“Best Dive Operator in Dominican Republic”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Scubafun

Scubafun
Corpus Christi, Texas
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“Best Dive Operator in Dominican Republic”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

John, who owns Scubafun, showed my good friend and I a fabulous time last week. Everybody that works for John is top notch. They try to match up a trip you want to take with other divers wanting to do the same thing. Their excursions to two beautiful islands were awesome- a must when you visit Bahahibe. They change out your gear each dive; offer you fruit and drinks after the dive and just make sure you are comfortable. I usually bring my own dive gear but didn`t this time when I heard that John`s equipment was top notch. Not only was it top notch, he even lent me his own personal fins since I prefer open heel fins. When we wanted to do some other excursions, John made a call to some other people that he is close friends with and made it happen; all at a greatly reduced rate. It is also great to have somebody from the United States running the company; somebody who speaks great English. He has been down there about 7 years and knows everybody in the area. I wouldn`t even consider using anybody else when you dive in that area. That is the best area to dive when you dive the Dominican Republic because it is in the Caribbean. The Atlantic is too rough to dive. John also takes out snorkelers. He even let my friend off of the boat during a deeper dive with one of his employees to show him a real unique island. My friend that walked around that particular island had as much as I did diving.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Jeff W

San Diego, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“AWESOME!!!!  ”
Reviewed 7 February 2012

John & his crew were terrific in every way.  Equipment looked basically new & in excellent working order. Crew including Divemasters really knowledgeable & helpful.  Great dive spots - (Shark Point, Catalina, the Wall)  didn’t see a shark at SP but did at the snorkel spot afterwards!  Also saw stingrays, huge crabs, spiny lobster, conch, moray, lionfish, blowfish & enormous starfish at Picina Natural. The lunch was delicious - food just never tastes so good as after a nice long dive.  Plenty of time to relax on the beach, snorkel or catnap at the lunch spot on the beach - never felt rushed like you can at some dive shops. John's outfit is really squared away. We'll be back.  Semper fi!

1 Thank ERDoc1025
Anchorage, Alaska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Wicked Awesome!”
Reviewed 18 January 2012

We had an amazing time! The staff was incredibly helpful and fun to hang out with. We were there when Neil and John (the owners) were both present and they made the trip a fantastic experience. They helped us navigate the local bus system, told us where the good places to eat are and cut us a great deal on dives. I did my open water and advanced dives with and my boyfriend got his advanced diver. Each day diving was a wonderful experience, we dove on two wrecks, did two deep dives, some night dives, some fish identification dives, a day trip to the local island, navigation dives and some fun dives. The sea life is incredible, the Scubafun boats are in fantastic condition, all of the fear was nice, clean and well cared for. We didn't have any troubles or bad experiences. This is a wonderful dive center to work with! The selection of dives and packages offers everything from the mast basic diver to the more serious advanced diver, the only reason we left is because we ran out of money! Scubafun offers you the best experience for the best price (the guys down the street are more spendy and have fewer hours). We can't wait to go back!

Visited January 2012
2 Thank Shasterblaster
Sandy, Utah
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Most fun I have had in a long time....and with professional honest staff.”
Reviewed 12 December 2011

We had four amazing dives with Scuba fun and it was well worth the trip. Staff was courteous, knowledgeable and gave us great advice on what to see. Plus were very accommodating. We were relatively new divers and they gave us an amazing experience. Plus, I left some of my equipment by mistake, and they did a search, found it and returned it to me!!!! How is that for amazing! Highly recommend these folks....

Visited October 2011
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great diving and scubafun Rocks”
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I did a total of 6 day dives and 1 night dive, the diving was great, cool stuff to see, best part was the excursion to saona, visibility rocks in there, the reefs are beautiful, the snorkeling with rays and the blue water of saona.

my wife and i had a great time, scubafun took care of our equipment rinsing it everytime after diving and also they stored for us for the next diving day...

the divemasters are very profesional, the both crew is pretty fun...

you will not go wrong with them, they are not the cattle boat and you will be able to dive where ever you want, john will make it happen...

Visited November 2011