“"A great place to be with friends"”
Review of Ko-Ko-Mo Resort

Ko-Ko-Mo Resort
Ranked #1 of 167 Gili Trawangan B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Ko Ko Mo is the place to stay in Gili Trawangan. I have stayed here many times before and it never fails to provide good service. The food here is the best on the island that i have had. The place is situated on the edge of the cafe/restaurant/bar strip...which allows you to be amongst it, without really being amongst it. Fully recommend to anybody wanting to get away. Big thanks to Diane and Mark for looking after us.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Ko-Ko-Mo Resort

Reviewed 5 February 2012

We stayed for 15 nights at KoKoMo Resort in a 2 bed room villa.
the rooms are very clean and the houskeeping crew come did a great job.

the quality of kitchen and service is excellent and and the best on the island. if you are a long stay guest, you might check alse the sorrounding restaurants as the menu is limited in choice. netherless, the service and kitchen team was always able to suggest specials or to prepare individual dishes upon request.

we will come back for sure

thanks to the team

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Oliver K
Reviewed 25 January 2012

i visited the beautiful island of gili trawangan in mid jan 2012 & stayed @ the lovely ko-ko-mo resort.
it was positively the best experience for myself & my entire family enjoyed it & want to come back again later this year. we are talking gen y & baby boomers.
over the years i have been to many beautiful islands & stayed at lots of wonderful villas around south east asia, but the ko-ko-mo resort now is my favourite. even my teenage kids & my partner agree.
we stayed in the only 3 bedroom villa which features 2 levels with 3 large impressive bedrooms each with their own spacious (i mean large open) bathrooms and several day beds including one double bed size lounge bed at the end of the plunge pool. the open living loungeroom combined dining area is brilliant & is so comfortable & inviting it was easy to settle in for our 4 day stay.
very importantly the food @ ko-ko-mo is sensational. nothing to fault at all!!! considering i managed to get a nasty stomach bug when i went to lombok afterwards, i wish i had stayed @ ko-ko-mo a bit longer.
the staff are great, professional yet intuitive. they give you space & privacy yet the service is right up there with the best of them.
i felt safe secure & so so happy lounging on the beachside comfortable chairs or sometimes the fashionable double beds with pull over covers right on the beach (directly across from my villa). it made it so easy to relax and read a book or do nothing but gaze at the water right in front of you & chill out.
as i work in the hospitiality industry in a hotel in sydney i never expected this little journey to the gili's to be so breathtakingly perfect.
ko-ko-mo/'s location is amazing a few steps away from pristine aquamarine iridescent ocean on white sandy coral shorelines, i even manged to swim with sea turtles,(that was on my wish list) snorkelling to my heart's delight around gili memo and gili air which has a fantastic restaurant where the boats come in called Tami's neverland.
a huge bonus is there are absolutely no cars nor motor bikes (so refreshing after bali's semniyak & surrounding kuta districts's assault on your ears compliments of car horns blaring continually) it was like paradise to walk along a sandy road with only push bikes riden by locals & tourists or the so so cute horse drawn carts which carry luggage & tourists along the beach road.
restaurants & night clubs (it is known as the party island!) feature prolifically with so many choices of menu featuring fresh seafood naturally.
there is a special spot at the south of the island just a little walk after kokomo that is where you sit at the sunset bar & watch the best sunsets fade away before all the fairy lights & candles come out to play along the main strip of restaurants & bars.
there is a mix of europeans, australians kiwis; families, young travellers definitely not any aggressive or bogan style people thankfully.
my 16 year old daughter & her best friend were ok walking along at night as all the staff from the restaurants etc were friendly & want everyone to enjoy themselves.
my 2 daughters (aged 16 & 20), one with her boyfriend in tow (20), one daughter's best friend (16) & a step son (aged 22) all had a brilliant time and my partner & I got to enjoy ourselves alone as well. what more could you ask for?
definitely worth visiting ko-ko-mo for a few days. even the weather was perfect & we were in the wet season (note both bali & lombok poured for days on end but gili t rained in the night & the sun shone every day).
i met the owner on the last day (it is a family run business mother son & daughter who have all influenced the success of this great little secret location). they employ local indonesian staff who all speak english to some degree & the whole gili t community seem genuinely happy to see tourists come & visit their island.
we travelled via the local shuttle boat for $10,000 rupiah roughly $1.20 each back to the harbour in lombok at the end of our trip. our arrival was via a catamaran from bali for $600,000 rupiah ($65 each approx & well worth it to arrive direct to the island after pick up from hotel in legian/semniyak).
all up i would rate ko-ko-mo as a ideal place to visit. check out the website to get a feel for what i am talking about. and no i am not on the payroll just a very happy guest who is definitely going back again xx
sharon & brian :)

Room Tip: there are several 1 bedroom villas, a few 2 bedroom villas & only one 3 bedroom villa so plan ah...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank sharonpascoe
LindaHE, Owner at Ko-Ko-Mo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Hi Sharon and Brian

Thank you so much for your detailed and informative review. We always welcome all feedback but are particularly thrilled to get such glowing reviews, and are so glad that the whole experience suited your entire family.
Additionally, the info you provide on general aspects of the island is so descriptive that I know it will really help people looking at Gili Trawangan for the first time, as so few grasp the uniqueness of the island
We really look forward to welcoming you and all your family back to ko-ko-mo
Warm wishes
ko-ko-mo management

Reviewed 25 January 2012

We arrived very late on our first of 5 nights and were shown to Villa Cempaka. We were instantly in love and even though it was about 1am, had to try the plunge pool immediately!
The room was amazing. Open and everything that we wanted. We spent days lying on and around the pool. The food was fantastic, from breakfast and room service, as well as the fabulous food on offer at dinner. The restaurant on the beach was a great spot for a romantic evening.
All in all, a beautiful resort in a great location. Walking distance to the restaurants and bars.
I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 22 January 2012

We spent four days over Christmas at Ko-Ko-Mo with our daughter and partner and couldn't have asked for more. We'd booked for another resort but when we arrived they asked if we'd mind moving to Ko-Ko-Mo - no argument from me as it had been my first choice but they were full booked when I made the reservation many months ago. The transfer between resorts was seamless and we settled into our two-bedroom Sakura villa quickly. Ko-Ko-Mo is at the quieter end of the island, which suited us just fine. Friendly and helpful staff responded to quickly to any requests - from hiring bikes to snorkelling off a glass-bottom boat. Enjoyed the various breakfast options and drinks and snacks served beachside, not to mention the special Christmas dinner -- fine food and wines. Can't wait to go back.
Thanks Mark and team for a brilliant time, and thanks Norma for the restaurant tips back in Mataram.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank SusievdH
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We spent 4 amazing nights at this resort, the villa was huge with fresh running water (a big plus on the island as a lot of the showers can be sea water) The restaurant was wonderful with some of the best meals I've eaten anywhere. The staff were helpful and friendly and made us feel like nothing was too much trouble, I can't wait to go back for a longer stay!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I stayed for one night on 30th december, 2011. This is a wonderful place to stay. I came from
Candi Dasa for a one night stay on Gilis Island. I had accomodation planned for me or so I thought. I was taken to a bunglow that was very basic very by a local when I arrived on the fast boat. I thought i could do this for one night but one look at the bathroom I knew I could not. I headed out for a walk. Just happened to stop at Reception at Ko Ko Mo. I asked about a vacancy. The congierce could not have been kinder. I secured Villa no 1 and 2
very lucky for me somebody had just checked out. This was way to big for just me but luxury
plus for one night. Special thank you to this special man at Reception.......I appreciate your
finding me this accomodation. On checking in I met Norma the owner of Ko Ko Mo a very
friendly and welcoming lady.

I ate at the Restaurant on two occasions. For Dinner and Breakfast. Service was a slow for
Dinner but granted it was busy. Two suggestion a designated no smoking area. I had the misfortune to be seated near a couple no make that two couples who smoked their way throught their complete meals and onto mine. I know many Europeans do this but many of us
perfer a no smoking dining environment. I am Vegan some vegetarian choices would be a
welcome addition to the Menu. Breakfast was included in my room stay. I was presented with
a Vegetarian option and the Mushrooms very delicious.

I found the staff very pleasant and helpful. I hope to return very soon to stay. Once again to
the very kind many at Reception who will know who he is.....I would highly recommend staying at Ko Ko Mo

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo