“Wasn't impressed ”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2016 via mobile

Found this place after walking around whilst camping by lake como and this was the worst place for me that we ate in.

The tables outside are crammed into a short narrow street. Took a while for service but when it arrived we ordered.

The food was horrible!
It must have been frozen a re-heated as it lacked flavour and basically taste. All tastes pretty bland to be honest.
I didn't like he fact either that the waiter was clearing up my friends plates or empties when there were still some of us eating.

Overall 3/10 for me.

Reviewed August 4, 2016 via mobile

Good food but nothing spectacular, price/quality not the best we had at lake Como, but still OK.
When we were sitting outside at the restaurant, waiter came out to warn us for the rain which was coming. Thanks to that, everybody was seated inside when the rain started.

Reviewed July 11, 2016 via mobile

Delicious! Even without reservation they found a spot for us, and we had one of the best pasta ever for the price that is more than fair. Would come back ANYTIME!

Reviewed July 6, 2016 via mobile

If you are a fan of classic, traditional Italian food and cooking - and spots/interior, I can't see why people might score this "1" or even "2". Ok, people in the kitchen might be having a real bad day in the kitchen. You can always argue on details i.e. temperature of red wine, but all in all this is a decent place with decent prices.
You can test such places for instance on how they do risotto. This one, cooked with good broth and Valtellina red wine, was as creamy and al dente as it should be.

Reviewed May 30, 2016 via mobile

Despite the changing trip advisor ratings of this restaurant, we decided to go there as the menu sounded very good.

Since it was a rainy evening, we had a table inside. Really nice "wine cave" like atmosphere with nice decorations.

The service was friendly, quick and multilingual.

The antipasto mare was brilliant. I never had so softly cooked seafood! It was not chewy at all (even not the squids). Brilliant!

The gnocchi I had were perfect, soft and with real mushrooms and a creamy tomato cream sauce. My husband had spaghetti carbonara, which according to him, were the best he ever had.

The house wine was good and we got a free "schnapps" before we paid.

The price was very fair.