See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 21, 2016

So my 25th visit to Majorca and the wife and me fancied a change from Alcudia, big mistake , HUGE mistake.This place is worthy of its own sitcom. I have always been honest both good and bad with my reviews and this is no exception. Poor health has stalled my review so apologies anyone who visited in between. We originally booked a smoking room with a balcony. What we got was a room next to the lift and the balcony measured 3 foot wide and 5 foot long and looking into the basement! We thought we would give it a try but every minute up to around 3 am it sounded like the sliding doors of the starship enterprise. We were going to move hotels but they found us another one on the floor below opposite the lift, with a balcony and a better view.......but for 45 quid more for the next 3 days....I followed orders of she who must be obeyed....the wife, and we agreed to it, as far as the room was concerned, we were relatively happy apart from the fan above the bed which was fixed after 2 days. The food was not great at all. Breakfast was cereals and croissants etc along with eggs, scrambled and fried local streaky bacon. Dinner was chips every combination of pork and none of it ever seemed piping hot, nor did a chef stay behind the counter long enough. Look i have stayed all inclusive before and this probably does not differ from any other all you can eat one, but others have had several hot meat choices such as lamb beef etc. We did end up eating locally for the last 2 breakfasts and dinners. Another point which annoyed several other holiday makers the hotel promote free drinks for all inclusive but they only limit it to 2 or 3 cocktails off the list and you have to pay for others. If this is your hotel of choice, I advise only going bed and breakfast and please ask for a room away from the lifts. On the point of the lifts, there are 7 floors, maybe 8. There are 2 lifts, one in front of reception and the other in the bar area. They are the old type where you open an outer door first to then enter the lift. Everyday one of these broke down and unless you are fit, you had a long wait for a lift! There are no tea and coffee in rooms nor a kettle or iron etc. These can apparently be hired locally for a reasonable charge!! I believe the kettle was €10 a iron around €15 euro plus a deposit. Save the money get a travel kettle from Argos before you go. The beach outside is very nice. The attendant is hot on the trail of new arrivals and homes in on you like a homing pigeon. A local was getting into an argument as they put their own chair on the beach and the attendant was trying to charge them for it! it costs around €4-5 for a chair and around €6 for a umbrella. I would recommend a 15 minute walk along the beach to the next resort of Sa Coma. If you have a car do not miss the opportunity to drive 15 minutes to the resort of Cala Bona, just past Cala Millor. It is awesome if you an afford it stay at Cala Bona and Sa Coma, Avoid this hotel!

Date of stay: July 2016
5  Thank gavster2012
Reviewed July 8, 2016 via mobile

Well what can i say ! Ignore the good reviews ? I have been to over 40 countrys. The staff are rude, food cold cant even get a hairdryer or iron ! It may be budget but they still have to be a certain stardard ! Been told we have to pay 6 euro to use a shower on our last day as we fly at night ! Disgraceful ! We r half board a can not even have a coffee ! Only water ! Sunbeds all broke , dont waste ur time on wifi it dont work ! One more thing do not order wine with ur dinnner they stand over you untill u hand them the money ! NEVER AGAIN WOULD I COME HERE !!!

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Maria J
Reviewed July 4, 2016 via mobile

We stayed at Catalonia Colombia also known as Catalonia mix for 3 nights and were delighted to find out how close this hotel is to the beach. The hotel staff were friendly and very polite. The food was good.There was a lot of choices on the buffet menu. Fantastic views of the beach from the restaurant. The room and bathrooms were very clean. Towels were changed on a daily basis. We visited the Cala Millor beach which is roughly a 20 minute walk from hotel. There was another beach about five minute after the bridge called Cala Bona which was closer and a bit busier but amazing. Although we visited early June, the weather was beautiful the average temperature being 28 degrees centigrade. We would definitely recommend this hotel for a family holiday. The beaches were absolutely stunning!!! My friends actually thought we were in Mauritius when they saw the pictures of the clear blue water of the beach on Facebook. Best value for your money!!! No regrets!!!

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Muzahid B
Reviewed June 25, 2016

I am leaving it on this page as the other one is bed and Breakfast.
So what can be said apart from mixed feelings about the Mix Colombo Hotel, I emailed the hotel prior to my arrival and again two days later as I had not had a response from them! Stating “I wanted a twin room in a quiet area as I was with my 76 year old father”, alas no email responses returned.
Upon arrival Dan the guy on the reception seemed friendly we checked in I mentioned to him that I had sent an email and he said they did not get either as it gets sent to head office and not forwarded to the hotel reservations team. I confirmed before we went to the room that it was as requested he said it was, however on entering the room the twin beds were put together and made up with double sheets so could not be separated. A complete joke back to reception we go, with my father who has a bad leg. We were then told we could change rooms but the beds would need to be altered I said we would go and have a drink in the bar, come get us when the room is ready. 30 mins later he came into the Bar to tell us he had to change the room again that is three rooms over an hour wait before we could even open the case to unpack. The room we got (408) had a balcony that we had paid for, but opposite the lift hardly quiet, and facing Hotel staff accommodation from the balcony not what we requested but how many rooms do you need to change for them to get it right!
The fan in the room did not work, yet is clearly advertised on the hotel website as a feature of the room; when I asked them to repair the on/off cord an excuse was made that they are old and may not work, so do not feature them as something being paid for. Eventually three days later they got it working.
Several days into the holiday I went to open the safe (key operated) and the key would not turn. I reported this to reception at 8.45am on my way to breakfast to be told come back at 10am, as I did, and then told the technician was on a day off, no good to me it took nearly 2 hours to get the safe opened that’s 3.25 hours from the time I reported it and we needed some medication that was in the safe! It was like faulty towers Dan arrived with Wd40 oil and a screw driver, he bashed the safe and eventually got the guy off his day off to come and sort it. Another two days passed then the same thing with the safe happened again. I reported it to Toni on reception an hour passed before the technician arrived he then took the safe apart and said he would need to take the lock mechanism away to the workshop. I asked how long and Toni answered take your valuables to the beach with you (a joke) so another 2.5 hours wasted in total 5.75 hours of sunshine which was the only reason I was there.
So it is at this moment I go Back into work mode as I have worked in hospitality for 32 years, I asked to see the Hotel manager Toni refused they had no duty manager on duty for emergencies I.e. Fire, evacuation, I could see the manager at 2.30pm had I not missed enough of the sun? I arranged for 6pm to be told the manager was not available so I can only assume the same thing again no duty Manager present. This contravenes health and safety!
So I start to notice things
The lunchtime food, the area that hot food was being served from was never turned on just the lights.
Temperatures were never taken and noted during the service of hot food standard practise for safety guidelines. They would realise how cold the food was if they had.
No proper labelling was used for the ingredients contained within the food for allergies.

Sanitizer was never used to wipe the tables after each use just a dirty cloth which I did see a chair being wiped with as well. So lots of cross contamination.
The cleanliness of the crockery and glassware gradually got worse the longer we stayed remains of previous customer food still on some in the clean pile.
Waiting staff had no way of washing hands between clearing dirties from the table and serving the drinks again more cross contamination.
I watched the pool being cleaned one morning and the pool opens for use at 10am yet the hotel staff were pouring chlorine in at 10.15am not enough time to have the pool Chlorine distribute safely, before guests used it.
And the finale was the night England were playing The Euro against Poland when we all had to watch it in German to please the Germans as the hotel staff did not want to upset them, even though there were two televisions one could have been polish and one English ( a universal Language). And then they had a disco in the corner playing, this did not happen on any other night so we can only assume they do not like the British.
So it was 15 years ago that I last had a holiday in Spain and forgot just how rough sometimes you can get treated when you complain, and the like it lump it attitude that this country has with holiday makers that are one of the most financial contributors to the economy of the country. People should vote with their feet as they clearly have in recent years and go to countries that appreciate tourists. The old package holiday of the 70’s 80’s when people did not have such a choice but go to Spain is no longer true bye bye Spain you have a lot to learn from other countries!

Room tip: Go Half Board better drinks in local Bars
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2016 via mobile

A good budget all inclusive hotel, I use the word budget as you do really get what you pay for. Me and my partner stayed here for one week all inclusive for £340 in September that included a partial sea view. The hotel is situated right on the promenade just a few metres from the beach (literally I mean few metres as you can grab a beer from the hotel and in 10 seconds or less you are on the beach) most rooms have side sea view with a balcony, there are a few rooms which look over the pool and some which look over the back of the hotel (which you don't want as we knew a couple who had a view of an elevator shaft) If you are on floor five and above you look above the roof tops of the other hotels so have great views, anything lower than this you look directly onto private homes facing the hotel. None of the rooms have a full on sea view, the hotel is adjoined to another hotel which looks directly over the sea so don't expect to get one of those. The all inclusive option seems to raise a number of complaints on various forums and I guess this is down to the limited choice, lower quality food they offer on the buffet each day. I am not a fussy eater so it was fine for me but just functional. Drinks in the restaurant (which has great views over the beach) are served in glasses however at the bar in the rear of the hotel which services the pool they are served in small 200ml plastic cups. As I don't drink it didn't bother me at all but if you're a heavy drinker and expect the all inclusive drinks to get drunk every day then you might be disappointed.
The room facilities were good, air con (which was okay but had to be left on all day), good size bathroom, the rooms seem to have been refitted so furniture seemed new. A small tv with a small selection of channels is fitted on the wall with a remote. Beds were made up and towels changed every day which was good. I have no complaints with the hotel, the location is good, the service was adequate, the food was adequate but please remember this is not a 4 or 5 star all inclusive resort. For us this was perfect as we were on a BUDGET holiday. There was limited entertainment but we never stayed in the hotel on most nights as the promenade is a pleasant stroll with some very nice bars and restaurants. Sa Coma is also a short stroll away also with some very nice bars and restaurants along the way. The pool is very small and accommodates around 20 sun loungers at best, but as you're right on the beach this is not a problem.

Remember it is a budget holiday so you do get what you pay for.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rob S