I thought despite all the bad reviews I would form my own opinion and stay at Lac Des Roche. I should have listened to all the reviews! The hosts were very snotty and stand offish, the food was a rip off and we were given a $100 bill for two pasta dishes, two desserts and an appetizer. The fridge in our room didn't work, the shower door was taped together and was falling off/apart, the door to the cabin didn't close or lock and was 1/4" open and only stayed closed when u locked the handle. The bed had about 20 springs coming up throughout the entire thing it creaked and everytime one person moved the other person would roll into the middle and when we woke up (after only sleeping 2 hours the entire night) our entire bodies hurt SO badly from head to toe!! The water stinks and is not only not drinkable but it smelled so vad i didnt even want to use it to wash my face. There was no privacy in the back where the fire pit is and when we decided to only stay the one night because of the horrible sleep they were very rude and seemed put out. We couldn't get out of there quick enough and we would never go back! They should advertise as ghetto rustic cabins!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our resort is accessible year round directly off of "The Fishing Highway 24", nestled within the heart of our "Beautiful BC" wilderness. Lac Des Roches Resort hosts and boasts the most activities and adventures in the area, with a view of the most photographed lake in British Columbia. Choose from a variety of our fully modern accommodations; whether one of our suites or a cozy lakefront log cabin, there will be nothing between you and the lake except your personal picnic table and bonfire pit. All units come equipped with hot and cold running water, electricity, 3 piece washroom with shower, bedding , towels, kitchen and cooking utensils at no extra charge. We are Pet Friendly. Situated on 47 acres and surrounded by crown land's finest forests, we have 6 campsites and 12 accommodation units; ample enough room to accommodate both large and small groups while maintaining a relaxed and comfortable environment/atmophere/ experience. Ideal for a family vacation and reunions, activities include: sand volleyball; badminton; bocce ball court; swimming; hiking; horseback riding and much more inlcuding a childrens' playground. Lac Des Roches is well known for its trophy Gerrard Rainbows up to 19 pounds and for its big burbots ( freshwater cod ); ice-fishing enthusiats can easily catch in the winter. Anglers from all over the world come to Lac Des Roches to enjoy fly fishing : massive mayfly and caddice ( Sedge ) hatchings make Lac Des Roches a paradise for fly fishermen. With over 100 pristine lakes within an hour's drive of Lac Des Roches, our resort houses a multitude of fish: rainbow trout; brook trout; kokanee; lake trout; making Lac Des Roches Resort the ideal fly-fishing and ice fishing destination. Our true Italian restaurant combines southern European hospitality with our expert northern Italian chefs. All our entrees are prepared fresh daily on the premises(repetitious). Internet WIFI available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Lac des Roches Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lac Des Roches Hotel Lone Butte
- Lac Des Roches Resort Lone Butte, Cariboo, Canada