All reviews charming hotel big salad shop manerba garden lake
Reviewed January 23, 2018

The hotel is a 2 minute walk from the pebble beach of Lake Garda from which you can hire boats, swim or take the ferry to other locations around the lake.
The hotel is old but well kept and cleaned, the rooms are of a decent size with a good sized en suite.
The breakfast buffet is good.
The dinners are good, they pick a cuisine from an area of Italy every evening, if something is not to you liking they are happy to provide an alternative.

The area is fantastic for walking. For something close the rabbit island is very cute and for a longer trip the castle on the nearby hill is worth going to then continuing along the cliff tops for excellent views.
There are a multitude of castles in the area which can be reached by bike, which the hotel will hire.

Room Tip: Close to lake
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2016 via mobile

When I arrived at La Quiete Park Hotel at Manerba del Garda, Elena welcomed me very friendly and my stay felt like home very quickly! With its welcoming facade and charming garden, I totally enjoyed the extraordinary beauty of the surroundings in piece and quiet. After I checked in, Elena showed me my cozy double room, which includes two wardrobes, en suite, a desk, an armchair and a pleasant outlook. I especially liked the small vanity in the bathroom where I could put all my cosmetics.
Breakfast was available from 7.30 am with bread, cake, biscuits, milk, tea, juices, yogurt, jams, fruits, cereals, toast, eggs, cheeses and meats. I always had an extensive and tasty breakfast outside at the garden.
The dinner started with a big salad buffet and continued with a three-course menu.

Those, who wish to work off the calories before or after breakfast or dinner, are more than welcome to play tennis, go for a swim or rent a bike. These facilities are all free of course.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank FastenUrSeatbelts
Reviewed August 2, 2015 via mobile

We found La Quiete by chance. We wanted somewhere in the sun but not too busy or noisy. The proximity to the lake, beach, the swimming pool and the onsite availability of cycles and tennis clinched it for us. The price was highly competitive: Excellent Value for Money. The staff are wonderful. The service and attention exceptional. It's Italian so the food and table wines are very good.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We spend 9 days in this hotel. We had a superior room, with a very large balcony. The room was also large and clean. The food was good and the staff very kindly. With breakfast you could eat outsite. The lake is indeed only 50 meters away. We enjoyed our stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: We can recommend the superior rooms
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sjaantje76
Reviewed July 5, 2012

This hotel is ideally situated along a quiet road about 100m from the shore of the beautiful Lake Garda, With its welcoming facade and attractive gardens we were delighted to arrive in such a quiet, peaceful, family-oriented place after a long journey from Scotland. The owner and staff were very welcoming and helpful - despite the fact that we were unable to speak very much of their language. Travelling with my sister and 15 year old son we were provided with two comfortable bedrooms, a largish double and a smaller single, with en suite, balconies and pleasant outlook.We had one or two initial problems with the rooms which were addressed quickly and satisfactorily. The two swimming pools were just great for cooling off in, and if you wanted something bigger all you had to do was wander down to the lake. There was a shop on a camping site about 100 metres away which was like a traditional corner shop in Britain, selling food, drink, beach-gear, postcards, and the like. It took about 20 minutes to walk into central Manerba where there were a few more shops if required.
We had chosen La Quiete Park because I understood that the hotel could cope with gluten-free diets. Indeed they could. We ate very well, on half board, during the week and the restaurant staff could not have been more helpful in assisting us with our various requests. During the week I think we were the only English-speaking people staying there and we regretted not having brushed up on our Italian or German (both seemed to be the main languages) before arriving. However the staff were very tolerant of our attempts to speak to them in Italian, German and French and sometimes in all three languages in the same sentence! We have returned home with wonderful memories of our holiday in Manerba and would certainly consider returning for a second holiday there. Thank you to all the hotel staff who looked after us so well.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool face east and get the morning sun and this means that they are shaded from the excesses of the evening heat. When night time temperatures are 30 degrees C or more then this can be helpful.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family