All reviews lovely room wonderful hotel stayed here reception spa
Reviewed March 16, 2017 via mobile

Ha lunch last Sunday and as usual was fantastic. This traditional house never disappoints. Irene & her family makes you feel at home .
The "canelones" are awesome as are main courses and desserts.
A must while in Arties !!
Will of course come back !!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 1, 2016

We speak no Spanish but have been very welcomed and looked after here, the attitude of the staff is an example to all.
The location is a small village in the mountain woodland valley with a river running though.
The food is much better than all the Michelin star restaurants we have eaten in, possibly the atmosphere makes it that much better.
The standards through out are high
The village has one of the best tapas restaurants,urtauh

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2016 via mobile

We had lunch today and although we had read very good reports...the cosy atmosphere, the familiar handling of the restaurant and the exceptional food have given us one of the best ratio cost/experience. There is a very nice menu at 40€ with many good traditional recipes. A very good menu for children also available. Awesome!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed December 11, 2015 via mobile

I was arround with my mother and decided to try because of the fame it has. It tries to be a gastronomic experience of a certain level but it finally becomes a trandition bender and overpriced. I,m sorry to say that you can eat better in any other traditional restaurant in the valley for a half price and really traditional food. I tried the soup (olla aranesa) and i was totaly dissapointed. They try to make value of a professional misse en place but this is not so easy my friends. Sometimes it is better to serve a traditional soup in the traditional way. Dont get me wrong, the service is nice and the place is pretty fine. The chefs they can cook but the price is that of a high level restaurant and they only serve very expensive products cooked in a very simple way and presented trying to seem modern. As many other restaurants they copy some things fron the big ones like celler de can roca and sant pau but they just get the surface of it. I do NOT recommend this restaurant because it has no added value. The food is ok but why should you pay so many money when you have dozens of cheaper and excelent places in less than 10 km arround. This place is clearly designed for local rich people that need to show their wealth going to expensive places. My technical comments in the gastronomy level: Serving champaigne at the arrival is not adding value to the meal, it is only a service plus for those who drink. Serving a half pickled quail (in brine) as appetizer is not helping a lot to enjoy a meal (the quail was nice anyway). the soup was very normal...sont believe you when you say it is the 1971 receip...sorry. they mushrooms cream was nice but didnt need the royal, nor the gelatin nor the other texures. It was a little bit plain even with all this. the mojito foam was very vulgar (foams are not so easy as many people think). They served a coulant variation with a nice mint icecream but the coulant was less than amazing (I know they will say it is not a coulant...but if you try it you will understand). we didnt try main dishes because we had little time and we needed to leave soon but looking at the beginners we tried and the dessert we had for this price I can easily judge. This is a good restaurant but yoy know my point is quality to price ratio and in this case it is a fail. Dont recommend it to families nor friends nor gastronomers or foodies. I reccomend it for bussines neal ir you are arround (its probably the only restaurant of this service level in the area). don recommend to travel nore than 20 km to try it. People there are nice and very professional and for this I give it normal rating. I cannot say it is very good just becaue of the qualitt price ratio and the fact they bent some amazing trational food that doesnt need to be changed. Hope I helped with this review.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Dan T
Reviewed September 12, 2015

Set in the beautiful village of Arties, this was an excellent find.

We had a large bedroom on the third floor, with garden and mountain views. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was excellent.
The furniture in this place was stunning, and had obviously been collected over many years. The lounge area was simply beautiful. It appealed to us anyway.
The breakfasts were the best we had anywhere all holiday. The presentation was superb.
We had a meal in their restaurant which again was brilliant, with outstanding service.

We shall return.