“Excellent family run restaurant”
Review of Socrates Taverna

Socrates Taverna
Ranked #11 of 55 Restaurants in Skala
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 24, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful food, excellent service and continues to be amazing year on year. We couldn’t be happier here.

1  Thank Louise x

Reviewed May 23, 2018 via mobile

I honestly am so confused as to why this restaurant is number 1 in Skala! It was the only disappointing meal we had in Skala (and we ate out at least twice everyday)

Starter: homemade spinach pie that was heated in the microwave so had hard pastry.

Main: kleftico was served in a clay pot and it was a tough, chewy leg steak with cheese on top and some soggy potatoes, inedible sent it back. Also tasted someones chicken souvlaki and that had a very peculiar taste of maybe burnt unclean grill?!

Left hungry and annoyed. I have no clue as to what people like about bad food and slow service but each to their own I suppose!

1  Thank LG12345
Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

Had a meal here with my boyfriend, we arrived at around 9pm and it was full! Luckily someone was just leaving. This restaurant has regulars so if planning to go you should book. One waitress so service was a bit slow - however very friendly. Food is nice, Home cooked and reasonably priced. Had the best lemon pie for dessert - I would go again if in skala.

1  Thank LondonBerry84
Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

Very nice visit. We shared the meatballs as a starter. OH had lamb kleftiko and I had oven cooked chicken. Not a lot of veg with mibe other than potato, a little bit of cooked peppers or courgettes wouldn't have gone a miss for me. The lemon pie with two spoons hit the spot. Would rate food 3 1/2 out of 5, as it's definitely above the average so far on this trip, but since there isn't that option, a strong 4 taking into account the lovely waiter service.

Reviewed May 19, 2018

This is our favourite of all the lovely tavernas on the main street of Skala,maybe the portions were bigger.