Nice Cabins, Great Hosts, Excellent Food and Fishing.
Despite the cold temperatures we spent two beautiful weeks, Excellent Ice Fishing For Burbot ( Freshwater cod ), but we caught just a few rainbows. The italian resturant and the food was good : it felt like home, 10,000 km away from Italy. We enjoyed X-country skiing and we skated on the lake : brrrr very cold.
The cabins are cozy and nice : don't expect a 5 star hotel, but you have everything you need for a winter vacation.
Our Kids had lots of fun tobogganing and skating on the lake, and tried a freedom we can just dream of in Italy.
We hope to be able to come back in the summer to try some fly fishing and catch the big rainbows.
Grazie Luca and Laura, speriamo di vederci presto!
Isabella, Cristiano, Ginevra,Benedetta e Alberto
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our resort is accessible year round directly off of "The Fishing Highway 24", nestled within the heart of our "Beautiful BC" wilderness. Lac Des Roches Resort hosts and boasts the most activities and adventures in the area, with a view of the most photographed lake in British Columbia. Choose from a variety of our fully modern accommodations; whether one of our suites or a cozy lakefront log cabin, there will be nothing between you and the lake except your personal picnic table and bonfire pit. All units come equipped with hot and cold running water, electricity, 3 piece washroom with shower, bedding , towels, kitchen and cooking utensils at no extra charge. We are Pet Friendly. Situated on 47 acres and surrounded by crown land's finest forests, we have 6 campsites and 12 accommodation units; ample enough room to accommodate both large and small groups while maintaining a relaxed and comfortable environment/atmophere/ experience. Ideal for a family vacation and reunions, activities include: sand volleyball; badminton; bocce ball court; swimming; hiking; horseback riding and much more inlcuding a childrens' playground. Lac Des Roches is well known for its trophy Gerrard Rainbows up to 19 pounds and for its big burbots ( freshwater cod ); ice-fishing enthusiats can easily catch in the winter. Anglers from all over the world come to Lac Des Roches to enjoy fly fishing : massive mayfly and caddice ( Sedge ) hatchings make Lac Des Roches a paradise for fly fishermen. With over 100 pristine lakes within an hour's drive of Lac Des Roches, our resort houses a multitude of fish: rainbow trout; brook trout; kokanee; lake trout; making Lac Des Roches Resort the ideal fly-fishing and ice fishing destination. Our true Italian restaurant combines southern European hospitality with our expert northern Italian chefs. All our entrees are prepared fresh daily on the premises(repetitious). Internet WIFI available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Lac des Roches Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lac Des Roches Hotel Lone Butte
- Lac Des Roches Resort Lone Butte, Cariboo, Canada