All reviews beautiful beach yogurt walk or bike nearby beach young man white linen hotel feels both nights an excellent restaurant bread nice location beautiful hotel bikes suite terrace barcelona countryside
Reviewed September 2, 2017

I'm writing this review because I found some criticism on ther other recent reviews. The hotel is very quiet and located in a wonderful surrounding. There was some noise in the evening from some mad drivers on the highway which is about 1 mile away, but the rest of the night and day was very quiet. Renting bicicles is the best way to move around and quickly reach the many secluded coves on the coast. Everything was perfect, from room to service and food, and made the stay wonderful. There was absolutely nothing wrong and my only regret was to leave it after only one night. The offer is exceptionnal for the price.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
BEANDILANA, Gerente at La Malcontenta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2018

Dear Pvull,
Thank you very much for your score and review. We are very happy that you have enjoyed your stay at La Malcontenta Hotel. We hope to see you again very soon. Best regards, Hotel Manager.

Reviewed April 15, 2017 via mobile

I'm Malcontenta now that I am back home in Chicago. First time I actually considered changing my flight to stay one more day. It was the perfect second part of our trip. After spending 5 nights in Barcelona as a city tourist - the 3 nights we stayed at the Malcontenta was a welcome reprieve from the sights and sounds of Barcelona. All you hear in and around this lovely farmhouse are roosters and singing birds.

Pictures do not do this hotel justice. Our room was gorgeous. A Gran Suite on the first floor - roomy and comfortable. Loved the decor - very farmhouse shabby chic. The oversized bed was super comfy. Since we were traveling w our 11 year old son - they brought in a rollaway bed and made a cozy spot in the Living area. I don't think they encourage children as this is more of an adults geared romantic place - they did not make us feel like our son was U welcomed one bit. We are lucky as our son is very well traveled and behaved that I don't worry about bringing him to such a place. Our terrace was large and comfortable. Great spot to have a glass of cava and relax.

Breakfast was both beautiful and delicious. We had several meals at both the hotel and other restaurants part of the hotel group and always had a fantastic meal. Food and drink at the Malcontenta was delicious. The Michelin rated restaurant is amazing. The courses were pretty, playful and perfect. Loved everything and the chocolate dessert was the best I have ever had.

The grounds of the hotel are gorgeous. Pool area is perfect for the size resort. Having only 14 rooms and 14 sets of loungers around the pool I'm sure there is never an issue. We spent a few afternoons at the pool - while the water was cold - it was very relaxing to hang out.

Super bummed I didn't schedule a massage while I was there, but there just wasn't enough time. At €62 for 1 hour it's a great value. We did rent bikes one afternoon to ride down to the beautiful beach. This was also quite a deal - €3 for half day and €5 for whole day. There are plenty of bike trails around and the beach is only 8 mins ride straight down. Such a beautiful beach as well - Platje de Castell. Wish it were a little later in the season so we could go swimming. Water was still a little chilly as our visit was early April. A few more weeks and would have been perfect.

Lastly - the staff at the Malcontenta was amazing. Everyone was warm, friendly, helpful and lovely. If I head back to this area I would definitely return to the Malcontenta.

At the top of my Top 10 hotel list. I booked it as the name cracked me up - and I love an old farmhouse. So glad I didn't let the name scare me.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is simply wonderful!

It's not so easy to find (my sat nav had never heard of it) but it's well worth the search!

The decor is stunning. The bedroom was huge, light and airy. The bed was the biggest I've ever seen! Bathroom was big, well appointed and full of lovely towels. The aircon works well.

The communal areas are cosy and tasteful and there is plenty of outside seating with pretty views. It's about a 10 minute walk to the beach, which is lovely.

The restaurant is next door. Decor is delightful. The food is in keeping with its Michelin star, so if it's big portions you're after then this is not for you! Service was good and the price excellent.

Enjoy!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Sheena P
BEANDILANA, Gerente at La Malcontenta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2017

Dear Sheena P,

We always strive to satisfy our guests and we are glad that you enjoyed each of your stay among us.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay among us and the hotel facilities offered. The Chef will be happy to read your review!

Thank you for taking time to leave us your feedback. It will be a pleasure to welcome you again.

Reviewed October 24, 2016 via mobile

After trusting our untrustworthy GPS and missing the correct turn off we after half an hourof asking everyone directions finally found this beautiful hotel. The interior decoration is by Lazaro Rosa Violan and is superb. Our room was huge and beautifully decorated a pleasure to go to bed. We arrived during the lunch hours so went to their onsite restaurant which has at this time one michelin star and the food is simply delicious and very reasonably priced as is the wine. The lady Maitre de offered advice on a wine from the local area and amazingly the bottle was only 21 euros. The menu was around 30 very interesting an creative. There is a lovely pool area unfortunately the cool weather had just begun in mid october so we were unable to use it. The staff on the front desk are very helpful and efficient. We had breakfast the next morning in a charming room off the bar of delicious pastries bread cheese and meats fresh fruit and juice with eggs if you wanted them. I can highly recommend a stay here.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
BEANDILANA, Gerente at La Malcontenta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2016

Dear Vict0ria_MC,

Thank you so much for your review.

We are very glad that you´ve been very comfortable in your time with us!

We really apreciatte your opinion and it is a very good motivation to continue working for an excellent service.

Thank you so much for your great opinion and for considerer us a fantastic place to visit.

We are so glad to welcome you back again.

Reviewed October 6, 2016 via mobile

Having returned here for the fourth time recently we had the best holiday ever. We took the huge garden suite which was heavenly .... Beautifully decorated as all the rooms are, luxurious, lovely bedlinen and sumptuous bed, bathrobes, marble shower, music... Cannot fault anything.
The pool was peaceful and relaxing and totally unwinding. We took bikes and cycled the 10 min ride to the gorgeous sandy beach of Castell with its coastal walks, 2 pop up beach cafes and sun loungers to rent... Fabulous!
We dined at the restaurant at LaMalcontenta three times and it was more than excellent... The chefs create dishes that are so sophisticated , delicious and beautiful and very well thought out. The lunchtime set menu is ridiculously good value. Each dish was presented with love and understanding of food with many very very skilful techniques... An experience not to miss if you want a treat.
The breakfasts were well presented with fresh fruit, yogurt, local cold meats and cheeses, breads and jams... Simple but delicious.
The ambiance of the whole place is very relaxing and romantic, calming and gives you a true feeling of being on holiday.
Can't wait to go back and highly recommend.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple