My wife, 22 year old daughter, and I needed a place to stay when we did not get a flight to come home from Milan (we fly standby.) This hotel was 5 minutes away from Malpensa Airport by shuttle. It was very nice and extremely modern. You know you are getting old when you don't know how to work the room lights! This room had a place for you to put your room "key" (the plastic card type) in order to make the lights in the room stay on. After having all of the lights go suddenly black, we realized, "Oh!!" "The key has to be in the wall slot!!!" In addition, there was some sort of "black light" for lack of a better description, in the bathroom where if you needed to get up during the night, you could turn it on and it wouldn't disturb the others in your party by suddenly enveloping the room in bright light. Nice. Made us feel like Jed Clampett and the Beverly Hillbillies when they got their first look at the "cement pond" in their new yard though. Breakfast was ample and decent. Eggs, bacon, toast, croissants, coffee, juice, cereal, jelly, etc., and you could eat all you wanted. Good place to stay on a layover, (although the airport is a pretty good distance from Milan Central) and we'd stay there again in a similar situation. Price was reasonable too considering the fact that it's an airport hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport, the closest hotel to the Terminals.Located only 500m from the Milan Malpensa International Airport, the hotel represents the ideal place to either meet for work or relax after a long journey.Take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service to/from Terminal 1 of the airport available on a scheduled basis, and to/from Terminal 2 on request. Alternatively the airport offers a 24h free shuttle between Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 with a bus stop just 200m from the hotel.The brand new Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport combines contemporary style, comfort and convenience thus representing the smartest choice for travellers attentive to value for money. Start your day on a good note with a reinvigorating power shower experience and a complimentary extensive buffet breakfast.Modern technology and fresh look are the strengths of the brand new Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport hotel which offers 124 comfortable bedrooms all equipped with soundproof windows, WiFi internet connection and wooden floor. Ample public areas designed with lively colours and refined materials are available to our guests who will be able to surf the internet by using the dedicated internet points or by simply connecting to the wireless net.Complete the offer free parking facilities and a meeting room able to host up to 40 persons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport Hotel Somma Lombardo
- Holiday Inn Express Somma Lombardo
- Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport Italy/Somma Lombardo