We are family of three with junior school kid. We stayed from Feb 15 to 22 at this resort. This is our second vacation in Mexico. Last year we stayed at another hotel further south near Akumal and liked it so much compare to other places we spend our vacations before (Jamaica, Dominican Rep, Cuba) that we decided to go to Mexico this year again. Our flight and transfer to the hotel was fine and easy. We were only one family arriving to the hotel at that moment so our check in was fast, room was ready, bell boy transferred us and our luggage to our block #37.
Resort is big but not huge compare to other places we stayed before. I could walk from reception to beach in about 5-7 minutes in quick pace. Technically shuttle service is available but we never saw it when we needed it.
Entertainment is pretty good. Night shows are of very good quality. Plenty of decorations and costumes. Dancers show so much enthusiasm and energy during the performance. Kids mini disco has something new every day.
One nice thing that puts this resort apart from others we’ve been before is the pool. It’s huge, it goes about one third of resort length. It has nice water fall, fountain, air bubbles, water ball pool, islands with palm trees. Plenty of things to spend time on with a kid.
Buffet food was fine in general though lettuce leaves smelled badly of chlorine. We tried two specialty restaurants: Mexican cousin, which was nice and Brazilian which we were very disappointed with, just four varieties of meat including some sausage and barely done bloody beef.
The main attractions for us at any resort when we go south are sea and the beach. At this place beach is pretty good. Nice, clean sand, plenty of shades and benches. One thing though you have to wake up early to get one. Sea was stormy all 7 days, so this place is not perfect for small kids. There are some rocks in the water near the shore. What surprised us most is that water was so much polluted with some plastic bags, straws etc. You can see a few items floating around you at any time. We’ve never seen such dirty waters at any Caribbean resort. On top of that some kind of sea weeds always floating in the water.
On departure day our pick up time was 5PM but hotel checkout time was at noon. We asked for late check out and were ready to pay for it, but receptionist refused it saying they are fully booked. Hotel provided storage room and shower for us after our check out time.
Nolitour/air transat representative in the lobby was rude and not helpful in providing information about out departure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the beach of "Playa Paraiso." Imaginatively designed lake – pool. Convention centre. The holiday complex is perfectly integrated into the tropical landscape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with VISIT US, INC. , Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Booking.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Beach Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Beach
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar
- Iberostar Paraiso Beach Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya