1,697 results
All reviewsgili tpool barhorse cartfree bikeswest sidequiet sidemain partmain areabike rideexplore the islandbeach frontprivate beachour honeymooncidomoharbourswingbali
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

We request room near to the pool and we got it!

They have professional staff who served us!

This hotel is near to the restaurant area.

Our little baby loved the pool and the hotel ambience.

We will try the food tonight!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Emanuel P, General Manager at Aston Sunset Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2018

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for taking your time to share your great experience of stay with us in our resort, glad to find you enjoyed your stay here. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

We came from a lovely hotel in Ubud and were rather disappointed with Aston.

The location isn’t ideal as it’s a 20 minute cycle into the centre (it’s absolutely baking in may so you’ll be sweating wherever you ride) or you pay for a horse and carriage for a 10 min journey to the other side where all the restaurants are which isn’t ideal. At night, there are no lights in the street and it’s a very bumpy ride so if you will come back at night time, ask for a bike light! The ride isn’t ideal after you’ve been drinking as we ended up taking a wrong turn and getting lost!

There are a couple of options you can go to in the area (try Le Pirate beach club (Asian style) or vintage beach bar (Jamaican food) which is about a 3–5 min cycle on either side but there was a lot of trial and error finding these places. I wouldn’t recommend just picking a place off the street, we did that as we were desperate to eat and there were ants in my mash potato and my boyfriends fish was undercooked!

Oh and there’s a super cute make your own frozen yoghurt place down the road called Gili yo. I would defo recommend coming here to cool down!! Very refreshing

This hotel wasn’t luxurious and the pool pics on booking.com makes it look much nicer than it actually is. It’s very basic and the shower is open which is what I wanted to avoid. The food was okay for lunchtime, dinner menu was the same as lunch so we never wanted to eat there for dinner. And the breakfast was horrendous!!!!
I saw mixed reviews on the breakfast but I can confirm it was not nice. We tried to avoid where we could. There was a large buffet selection of lunch/dinner foods. E.g. spaghetti/fried noodles/ stir fries which was very weird. A lot of those were spicy too. There was a egg bar outside where you could get either scrambled or fried eggs. The bacon/sausages you get in the buffet weren’t nice at all so any hope of you making your own English breakfast went out the window.

A plus however was the sunsets were amazing, the hotel has it’s own swing and hammock in the sea and in the evenings they would show 3 films a night starting from 6pm so if you didn’t want to ride to the centre, that’s a nice chill evening although you should bring your mosquito spray as you can get eaten alive!
You can access these without staying at the hotel though so I wouldn’t say you want to stay here because of this.

Overall, I wouldn’t recommend here. For the price we paid, I’m sure you can get nicer elsewhere.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Emanuel P, General Manager at Aston Sunset Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2018

Dear Jen,

Thank you for bringing the buffet breakfast issue into my attention, I will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience experience and hopefully you will find us better in the future.

Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

If you want your food to taste good, flood it with the condiments. I asked for medium steak and it came well done - who the hell cooks their steaks well done?! Even I can cook better and I'm not joking.

Food 101 - squid should be fresh otherwise you'll feel like you're eating vomit and guess what, their grilled squid tasted like vomit.

Rubbish...pure Rubbish food. Only thing that tasted eatable was the grilled vegetables and even then it was half cooked.

F@&k me if I'm going eat here again.

Only saving grace is the Ambience. So it's great for the sucker tourist - which happened to be us today. Never again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting me know the problem on the BBQ recently and sorry for this uncomfortable experience that you had here last night. I assure that this won't happen again, sometimes when 150 people came at the same time the cooks slightly panic.

Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in a pool villa at the end of our Bali trip and it wasn't pleasant.
We paid extra for our own private pool however the stench outside was foul which meant we never used it and went to the shared pool anyway. We asked for the smell to be looked into a couple of times. Nothing could be done. It may have been the village next door, we weren't sure.
The hotel is located on the opposite side of the island where you arrive and depart. If you have suitcases the only way to get to the other side of the island other than a very long walk is to hire a horse and cart. Those poor horses, as an animal lover I really felt for them.
On our last night my husband and I both got very sick. We had only eaten and drank from the resort that day.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Emanuel P, General Manager at Aston Sunset Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting me know for the issues from your recent stay. I have taken the necessary actions to fix them including meeting the neighbours for their plumbing system that created those smell which is they are going to fix them as soon as possible. I am sorry for the inconvenience experience during your stay. I assure they are all fixed.

Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

Went for a 2 hour massage with Yani today and wow she did an amazing job! Had a massive hangover and felt terrible when I walked in but when I left I felt heaps better like I could run a marathon. Definitely recommended. ☺

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Jess,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, I had extend your compliment to Yang the Spa and the team are happy to find their service met your need. See you again in our resort.