The location of the hotel is okay. Gargnano is a small town at lake Garda compared to the rest and the boats don't stop by as much as in the rest of the small towns. So expect to drive around quite a lot. Hotel is located a 10 min walk up hill from the town.
- Beautiful view from the rooms and the small balcony was lovely.
- breakfast was ok and the restaurant, especially if you get one of the tables outside, you'll enjoy it even more. Waiters in the restaurant are very pleasant as well although they don't speak much English.
- bathrooms are old but kept nice and in a condition, where you are accepting them, not finding them old and disgusting.
- no free parking spaces at the hotel, as they promised. You could book your own parking space for 10 euros a day. But pisses me off that it says free parking, when it's basically not. All customers are paying the 10 euros, which leaves no free ones, so expect 70 euros on top of your stay, if you are staying for a week.
- staffs/owners family used our parking space, so we had to tell them to remove their car. Sry, but I paid 10 extra euros a day - then it's empty unless my car is there!
- rooms are okay, but dated. We ordered a room with a double bed. 2 single beds put next to each other (nothing holding them together) and mattresses were 10cm to narrow each, so imagine how we were sleeping 20-30cms apart all the time. So frustrating.
We had booked though hotels.com and therefore had 50% discount due to bonus stays. I'm glad we had that otherwise it would have been a bit of a rip off. I know lake Garda is expensive, but having stayed in malcesine in a renovated modern hotel, I'm now aware that I rather want to pay the extra money to get more and better comfort, better breakfast and service and a larger town with good ferry connections to the other towns. The traffic around the lake is awful during peak season and you want to take the boats across the lake instead of wasting hours in a car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The management is under the Samuelli’s Family since 1959. The hotel was restored in 2006 - at 200 m. from the beach - covered swimming pool - sauna – water massage pool - garden and panorama terrace - elevator - private parking - rooms with balcony lake view -TV-SAT – mini bar - phone - safe. The breakfast buffet and the excellent cooking complete all the comforts of an efficient cordial service. In the surroundings possibilities for practising different sports. Latitudine 45°41' 33" N Longitudine 010° 40' 01" E ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Meandro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Meandro Gargnano, Lake Garda, Italy