All reviewsgili airoutdoor bathroomplunge pool roomgili tprivate gardenseafood bbqblue water expressmini barwelcome drinkocean viewopen airthe main stripfast boatpancakesstayed here for nightshired bikesamazing place
Reviewed March 14, 2011

We loved Gilli Trawangan and Scallywags was a good choice
Pros
Incredible value at AU$85 per night including breakfast
Beautiful, spotless and charming bungalows.
Romantic outdoor bathroom,comfortable bed
Clean pool with great lounges and cabanas to relax in
Restaurant was excellent and the setting right on the beach was fabulous
Make sure you go on their boat to Gilli Air for the day. Fabulous snorkelling over there and Scallwags restaurant was even better than Gilli T one. A bargain at about AU$10 each for boat ride and lunch
Cons
Some of the staff were not particularly friendly
Reception and the pool attendent were the best by far
The very loud English owner and South African Manager who repeatedly discussed staffing problems in the restaurant for all the patrons to hear. Come on guys be more discreet and a bit professional and do it out of earshot. Your guests don't want to hear all the nitty gritty - we are on holidays so keep it private !!!

Loved it and can't wait to try the new hotel on Gili Air
Keep up the good work :)

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
thebigbear69, Owner at Scallywags Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2011

Dear MickiAus
Thanks very much for your favourable review of Scallywags Resort .
From both Dave the manager and myself ''the very loud English owner''
We continue day to day to make sure everything is tip top at Scallywags on a day to day basis.
We have taken onboard your comments that our voices can be heard when we are chewing the fat over a beer on our day to day discussions keeping our resort no 1.
We shall in future take your advise and go and sit on a remote part of the beach under a palm tree to discuss our internal staff problems.

In the meantime we will endeavour to make sure all our Scallywags Staff remain super friendly at all times.

Yours Sincerely

Nigel Ames

Reviewed March 12, 2011

I had room 7, great. The best quality linen i have had in any hotel,crisp cool sheets after a hot and exhusting days snorkling...bliss. Huge variety of dishes available in the resturant, great quality breakfast buffet all served with smiles. Transport to GiliT in Scallywags own boat, great fun. This is a must. I had a great time here and hope to return with all my family for our next holiday.
I would add how refreshing it is to not find lots of added taxes on the bill too, the price you see is the price you pay, even items from the mini bar in your room are charged at the same price as the bar.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 6, 2011

We live and work in Bali and stayed at Scallywags to hide away from Nyepi. We were very impressed with the whole experience; check in was efficient and informative, the room was very clean and stylish, we loved the outdoor shower, the relaxing pool and the friendly staff all helped to make our short stay at Scallywags very comfortable. We especially liked the fact that the villa room lights were switched on for you during the evening, meaning you don't come back to a dark room, the little touches like this that make for quality.

We met David, the manager, who was great with his guests, and very willing to please.

We would seriously recommend Scallywags to anyone wanting a welcome break from the hussle and bussle of Gili T.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2011

Scallywags completing my first trip to Gili T with my wife... We stay #6 The room was really great, clean n comfortable..I realy realy realy adore the room
My wifes loves the open air bathroom.. I'll recomend to all my indonesian frenz..
And don't worry about the water issue on gili t. Scallywags gives u very FRESH WATER even for the pool..
I will post my photos verry soon guys..
Amazinggg experience at Scallywags........difinitely will b back again n book for a week :)
By: Yuda Triwibawa

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed February 16, 2011

what can i say... just perfect.
Gili T: Divers Paradise. We don`t dive but even snorkeling ist great here.
Many Restaurants - but imho the scallywags restaurant is one of the best on the island.
Even though there are Parties in one of the restaurants every night the room was quiet enough to sleep very well. Aircon, open-air bathroom, flatscreen+dvd+large dvd-collection(free). Super friendly Staff, Breakfast was ok inkl. fresh juice.
Don´t miss to visit the scallywags beachclub on gili air. just ask at the reception.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple