“Five stars *****”

Manta Dive Gili Air
Ranked #2 of 26 Tours in Gili Air
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Manta Dive Gili Air opened in 2008 with a few rooms, one boat and a dozen sets of diving equipment. Over the last 9 exciting years we have expanded the business to its full potential, teaching thousands of happy students along the way. We are now the leading SSI dive center in the region, offering SSI and Padi beginner dive courses and SSI professional levels, guiding qualified divers to see the delights around the Gili Islands, and accommodating our guests in our resort rooms. Our management and staff are on hand to answer any questions you have and to make sure that your diving and holiday with us is one to remember.
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I did a couple of fun dives with these guys and had a brilliant time. the first dive at Halik i saw Two white tip reef sharks which we followed with the current.
Very lovely crew. the equipment is all new and in good working order as are the boats.
As there is a price agreement and all prices are the same in all the dive shops, you can guarantee that with Manta you'll definitely be getting that little bit extra.
the only slight negative was the kit wash down sinks could be bigger and cleaner. (Sorry).
Massive thanks to Rob and Anna.

1  Thank Rob C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,185)
All reviews
in 17 reviews
"felt very safe"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed 22 March 2012

I spent 10 days diving with Manta in Feb 2012. the team was excellent and the diving magnificent. Suno was my regular dive master and I swear the man can smell special sightings from metres away - I wanted to see pygmy seahorses - he found one in the only sea fan he checked!!

After a few days there was a group of us diving together and the team was always willing to visit our favorite spots and add an extra dive for us if we requested. The back up guys were fantastic with arranging our kit before we got to the school in the morning! this is champagne diving at its best and I'd love to spent another 3 months diving here! Thanks Manta Team!

2  Thank CarrynPeta
Reviewed 17 March 2012

We booked our open water dive course after reading some great reviews on Trip Advisor for Manta Dive and it didn't disappoint. We had a few email conversations with Richard before we booked and he always got back to us really quickly and answered our questions.

When we arrived at Gilli Air, we went over to the dive centre to make sure we were happy with it and were met by Rob who talked us through the course and he was really helpful and informative.

Our instructors were Anna and Tobi who were awesome. They made the course loads of fun and put us at ease when it came to all the skills and showed us some amazing marine life. As well as spending a full day in the pool practising our skills we did four full hour open water dives around the three Gillis. We would recommend Manta Dive to anyone looking to do some diving in the Gillis, Anna and Tobi were great but I'm sure you would have a great time with any of the instructors.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

Since discovering the beautiful Gili Islands in June of last year, my hubby and I have clocked up three trips there from the UK. On each occasion we stayed with Manta Divers and have come to love the unique atmosphere, the lovely location and the wonderful diving and snorkelling.

I have just come back from a solo trip there and enjoyed it even more than ever. Like so many previous reviewers, I loved the buzz of the dive centre with so many lovely freindly interesting people coming and going.

Apart from the fantastic sealife, the great breakfasts and the beautiful surroundings, I greatly appreciated the fact that the dive crew were so incredibly helpful with getting dive gear prepared, getting it into and out of the water and sorting it out afterwards. I did about twice as many dives as I intended because the crew were so helpful.

So very many many thanks to all, in particular to Suno, Jacky, Opik , Anna, Helmati, Toby, Captain Superman and the rest of the Manta crew who looked after me so well once again.

Hope to see you all again soon.

2  Thank ire123