After reading numerous horrible reviews we were thinking that we booked a place in hell. I'm not sure what people expect when you go camping but everything was how we expected it. Remember people it's a place at the lake not a five star resort. Yes the bathroom looks like it should be a closet but it is a running toilet. Some places have outhouses that you have to walk to. It was obvious that the toilet and shower was added years after the cabin was built so I'm sure they did the bet they could. The owner Luka was FANTASTIC !!! Extra towels and sheets were brought down right after we asked for some and the free DVDs were a nice touch. We were there for two nights and two full days of fishing and he only charged us for one day boat rental. So please people don't believe all the complainers that write things on here because they are just that COMPLAINERS !!! Thank you again Luka !!! Fishing wasn't great but that's not his fault. He actually gave us a trout of his own to take home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our resort is accessible year round directly off of "The Fishing Highway 24", nestled within the heart of our "Beautiful BC" wilderness. Lac Des Roches Resort hosts and boasts the most activities and adventures in the area, with a view of the most photographed lake in British Columbia. Choose from a variety of our fully modern accommodations; whether one of our suites or a cozy lakefront log cabin, there will be nothing between you and the lake except your personal picnic table and bonfire pit. All units come equipped with hot and cold running water, electricity, 3 piece washroom with shower, bedding , towels, kitchen and cooking utensils at no extra charge. We are Pet Friendly. Situated on 47 acres and surrounded by crown land's finest forests, we have 6 campsites and 12 accommodation units; ample enough room to accommodate both large and small groups while maintaining a relaxed and comfortable environment/atmophere/ experience. Ideal for a family vacation and reunions, activities include: sand volleyball; badminton; bocce ball court; swimming; hiking; horseback riding and much more inlcuding a childrens' playground. Lac Des Roches is well known for its trophy Gerrard Rainbows up to 19 pounds and for its big burbots ( freshwater cod ); ice-fishing enthusiats can easily catch in the winter. Anglers from all over the world come to Lac Des Roches to enjoy fly fishing : massive mayfly and caddice ( Sedge ) hatchings make Lac Des Roches a paradise for fly fishermen. With over 100 pristine lakes within an hour's drive of Lac Des Roches, our resort houses a multitude of fish: rainbow trout; brook trout; kokanee; lake trout; making Lac Des Roches Resort the ideal fly-fishing and ice fishing destination. Our true Italian restaurant combines southern European hospitality with our expert northern Italian chefs. All our entrees are prepared fresh daily on the premises(repetitious). Internet WIFI available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Lac des Roches Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lac Des Roches Hotel Lone Butte
- Lac Des Roches Resort Lone Butte, Cariboo, Canada