“Magic atmosphere, warm welcome and exquisite food”
Review of Mimoza Restaurant

Mimoza Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 57 Restaurants in Gumusluk
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

While visiting a friend in Turkey, she told me about this place that she goes to every time she’s down there (Total of 3 months a year). A table on the water, I mean you can dip your feet while enjoying this beautiful scenery and the sunset...we were welcomed like family but when I tasted the Octopus Special my jaw just dropped...I never had such a delicious octopus dish!!! The Mezze were lovely, the wine outstanding and did I mentioned the atmosphere?? Oh...I hope to re-visit soon!

Reviewed December 18, 2017 via mobile

We had a very enjoyable evening here, a chilled out vibe in an outdoor setting on the beach, very romantic and fun atmosphere also with good music. I would definitely recommend for a night out.

Reviewed October 6, 2017

This restaurant looks stunning with beautiful white tables next to the water in a popular tourist area. It probably is a tourist "trap". It is very well decorated with colourful lights in overhead trees which are all painted white. Even the toilets are amazing with antique mirrors and sinks. But you go for the food. The meze- starters- were adequate - but portions were meagre and nothing special or extraordinary for a restaurant with this reputation. The fish was simple but the sides were plain and the plate didn't look inviting. We ate, we weren't excited about any of it - it was "ordinary ". The worst part was the service. There were several waiters running around but nothing seemed coordinated. We ordered drinks shortly after sitting but 15 minutes later we had to ask again. After about 5 more minutes one drink arrived! We requested the remaining drinks and about 3 minutes after than another waiter turned up with a tray of 4 drinks - only one of which we had ordered- probably for another table. We took it and waited another couple of minutes for the other two. Food service was also slow but we weren't in a hurry. We couldn't be bothered to order desserts or anything extra as we had lost our appetite for anything else. It was also more prices than some of the other places we had passed before reaching mimoza and on the way back we wished we had gone to any one of them as the service would definitely have been better.

Reviewed September 26, 2017

This restaurant has an excellent atmosphere, very romantic. Food is good, service is good. So why my rating is so low?
I spend my summer months in Bodrum maybe for the last 25-30 years. So I know almost all the fish restaurants in Bodrum and have been to this restaurant many times. I'm afraid I will not visit Mimoza again. They do not have a menu with prices, so they charge the same plate at different prices to different customers. If you are with foreigners and look like rich people !! they will double or triple the price. If you do not order to many dishes or do not order fish and go with the mezes, they will still charge an amount as if you had ordered fish.
I've been to very expensive restaurants worldwide so it's not about the amount you pay but I can not accept to be cheated!

7  Thank the_CPO
Reviewed September 21, 2017

The restaurant is set by the sea with beautiful lights and furniture everywhere, however, the food fails to impress. To begin with you are shown the staters you can have as a waiter brings the options on a tray, this means you make hasty decisions as he waits there and often under-order. The mains are either a fish (which to be fair there is a wide selection of and you can go choose the exact fish you'd like to eat) or chicken and chips or meatballs and chips, and since we were hungry having under-ordered on the starters we had to order from the lacklustre mains menu. It then took 45 minutes for the mains to come by which time we decided it was time to go as we were not comfortable driving back on the Turkish roads past 10:30 and had waited too long for food to come out looking like it did (the chicken and meatball dishes looked like they were from a kebab shop). In summary if you do not want a fish main do not come here for supper, instead come for drinks to see the amazing and beautiful scenery and go elsewhere along the beach (there are many restaurants) for you main meal.

1  Thank wanderer1603