All reviews modern hotel view of the lake boats furniture village euros
Reviewed July 31, 2017 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for a week while exploring Lake Garda for the first time. The hotel is in a great location, especially if you have a car (however parking at the hotel is limited but they always helped fit our little car somewhere)

All the staff were very friendly, with a family feel that made you feel welcomed!

Our room had the best view of the lake which I will miss waking up too.

Thank you for a lovely stay!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2016

I was spending a week with my boyfriend in this hotel. I would mark my stay as a 5*. We got a new superior room, which was big and very nice. Despite of the windows to the streets, which was really noisy from the cars, it was very nice, it was okay for us.
The stuff was really friendly and helpful. My boyfriend is vegetarian and I am vegan and they tried their best to prepare a special dinners for us and so they tried on breakfast!
HOWEVER
My parents were spending their holiday in this hotel in October and they were very dissapointed, because of the room they got. The in not in the pictures, I will try do upload it later. It was much smaller, with an old furniture, but what is the worst, with very bad old matraces, which were very hard to sleep on. They left after few days.

So, this hotel, for the price is very nice, just be picky when it gets to the rooms, take the more expensive one and your holiday will be much more pleasant!

Room Tip: Take a superior or new superior room, with windows towards the lake!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2016 via mobile

What a find! This was our first visit to lake Garda. The arrival at the hotel was both welcoming and friendly as indeed was every member of staff we encountered during our week stay. Our room with views across the lake to the majestic mountains was stunning and everything we had hoped for. Dining was a real pleasure with an excellent a l'carte menu and food seriously above the hotel's three star rating- delicious! We would thoroughly recommend this hotel if you are looking for good service, spotlessly clean rooms ,excellent location , easy to walk down to the waterfront where the boats arrive/ depart for the Lakeland service. We will definitely return next year! Thank you so much.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2016 via mobile

We are so glad we chose this side of the lake and not the other, it is in our opinion far prettier and less touristy. Our room was a good size (superior lake view) and was very clean. Opening the shutters in the morning to the mountains and lake view was absolutely amazing. We ate both nights at the hotel and the food was great and the young male waiter was fantastic. Really great dining experience and they are extremely busy so that speaks for itself. Well priced as well...a two course meal, bread, bottle of wine and water for two was around €65. Breakfast was also plentiful and more than adequate. The only downside was the wifi was not stable and constantly dropped and didn't work at all for 12hours. Normally not a big problem as a holiday is about the experience not looking at the Internet...however we needed to stay in touch with our teenage children, so it was a bit frustrating. Overall a fabulous stay at a wonderful family run hotel who really care, go on book today!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KP1Uk
Reviewed September 17, 2016 via mobile

After arriving in lake Garda at the train station. We asked the tourist formation centre there how to get to Gargnano. They advised by bus for just under €4 per person. However we had just missed one bus and the next one won't be along for another 3 hours!!! Buses seem to be more frequent in the mornings, so if you do travel from another station, maybe arrive earlier. We walked into town and had some food and sat in the shade admiring the view. Finally we caught our bus and about an hour later we got off in Gargnano., the first stop in Gargnano. We walked up a hill, passed some traffic lights then we were at our hotel. We checked in quickly and were shown to our room..... Which over looked....the carpark! When I booked a balcony lake view room. The lady said I had not booked this, but I absolutely remember paying extra, booking the balcony room and checking with my husband that he was happy spending the extra and we agreed we would. It was a special offer and we completed the booking through their website. However the paperwork confirmed I had only booked an economy room. We were completely gutted as I'm still certain now that we booked the correct room. Anyway the lady said she could give us a balcony room in 2 days time, which we agreed to as we did not want to overlook a carpark. Our room was nice and big with a shower. Tv, with lots of channels but only music channels in English. Beds made daily. Air conditioning a little noisy but at least it drowned out the noise from the road. Fridge in room. Breakfast was a lot. Fruit juices were more like squash, not good at all . Sausages were frankfurters, hotel is run by Germans. Lots of Germans in Gargnano. Tea was weak, coffee was not very good. Fruit was nice. Meats, croissants, biscuits, cereals etc. Pool is nice size, around pool is very warm so sit outside too. Also table tennis there. There's a little part of the lake you can swim in about 5 minutes walk from hotel, take some jelly shoes as its pebbly. There's a tiny town too, there are about 10 restaurants, some ice cream parlours, and a hand full of shops. There's a cheese and meat shop which sells olives and bits. There's a ferry stop too. Probably best that you have a car to travel somewhere else but for 5 days we had enough to do. Hotel is on a hill so again if you're older you may need a car. We did move to our balcony room and were very grateful that we were not charged more. View is lovely but room is not as updated. Fridge in rooms. To but no English channels. We did visit the market and sirmione via ferry which was definitely worth a visit. also the cable car is only a ferry ride away, in malcesine. See photo of map to understand.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple