This review is obviously for the hotel not the diving school attached to it.
The villa was nice at first. However, soon we realised some issues:
1)The bathroom has this half open thing above the shower (many hotels in Indonesia do this indoor/outdoor thing.. Problem is- there were cockroaches in the shower and mosquitos in the bathroom and room (because the bathroom door has huge gaps). Also, the bathroom ceiling has black mould growing on it. The water pressure in the shower was abysmal.
We couldn't sleep all night because of the mosquitos.
2)The AC was broken. Did not cool the room, made a terrible sound.
3)The housekeeping peeps didn't clean. They didn't notice the dead cockroaches that we left in the bathroom for them to clean up. The sheets had red stains on them. I asked the front desk to switch them. They told us it was done. Went back to the room at night and noticed they didn't change them (they lied). The reception closes at 6 so at this point we were stuck with them.
4) The breakfast was pretty meh. I ate the toast because the omelette was super oily.
5) Super slow wifi. You don't know how annoying this is until you don't have it.
Some things to know -
The hotel is right in front of the harbor so it's convenient to get to. Centrally located so restaurants etc are close by. The beach that you'd want to swim in or view is 5-10 minutes in either direction, not directly in front because it's the harbor.
The villas look pretty from the outside.
The pool was nice!
Seems like a good place for diving enthusiasts.
The diving staff seemed very nice. The hotel staff were confused or incompetent.
When we arrived, the reception didn't know we had a reservation. We had to show them the email. Amusingly, when we were leaving they didn't know we already paid online. They asked us to pay again. We showed them the email and they said "oh". They need to figure out how online reservations work.
Here's the thing - if you are used to hostels and grimy places, this may be a step up. Not a jump, just a little baby step. If you are expecting cleanliness, try somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- PADI 5 star IDC Dive Resort Oceans 5 is located in the harbor of Gili Air, Gili Islands, Indonesia. The resort is just 5 minutes away from the main beach area, the restaurants and the sunset point. The resort has 10 rooms, 4 pool bungalows, 4 standard rooms, 1 family bungalow and 1 roof top bungalow. The pool bungalows, family bungalow and the roof top bungalow are having the pool view. Oceans 5 Bungalows have: * Airconditioning *WiFi in room * Access to pool * Sea and mountain view * Breakfast included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Oceans 5 Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceans 5 Dive Resort Gili Air, Gili Islands