“A dissapointing paella”
Review of L’Arcada

L’Arcada
Ranked #57 of 173 Restaurants in Palamos
Reviewed 8 September 2016

The service of the Restaurant was great, we were well treated and had good details as a luxury restaurant this place is meant to be. We ordered a red wine but it was not in good condition and we asked to change it, at the beginning the owner said it was because of its production process but when he tasted it, he understood we were right and he changed it for another one. So far so good. However, unfortunately I can not say the same about the food. We ordered mussels, fried calamari and paella. The mussels and calamari were average, not great not bad, but the paella had a strange taste which ruined it totally. For the price we paid for each paella (18€/person) it was really dissapointing.

Reviewed 2 September 2016

Four of us had a wonderful lunch here. We had the 15 euro menu del dia. To start, I had what was probably the best gazpacho I have ever had. Others had mussels. For the main course, I was served a whole sea bass with delicious sauteed potatoes. To follow, I had a beautifully presented plate of fresh yoghurt and strawberries. The wine was delicious and very reasonably priced and the fresh bread served with the meal was also very good. The restaurant was very well run and the waiting staff were very professional. We enjoyed watching the interaction between the owners and their regular customers. Will certainly return when we are next in the area.

Reviewed 9 August 2016

We've had a lovely dinner on our last evening in Palamos. We both took monkfish, which looked like a monster, but tasted delicious. The starters of iberico with melon were generous and tasty. The only weakness were desserts. Staff is friendly, warm and very helpful - the best service I've experienced on Costa Brava.

Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

Had two beautiful meals here. The Foccatia bread was divine and worth the visit alone. Had two different excellent spaghetti dishes. Good choice starters and salads all to my liking too. House red wine by the glass was first class and it's got an excellent location.

Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

Visited here with friends in June. I was persuaded not to go back to the fabulous La Fabrica del Gel for a fourth night. I feel very stupid and the poorer for my mistake. We are a group of 6 who like to eat out and are willing to pay extra for lovely food and nice wine. All appeared friendly on the outside but we were tourists to them waiting to be robbed. The food was expensive and at best adequate for the price. The highlights - The 8 prawns (catch of the day as a starter) cost €45. My friend should have asked the price, admittedly, as they were 'price on asking' on the menu but they were a total rip off and very, very overpriced even compared to the local menus and not even well cooked! The main course fish courses were expensive. I had turbot which was ok but dear. Two of my friends shared a local fish which on the menu was priced at €32 between two. You would assume €16 each! No! The fish was between two but the cost was €32 each. This was a total pain in the butt. It did not wreck our holiday. The bill was €420 between 6! A complete and total rip off. We paid and left no tip. Avoid this place unless you are totally mad. You will be considered fodder for the management. On the plus side we had a lovely, lovely waitress who was kind and considerate and just the biz. She was truly lovely. The rest was truly not! We may have left her a tip!