“Great hotel and staff”

Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Psalidi
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Great hotel and staff”
Reviewed 1 November 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in October 2011 and really couldn't fault it.
We stayed on an all inclusive basis for ten nights.The food was very good and there was plenty of choice and more than enough for a different meal every night. The Chinese and Italian restaurants were excellent and as long as you booked there were no problems.
By far and away the best part of this hotel were the staff.They were really friendly and couldn't do enough.From the receptionists to the bar staff and even though we were travelling without kids the Animation team were great.
Our room was clean,neat and had a great sea view across to Kos town and Turkey.
The pools even though salt water,were also clean but would recommend going down to the beach and use the beach bar,cold glasses from the freezer for drinks and great Gyros for a snack. Yes,the beach is pebbly but the beach pods are free and you can take a trip to Paradise Beach if you want the sand.
We would reccomend this hotel to anyone who wanted an all round good quality hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view,its well worth it for the sunset.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank chris p

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
manchester, uk
Reviewed 29 October 2011

I have just returned from a weeks holiday, at this hotel, with my brother and his two children. It wasn't a long transfer from the airport. . .which was good! When we arrived the staff were very friendly. I was a little shocked to be charged 22 Euros for a safe!!!
The children were very happy running around the safe enviroment, playing all day and eating the never ending ice-cream!
A really nice, friendly hotel with lovely food. . .but not 5 star, maybe 3 plus. There was room service with a charge of 3 euros per order. . .why?
The artist on site was brilliant, Daniella. She painted wicked tatoos on my leg and the childrens arms.
The one downfall was the neighbours three dogs and two cats which were allowed to roam freely around the resort, and NOT being a lover of animals, made me feel really uncomfortable and would prevent me from returning again!
The Italian restaraunt wasn't anything to write about. The chinese restarauntwas better but my meal was brought first and 10 minutes later came my brothers!
Claudia, one of the waitresses was wonderful!
Town was about 3.5 Km, a great walk! 1.60 euros on the bus outside the hotel!
Visit Therma, bus outside the hotel, but take your own refreshments because the snack bar there is very expensive!
Overall for a cheap holiday with sunshine and lovely staff. . . go but it's not 5star accomodation!

Room Tip: We had a superior family room. . . this meant it was two bed roomed only! Block 6 is the newest buil...
10 Thank Manchester_UkTruth
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2011

my partner and I have been to this hotel twice. Our first experience was so fantastic that we decided to return with our 10 month old daughter as our 1st family holiday and although we have faced some challenges along the way we are so glad that we did. we arrived at the Ramira 12/10/11 and due to abnormal rain fall we was moved to the hotel next door. Naturally we were a little disappointed but the girls behind reception were so helpful and insisted on compensating us and even though we wouldn't except anything they still gave us the safe key at no extra charge. once settled in our room we spent the best part of the week enjoying the private beach where you can enjoy a beer in a frozen glass!! there is also two pools to choose from. the food is second to none regardless of if you want to eat buffet style, chinese or italian. one night we were in the italian and our little girl wouldn't settle. we got up to leave and when we explained on our way out the waiter said give me your room number and I will bring it to you. the staff are just so attentive. we were due to travel back on the afternoon of 19/10/11 so we just missed the air strike our problem was that the taxis were still on strike and we hadn't booked a transfer. we explained our problem to the reservations manager who may I add is Australian so we had no language barrier. he assured us that they would get us a lift and not to worry. after a short while the owner of the hotel came over and said he would take us no problem.when we got to the airport he wouldn't take any money and even carried our bags to check in. what lovely peope! I'm a firm believer that it's not what the problem is but how you deal with it and at Ramira beach nothing is a problem. We will be returning again next year and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: if you are a family looking for a ground floor room with a seperate room for the kids to sleep in re...
6 Thank Tina G
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2011

I visited this hotel in July 2011 and was so impressed I went back in October 2011 with my Mum, Dad and sister. We were given family rooms even though we booked standard rooms which was a nice surprised when we arrived. The staff were lovely and really helpful and the food in the restaurant was excellent. In addition to the buffet restaurant which cooked the meat in front of you at mealtimes, you could also book into a separate italian restaurant and chinese restaurant. We went to both and again the food and waiters were brilliant.

There are two pools at the hotel which were lovely and clean and not too busy as you could also go across to the hotel's private beach where there were even more sunbeds so finding somewhere to lie in the sun was never a problem. The food at the beach bar was lovely and we enjoyed the all inclusive drinks and mini pizzas down at the beach. There was a bar at both at the pools which served free drinks and snacks. There was also loads of free activities including mini golf, archery, bowls, volleyball and darts. There was entertainment in the evenings which was good but the hotel is so big that you don't have to watch it if you don't want to, you can just chill out in one of the other bars.

The island itself is beautiful. We hired a car and drove to tigaki beach and up to the mountain town of Zia which has views that are well worth seeing. It rained a couple of days while I was there the second time (very unusual for Kos, but still the weather was much better than in England!!), but it was so lovely to chill in the hotel we didn't mind. I would definitely go again!!

7 Thank CatherineCulshaw
Liverpool
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I have just returned from the Ramira Beach were i holidayed with my wife and 2 friends, were we had celebrated our 45th anniversary.
Firstly before i begin my review let me say how wonderful and helpful the reception staff were as we should have returned home on the day of the Greek National strike and i spent a hectic 6hrs tryiing to find an altenative flight home until Ryan Air text to say they were putting on extra flights the day after.
The reception staff had let me have unlimted use of the phone looking for numbers for me to ring and then printing off our new boarding cards, also arranging for us to keep our rooms on an extra day.
I believe this is the original first hotel of the Mitsis group and is run by the Owners son who is very approachable.
We had a family room though there was only my wife and me, the room and the hotel is very clean, the maids are in everyday,
The staff are delightful all full of fun, both in the bars and restaurants, we found the food very good and there was always something to choose, my wife enjoys fish and she was not dissapointed.
The theme restaurants were excellent Chinese & Italian, the salads in the Italian were amazing, i know people say the food is repeditive but i say if you have coffee or ceral for breakfast everyday at home isn't that repeditive, you can always find something different to eat there is a varied choice.
The waiters are excellent and so effiecient your table is never left cluttered,one of the waiters Michael was such a character, at breakfast you could have an egg done anyway you like by a charming lady.
I have never seen such happy staff at an hotel, the main bar in the lounge was run by Adonis and has been at the hotel for 34 years since it opened, he does some amazing card tricks.
The staff in the other bars pool/beach are just as friendly, there is an animation team who are never in your face if you don't want to take part that's fine.
The only downside i thought is that there is not a proper beach and it is very close just across the road from the rear of the hotel the area before the sea is pebble and scrub land what beach there is, is more gritty than sand.
The sunbeds have rotating covers which i found quite novel they turned 180deg so you could either sit in or out of the sun.
The hotel is more suited to young families with children up to about 5/6 and more adult couples there is not much for older children to do other than swim no slides etc.
You can walk into Kos from the hotel or get the bus it's about 1/2hr walk (3.5kilm)
All in all for a quiet holiday the Ramira beach ticks all the boxes, hope this revie is of some help to you.the rooms are air conditioned

Room Tip: Not sure anything i could add the hotel is quite quiet anyway, the animation team finish at 11pm
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
8 Thank Para888
Retford (nottinghamshire)
Reviewed 8 October 2011

