It's the second time I've stayed at this hotel and we booked a promotional B&B room at the Maritimo with balcony.
The promotional rooms have an inside view of a wall no more than 6 foot away, all the hot air gathers in this enclosed walled area and to be honest the rooms are pretty awful. The bathroom was tiny and you couldn't open the door properly, it got stuck on the sink as it was so small. It felt more like a prison than a hotel room.
The room was nothing like the lovely sea view, light and airy room I stayed in on my first to this hotel a year earlier.
Luckily we managed to get moved to a side sea view room which was lovely. It was very spacious, let in lots of light, had a lovely balcony where you could see the sea and a large bathroom.
The maid service was OK, but not great. It was a bit hit and miss as to whether you got enough towels and toilet rolls refreshed.
I would stay here again as the location is great. It only takes 20 minutes to walk to Ibiza Old Town (be warned up and down loads of steps) and you have a little beach right in front of the hotel and it's only 5 minutes round the prom to the main beach.
The breakfast was great. A mixture of continental and some hot food too.
Figueretas has enough bars and restaurants if you don't fancy walking into the town and is only about 12 euro in a cab from the airport.
I would stay again but would never book a promotional room and would pay extra for the sea view.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marítimo Sport & Relax A refurbished hotel in a unique location between the quiet seaside location and the buzzing centre of Ibiza with its night-life. Committed to healthy living and having fun, with health, sport and well-being. Our hotel is ideal for sports enthusiasts of all levels due to its facilities, setting and professional team who are qualified to advise you about all sorts of sports, cultural and leisure activities. Fans of cycle touring will also be able to use our bike friendly facilities, with workshop and lockers. Our hotel offers guests a well-equipped gym with a covered heated pool. The hotel offers tickets for discos, bicycle rental, kayak and paddle surf. There is free WIFI in the common areas, luggage room and picnic service on request, plus a computer area with Internet access and games. DESAYUNO 8.00 - 11:00 QIUB BAR 11.00 - 19.00 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Playasol Maritimo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritimo Hotel Ibiza Town
- Hotel Playasol Maritimo Ibiza/Ibiza Town