“Cooking class was fantastic”
Review of Warung Sunny

Warung Sunny
Ranked #4 of 95 Restaurants in Gili Air
Price range: US$15,000 - US$50,000
Description: Do you want to learn how to cook real Indonesian food. Just give me a call or text message. Only small private groups.
Reviewed September 7, 2017

After a lunch with the Lombok burrito (which was great), Hero told us that he does cooking classes for 250k per person. A lady coming from the restaurant said it was fantastic, so we decided to try it. One day later, we went there at 7 PM, the setting was very cozy, we had a private session due to Sacrifice Day and the restaurant being closed.

Hero explained the background of all the ingredients, their health benefits and taste. We learned to make 4 basic bumbu's, with which you can vary endlessly. Also we learned to make peanut sauce for satay and gado gado. After that, we made the actual dishes with help of Hero. It was absolutely great! The food was absolutely awesome and we had a fantastic time! Thanks Hero!

Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

Forget about rice and eat their awesome burritos! We had 3 the 1st time, and we went back for dinner the same day. Their dessert is really good too.
Actually, if it wasn't for my girlfriend who wants to try other restaurants, I would just come here for all my meals during my stay on Gili Air. It is that good!
Dragon fruit juice was lacking taste though, too mixed with water. Just the fruit juice without water and this restaurant will be perfect!

Reviewed September 4, 2017 via mobile

It was a bit difficult to find but it deserves any effort you could do to eat there. Don't expect any luxe but the food. Hero prepared for us two special vegan dishes because I am so we shared one with my boyfriend and then I had a main meal every thing was so good and so tasty !!! and not expensive at all... If you are looking for a local food experience don't hesitate go there you will surely be really welcomed.

Reviewed September 1, 2017 via mobile

Amazing!
The location is quite weird but it is a traditional warung!we took 15 mins walk from adinda bungalow (it's not that long) and it totally worth it!!!
Amazing burrito!! It is the star of the menu!!! Be careful 'cause it is spicy (ask for less spicy if you have problems!)!
Very good chicken sate as well!!
The guy has been really nice and kind woth us!!!

Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

Tried both the green and the Lombok (chicken) burrito. Sorry, not impressed at all. The green was smothered in mayonaise. Chicken burroto didn't have much chicken and I didn't like the flavours. Staff was very friendly though. Sorry, but disappointed.