All reviews garden cafe mini bar fridge central location main pier dive centre dive school restaurants and shops free breakfast family bungalow location is great visit gili air big bathroom min walk wifi harbour hostel island
Reviewed January 31, 2016

I was recommended the Dive shop by a friend of a dive buddy, so for convenience I thought I would stay at the attached resort. It was OK but nothing spectacular.

The arrangements were made through the Sales team online and Chloe was quite efficient. I did not receive a voucher,m as I had been told I would, so I emailed across and Oceane was quite quick to respond.

That was basically the end of the service from the hotel.

I was supposed to be collected at 10am from my hotel on Bali for a transfer to Gili Air, this was reserved and paid for through the package I purchased. When the transfer did not arrive I called the transfer company, they said nothing had been booked. I then called the hotel. The hotel said it had been booked. That was it. The guy on the phone would/could not understand that the transfer company was saying there was not booking. He did not offer to call the transfer company, just kept saying that a booking had been made. This was quite frustrating as there was no offer of assistance from him, just "it has been booked". Then why did they not pick me up!! Finally with the help of the staff in Bali I was able to arrange my transfer.

I arrived on the island and found my way to the hotel. I did not see any signs pointing to the hotel from the Jetty, which might be useful to other guests. Although it was not specified in my package a meet and greet would be nice - especially when the hotel knows you are arriving. Some of the other hotels did this and I thought it was nice.

I arrived at the hotel and greeted. I expected to settle the bill on arrival and I was informed by the lady that the Credit Card machine was not working so I had to pay cash. Ummmm..no I did not have or want to have that much cash. After she insisted again and I refused she said that maybe the machine in the Dive Shop was working, so we walked over and I settled there. It certainly did appear to be an effort for the staff member.

I was shown to my room, bag was dumped and that was about it. The porter did not really explain anything about the room, but maybe he picked up that I was tired.

The rest of the stay was just Blah. Nothing of note but nothing spectacular either.

I did not eat in the restaurant except for breakfast as it did not appear to be very inviting, there was either VERY high seating at the bar or the couch type seating facing the ocean. I did not see a normal table and chair anywhere.

The last comment I have is about the lack of communication between each department at the resort, 2 weeks prior to my arrival I emailed to say that my traveling companion was not able to come. OK, I was within the cancellation period so I have to pay. I did pay so no huge quibble there but 14 days in advance is a bit on the strict side, especially in shoulder season. It was not so much the paying but the fact that this information was not passed along to ANYONE in the chain. The transfer company (after finally being sorted) was expecting 2 people, reception was still expecting 2 people and the fact that I had specifically booked in for certain days for diving was also not passed onto the dive shop. This was the most frustrating part of my trip.

Overall it was just Blah. I do plan on returning to Gili Air as I loved the atmosphere and the relaxing feel of the island but I think I'll look for another place to stay and just dive with 7seas.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank aussiegirl1976
Laurent L, General Manager at 7SEAS Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment and sharing your experience with us.

Our apologies for the boat transfer problems we will try to solve this kind of problems in the future.

We are sorry that our accommodation didn't fit you expectations. We are taking good note of your comment and we will pass the message to improve our services.

You are welcome at any time !

Best Wishes

Reviewed January 17, 2016

Free tea and coffee at certain times were a nice add-on.The pool was nice. Wifi a bit unstable, especially for iPhones. That was a bit annoying. Pool looked nice.Restaurant area and cottages were nice too.Some more flowers would be great

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank EvaY140
Laurent L, Directeur général at 7SEAS Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment and sharing your experience with us.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and will do our best to improve some details.

We will be glad to welcome you again !

Best Wishes

Reviewed January 17, 2016 via mobile

One of our more costly backpacking places to stay but worth every penny!just 2 minutes walk from harbour friendly staff and great free breakfast at cafe infront over looking beautiful views of Lombok.nice private gated entrance to room good wifi spacious room and lovely bathroom with free toiletries nice cold aircon!close to all the main bars restaurants and great big pool

Date of stay: January 2016

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again!

Greetings from Gili Air

Reviewed January 14, 2016

I spent, with my friend, 5 nights at 7Seas Cottages and was very happy to be there. The staff is very nice and helpful. Good choice of breakfast. Very well located at Gili Air, easy to go everywhere on foot or bicycle. The room was clean, comfortable, air conditioning working well. I enjoy the private entrance to my room. Thank to all the staff and a special thank to Aziz.
Pauline P.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Laurent L, General Manager at 7SEAS Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2016

Dear Pauline,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us.

Greetings from Gili Air

Reviewed January 5, 2016

Nothing REALLY bad but would NOT recommend. Paid £45 / USD 66 a night & expected more

ROOM
- Deluxe Villa - disappointed it was right on the road - photos were misleading.
- large but basic
- aircon was poor
- very dark.
- power was constantly going off (so aircon shut down, required someone to turn back on - annoying in the night!). I complained & they tried to tell me it was the govt however all their neighbours had power whilst ours was out
- Bathroom nice but no shower head and hot water was very unreliable

RESTAURANT:
- Staff nice, but over attentive & orders delivered incorrectly
- ice bucket for drinks was disgusting - never been washed.
- Breakfast disappointing

SERVICE:
- Overall staff were nice but ineffective and poorly trained
- Lack of manager on duty and the place wreaked of poor management.
- Staff ignored our 'privacy' sign on the door, to delivery us an incredibly annoying letter seeking to absolve themselves from the huge party that was about to happen in the restuarant next door. Not their fault, but a poor way to handle the matter and they should respect the privacy sign
- Any issue reported to the front desk was met with a blank expression, and in one or two cases just the word 'NO'

Gili Air was my least favourite of the 3 islands... if you want chilled and quiet go to Meno, if you want something a bit more lively (but still pretty chilled and quiet) go to T.

Date of stay: December 2015
2  Thank Sam B
Laurent L, Directeur général at 7SEAS Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you for your email and taking the time to share your experience at 7SEAS.

We are sorry to hear that the Deluxe room didn't fit to your expectations and we take good note of your comment.

All the best,