See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 8, 2014

Stayed for one week from 20th September. The hotel was very clean and the food was excellent.
If you are fluent in German you should have a pleasent time there. All the entertainment was in German as were all the information boards and the daily entertainment information left on the breakfast tables. On being given a bingo card one evening we asked if the numbers were to be called in English and we were assured that they were, however this was not the case and when the caller was asked about this we were informed with a shrug that it was a German hotel. Not one tv channel was in English so that even on the rainy days we couldn't watch it. Even the wet paint signs were not duel language so it's a good job that we saw the painter and twigged what was happening.
By 8oclock all the best sunbeds had been reserved, some even had clothes pegs holding the towels on. Some of the guests' manners left a lot to be desired. The indoor pool does not open during the summer months.
The Spanish staff were very pleasant especially the receptionist Sandro who was very helpfull. In future when I book a holiday I will ask about ownership of the hotel.

Reviewed September 25, 2014

We went to this hotel for 2 weeks at the beginning of September and had a great time. The food was amazing. Always so much choice, everything was always fresh. Restaurant staff were very friendly and helpful and were brilliant with my 2 kids. Maria - Rosa our regular waitress was particularly brilliant. The hotel is mainly run for German holidaymakers and most of the signs and the nightly entertainment was in German but this did not bother us one bit. The staff would always speak to us in really good English as soon as we told them we were not German! All of the guests staying at this hotel were so polite and friendly towards us, particularly towards our children. Pool is great, plenty for all. Never had a problem getting a sunbed round the pool either. Would definitely recommend this hotel, we had a great time.

Reviewed September 12, 2014

You really struggle to find anything wrong with this hotel. Set in large grounds with 2 outdoor pools one being a spa/ jacussi type, with ample sun loungers everywhere with no hint of ''saving them with towels'.the hotel seemed busy, but even when we returned at 2pm from the beach we had no problem getting one. The rooms were lovely, nice and spacious with separate seating and t.v area.
Yes, it is an all German clientele , only heard a couple of English speakers while we were there but that was no problem at all. No pushing in and easy to get to the bar anytime. If you have small children I would probably advise against this hotel if they like to join the kids club and mini disco as the only language spoken was German and they wouldn't understand the little songs and entertainment. The food was labelled in German and English but all the announcements and entertainment was only in German. Not a problem for us as we don't do the daytime or evening entertainment thing anyway.
The hotel is set right between 2 lovely beaches, sa coma and s'illot. Very shallow water for quite a way out so great for kids. Food was good and the red wine and lager excellent :). All in all a great place to stay. Very clean.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

We are a family of 4 and just returned from a 2 week stay July 20th - Aug 3rd. I have to admit to reading a few reviews before booking (who doesn't) So yes I was expecting to spend my holiday with plenty of German holiday makers, I was still amazed that we were the only English family there for the first week. It really was 95% German. Now I do not have anything against Germans, I do however feel slightly miffed that the hotel felt there was no need for translation with regards to Hotel announcements including the evening entertainment. Even the morning newsletter on the breakfast table was fully German. So the only other niggle for me was the complete lack of manners and blatant arrogance of the fellow guests. The hotel staff on the other hand were outstanding. Could not fault the waiters, Jose was our regular lunch and dinner guy and he was fantastic. The food was for the first week was brilliant. As the second week progressed and the hotel began to fill up, we felt the quality of the food did start to drop off. But, we did always find something and it was all most definitely fresh and well prepared and presented. Soft drinks are available all day to help yourself to, as is the tea, coffee and hot chocolate machines. The room we were given was really lovely, contemporary colours and style with plenty of room. We paid to hire the safe 15Euro for 2 weeks. Hot water was plentiful in the rather stylish bathroom ! Hand soap, body/hair shampoo was provided. We also paid a 40Euro deposit for 4 hotel Pool/Beach towels, this saved space and weight in our luggage. Got the money back on the last day and we changed them about 5 times for clean. Oh and the room towels can be changed daily if you leave them on the floor. Room was cleaned daily except Sundays. We figured by putting an alternative plastic card in the room electricity slot we were able to have the air con on all day, it does switch off when the balcony door is opened. We were never able to use local Wifi around the hotel so we paid for a week keypass for our business needs. Our boys, age 12 and 10 were never short of things to do around the hotel, the only thing that hampered meeting other boys their age was the language barrier....Luckily they all seem to speak 'Football' !! It was only a short walk to S'illot beach or Sa Coma beach. I have been to S'illot before and really liked the beach previously, however, this visit I was surprised and disappointed at how unclean it seemed to be. Sa Coma was much cleaner. Out and about I also noticed it has become significantly cheaper to eat and drink, I can only guess they have had to do this as so many people choose all Inc. So all in all we did enjoy our stay. We probably wouldn't choose to return to this hotel, not because of the hotel but purely because of the frustrating German attitudes. We did not let it spoil anything for us as I said before, the grounds were spacious enough to be well away from anyone.

Room tip: If you like an early night (before 10pm) Choose the right side of the hotel, this is away from the evening entertainment stage. If you like to sit in the evening sun then pool facing room on the left side of the hotel is best.
Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank WendyTowers
Reviewed June 21, 2014

My partner and myself are still at this Hotel which I have to say is very nice, comfortable and clean. The food has been good and can't really be faulted. The staff are extremely friendly and can't do enough for you. The only slightly negative comment is that the hotel is full of Germans, and we are the only two Brits staying and what entertainment is available is in German and we can't understand. It would be nice if they had translation in English as well.

Room tip: I would upgrade to the superior room, they are very modern , and comfortable
Date of stay: June 2014