celeste both times like an invisible shadow succeeded to make the room during my absence. Even when by mistake I placed the wrong sign on the door “Do not disturb”, she already knowing the pattern of my stay during the day, questioned that and cleaned the room after getting my permission on that and my apologies for this mistake. The special thanks I would like to address to the waiters and waitresses. They all probably outstanding in their desire to make the table quickly, clean and convenient. I would like to mention a couple of them who was most often dished up me and my companion, who very fast remembered ours habits, conditions of the health and tastes, always with a smile, always with care, always with a shine of love. Their names are Deivi and Kenny.
As a conclusion I would like to express my sincere thanks to all the people who made Iberostar Hacienda the way it is now.
My name is David M. I live in Brooklyn, NY 11230. E-mail: flog.dead.horse@gmail.com.

Room Tip: It depends solely on the taste of the guest: some people like it close to the beach considering the...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank David_from_Midwood
Dear Mr. David,
I would like to thank you for your loyalty towards Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus Hotel and for the time you took to post a review about your stay among us. In the name of Ms Amando Pozo and his team, I would like to express how honored we are to read your lovely comments about our hotel staff members.
We are very satisfied to read that you highlighted out the personal service and friendliness of our staff as well our outstanding cuisine and varied gastronomy, and the cleanness of our beautiful hotel premises and facilities. Those are very important aspects for us and the key to the success of Iberostar Hotels and Resorts. I shared your comments with all those people whom you named in your review (Domingo, Henry, Jose, Rodolfo, Celeste, Deivi, Kenny, among others); I assure you that they are as proud as pleased to have ensured you a memorable stay.
We will be honored to welcome you back again, please write us an email as soon as you get your reservation confirmed.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We travelled with a group of 8 ranging between 18 and 49 years old. We stayed for 7 glorious nights. I'll first review the "bad" points.
1. As others have said, the towels wars are a problem. Even though you receive a package with a letter admonishing the reserving of beach chairs and signs in every palapa, this practise still goes on. I don't know why some people think they are "better" than others???? My solution to this problem would be for the resort to have someone go through at 6:00 am and pick up all the towels and decoy magazines that have been put on the chairs. There are plenty of chairs. I don't understand the need to reserve a spot and then not even come down to the beach. Just plain selfish!!!!
2. The process for booking the alacartes could be tweeked to make it much more efficient.
3. Although not the hotel, the guests at this resort seemed to be very unfriendly. As Canadians, we are a friendly bunch. I don't understand people that can't even say "good morning" or "hola".
4. We tried to use the kayaks, but the first time it was too windy. The second time, all the kayaks had been taken out on a day excursion. Very disappointing. Heads up. If you want to use the wind surfers, they will ask if you have done it before. Say "yes". If you don't, they won't let you unless you take a $40 lesson!
That's it for the "bad".
The GOOD":

1. The resort is gorgeous!! Trees of all kinds with flowers of all colors!! The grounds are emmaculate and well laid out. There are many bird ponds with peacocks and swans and various other species of birds. Clean! I can't tell you how clean!!
2. We had four rooms. The rooms with double beds had a large shower. The rooms with a kingsize bed had a large bathtub with showerhead. There was never a problem getting hot water. Although the rooms were not as modern as some, they were absolutely spotless!! The beds were comfortable and the rooms quiet. (except for mr. peacock who loved to squawk early in the morning!) lol.... Just a note: the plug-ins have the correct ac, but they have an indented circle within a square, meaning that anything other than a regular two-prong plug, does not fit. i.e. camera chargers. There was a recepticle under the desk that does accomodate chargers. Each room had an entrance onto a central courtyard and from the patio, you overlooked the grounds. Just breathtaking!
3. The food was the best I have ever had in ANY restaurant!!!! The buffet changed its menu every night and there are plenty of dishes to choose from. We went to the gourmet which was delicious, the Japanese which was also very good. Friends went to steakhouse which they said was very good to. The beach restaurant was very good to. Do try the stirfry they cook on the beach. MMMMMM.... There is also a 24 hour restaurant next to the Japanese.
4. I can't say enough about how friendly and willing to please the staff was. What awesome people. They always said "hola" with a sincere smile. These people work hard. The entertainment staff did an amazing job! Keep in mind that they are pleasing people from 9 in the morning till after midnight!!! Big thumbs up to all the staff!!!!
5. The beach is awesome. White sand, turquoise water.. it just doesn't get any better!
6. The drinks are not at all watered down. Banana mamma....mmmmmmm.....
7. The pool is massive and clean.
8. There were no bugs to be seen. We saw them spraying the grounds and our room got sprayed once during our stay.
Wishing we were still there........

