1,043 results
All reviews ashford castle wilde's restaurant lough corrib quay bar duplex suite quay suite gas fire lake view suite courtyard room horse riding underfloor heating cong village quiet man lounge area wedding guests afternoon tea bar food
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were so impressed with every aspect of the Lodge. The grounds are amazingly beautiful and the service was definitely first class. The room was the best we have encountered in Europe in our price range; comfortable, spacious and modern. We only booked for two nights but we were wishing we had not payed in advance for our hotel in Dublin because we would have loved to have stayed here for our entire vacation. We are already making plans for a return stay.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lori S
PeterF5088, Manager at The Lodge at Ashford Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Lodge at Ashford Castle. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and that you found the service to be first class. Your kind words and recommendation is greatly appreciated and I do hope you will return to us again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I recently visited the Lodge for a night as a treat and I have to say it really is a fabulous place to stay. From the excellent staff to the beautiful surroundings and the lovely food.....I really cannot praise it enough. Would highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a relaxing escape!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank whitey2487
PeterF5088, Manager at The Lodge at Ashford Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Lodge at Ashford Castle. I am delighted you had a wonderful stay and that you found the staff to be friendly. I appreciate your recommendation and I hope you will return to us again in the near future.

Reviewed September 29, 2018

We really enjoyed our stay in The Lodge. The varied decor is most interesting and all the staff were very welcoming and friendly. Our bedroom in the courtyard was spacious very comfortable, large bathroom and lovely and warm. The interior design in the bedroom was very relaxing. Nice happy atmosphere in the smallish bar area. Breakfast was excellent with plenty of choices. We hope to return again.

Room Tip: Courtyard bedrooms are literally adjoining Main House/Lodge
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cavauxlevoyage
PeterF5088, Manager at The Lodge at Ashford Castle, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2018

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at the lodge at Ashford Castle. I am pleased to hear you had a lovely stay and that the staff were friendly and welcoming. I am delighted you had a relaxing stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Lodge at Ashford Castle in the near future.

Peter Fergus

Reviewed September 27, 2018

The Lodge at Ashford Castle is owned and operated by the Red Carnation Group and is highly recommended throughout Europe.

The design, colors, and the style of the lodge is spectacular. The pub and tea room appears small, but there is very comfortable seating in the airy and colorful Florida room (my term).

The suites are large.

The restaurant at breakfast and dinner is fantastic. The menu, the choices, food quality, and service is outstanding. The wine selection is excellent. The restaurant is expensive, but the experience is magnificent.

An event room and private Harbor Bar is available for parties or meetings.

The Ashford Castle is a 15 miinute walk on a private car path

Room Tip: Check on stairs in suites if you have any physical handicaps.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank joconnor691

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Lodge at Ashford Castle. I am delighted you had an enjoyable stay and that you found the seating in the Quay Bar area comfortable.

I am also pleased to hear that you found the dinner and breakfast fantastic and that you had a magnificent experience in the restaurant.

I hope you will return to us again in the near future.

Peter Fergus

Reviewed September 27, 2018

We spent two night at The Lodge last week as a part of our ten day Ireland adventure. Our room was perfect in every way, but the highlights were dinner at Wilde's (attention to detail by front of the house and back of the house staff was remarkable) and the live entertainment Thursday PM with Carmel Dempsey around the piano. We'll be back, and we will make certain it is over a Thursday evening so we can enjoy both again! Bravo, and Slainte to all!

Room Tip: Choose a suite, for sure. We were on the 2nd floor and our room was quiet, and the morning sunshine was splendid.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ThreeBirdsTavern
PeterF5088, Manager at The Lodge at Ashford Castle, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2018

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Lodge at Ashford Castle. I am delighted you had an enjoyable stay and that your room was perfect in every way. I agree that Carmel is a wonderful musician and I am pleased you enjoyed the music provided.

I do hope you will return to us again the near future for an equally enjoyable stay.