We traveled to Kos (psalidi) after my parents very kindly gifted me my holiday as a wedding present. Where do I begin? ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!!!!! I have never been to a resort that I have enjoyed so much, we were received in reception by a wonderfully friendly lady who acknowledged us by name and informed me that as we are on honeymoon they have given us a "beautiful" room, they certainly obliged us, unbroken sea view and spectacular sunsets.
The hotel boasts 5 star, if I was being totally objective I would award 4 star of British standards, however please do not allow this to put you off, the staff make it six star.
I have never been to a hotel where the staff are so genuinely warm and accommodating, every day brought another pleasant surprise of Greek hospitality.
Food was fantastic, my wife could be described as fussy, she loved it!, the restaurant staff are so attentive and proud to offer fantastic service, your glass is never dry!!!!!!, I have read that people complain about the beach, yes it is not a sandy beach, but the water is beautiful encapsulating the Turkish hills a mere 2 miles away, waiter service and surrounding inform you you are enjoying something special, please take my word for it, my parents paid £1200 for a week for both of us, though if they paid double that I would still have been satisfied, try Greece, try Kos, Try Psalidi, Try the mitsis Ramira Beach, you will not be disappointed. any info needed get in touch i will happily inform you.......YAMAS

Room Tip: We were in 342 lovely sea view and sunset!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank garygilbertmcdonald
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Me and the hub arrived for a 4 night break for our 10 year anniversay and were very impressed by both the level of service and friendly staff and also the cleanliness and impressiveness of the hotel as a whole.
Having arrived over 4 hours later than expected due to the flight, we felt our first day had been wasted. We opted for public transfers and that took about 50 mins to arrive at our hotel. Some of the hotels looked dodgy on the way and most are no where near a beach. Pulling up to our hotel on the sea front looking so prestine completely met my expectation (though I was a little sceptical it would be so nice after the previous drop offs)
When we arrived, We were greeted by the friendly receptionists and shown with our luggage taken to the room. We were tired and a little fed up at this point. Walking down to the room through the grounds was very impressive and our room was much larger than really necessary and also benefit of a fully stocked fridge included. when we open up the doors to the balcony, we had the most amazing sea view, a definate cheer up. After having looked round the hotel subsequently, I would say that our room closest to the sea anyway, was probably in the best location.
Outside our room was the small pool and bar. We were both suprised by how quiet a location this was. The barmaid, Gloria, remembered our drinks also which was great.
This was our first all inclusive holiday and although we were given our wristbands, no one told us how to use these facilitys. Basically, the drinks tended to be table service, though you could go to the bar if you chose to and the food self service. Would have liked to know the protocol on check in really but not really a problem. The quality of the food and drinks were excellent.
The bar on the beach was a great bonus. Most local hotels don't have any beach and elsewhere if you go for a wander, you would typically spend 5euro's to sit on a private beach that may not have any facilitys. They also freeze the glass at the beach bar for a nice cold beer which is a great touch. The burger in pita was delicious. The beach is a rocky pebbly (I hate sand so not a problem for me) but you'll not really find a sandy beach in Kos.
On the whole, I would say this is an excellent place to holiday. People did comment, as staying for 4 day does'nt seem to be the norm. But short as our stay was, we still thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Only negative that they really should sort out is the shower next to the beach cafe. Depending on the direction of the wind, you may get sprayed. All this needs is a shield or curtain. Gets quite annoying...
The entertainment was very funny though i'm not sure thats what it was always aiming to be. I honestly don't know how to describe it but I would say that Lord of The Dance is nothing like the origional. No tap shoes and little co-ordination, the animation team look like they love their work though and are very friendly.
Great hotel, holiday, weather and atmosphere. Hardly any kids there but they were certainly welcomed and all staff would make a fuss of them. Our trip was prodominantly older couples but think this may be due to the time of year (end of september) We had a great time and would definatley go back. Great Hol!

Room Tip: We stayed in a block next to the small pool which was very quiet. All the entertainment takes place...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank mrsjook3d
Also consider these accommodations in or near Psalidi
15.7 km away
#19 of 39 in Kardamena
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,193 reviews
0.3 km away
Kipriotis Village Resort

Been to Mitsis Ramira Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!