Room Tip: This resort is well laid out with 7 buildings, each a different color, helpful for those of us that...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank carl091610
Dear Guest carl091610,
In the name of Hotel Manager, Mr. Amando Pozo, I want to thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay at the Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus Hotel. We also thank you for choosing Iberostar again as your destination for your family vacations.
We would like to express you how satisfied we are to read that your family group had a wonderful holiday at our hotel premises and facilities. We are very satisfied to know that you enjoyed our varied and exquisite gastronomy; the friendliness of our staff members and the cleanness and maintenance we give to our grounds. In Iberostar those are parts of our guiding principles and we work hard to be well known for them.
We will be happy to welcome you back again, feel free to contact us to help you in your next visit.
Yours Sincerely,
Poughkeepsie, New York
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Pros: clean, nice staff, reasonable price, wide range of food options, secluded, no vendors on beach, the Spa.

cons: NO FREE INTERNET, check-in was disorganized and annoying (they required physical printer vouchers), rooms smell moldy, beds uncomfortable, vendors selling things in resort hallways, smoking allowed in club and other public areas, $1.00 charge to weight your bags, dinner reservation very odd, it was hard to get reservation and the restaurant was half empty. cleaning staff is very loud in the hallways in the morning.

Dear Guest Leli584,
We would like to thank for writing a comment on Tripadvisor about your experience at Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus Hotel. In the name of Mr. Amando Pozo, Hotel Manager, we thank you for choosing our hotel for your vacations.
We are satisfied to hear that you appreciated the exquisite quality gastronomy offered in our four specialty restaurant and in our nightly themed buffet. Iberostar is well known by providing a delightful wide range of plates to please all kind of palates.
On the other hand, I would like to point out that we always listen to the voice of our beloved guests. I have shared your suggestion with our Management team of all areas in order to prevent future incidences which might discommode the relaxation and enjoyment of our guests.
We are looking forward to welcome you back again, please contact us before arrival to help you to enjoy your next vacations with us,
Kindest regards,
HUDDERSFIELD
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We had a fabulous holiday-really relaxing. The staff were really friendly and couldn't have been more helpful or pleasant. The hotel is well maintained , and our junior suite was lovely. Being close to the sea it was fun watching the "sun beb grabbers" out on the beach from 0630am bagging the beds close to the sea. It was still dark!Plenty of good food - pretty varied in the buffet and for a change you can book one of the speciality restuarants..I have already booked for 2013 - 48 weeks and counting!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank ALAN H
IberostarHotelsRD, Quality Manager Iberostar República Dominicana at Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Dear Mr. Alan,
I would like to thank you for having chosen Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus as the destination for your vacations, also for taking the time to post a review about your stay among us.
In the name of the Hotel Manager, Mr. Amando Pozo and his team, I would like to express how pleased we are to hear that you had enjoyed a wonderful holiday in our hotel premises and facilities. In Iberostar we are committed to ensure a memorable stay to our beloved guests.
We are looking forward to welcome you back soon, please do not hesitate to contact us in advanced to further assistance in your next visit.
With regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bayahibe
15.8 km away
56.6 km away
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana
57.1 km away
Melia Caribe Tropical

Been to Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus? Share your experiences!