“Wonderful!”
Review of Apnea Total Gili - CLOSED

Apnea Total Gili
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Try a different kind of diving! Ever wondered what it's like to dive 20 metres beneath the surface on a single breath of air? Join our Apnea Total freediving instructors and in just 2 days you can learn diving and breathing techniques that will allow you to reach depths you previously thought impossible on a single breath! Experience new sensations and learn to explore the ocean on a single breath! Apnea freediving or breath-hold diving is the sport of diving underwater without the aid of breathing equipment. Freediving forms the basis of many underwater sports ranging from spearfishing to underwater photography and competitive freediving. Apnea Total Gili is run by experienced Apnea Total instructor, Shane, in the beautiful island of Gili Air. Apnea Total is an independent freediving organisation established in 2004 by Monica Ganame and Eusebio Saenz de Santamaria. Having already certified hundreds of students as part of the Apnea Total team, Shane's teaching experience and dedication to his students, combined with the local knowledge of the staff and crew, makes Apnea Total Gili the perfect place to learn how to freedive in the most fun and safe way possible. The Apnea Total Gili Team promotes freediving education and safety from beginner to instructor level. To date, over 7000 students have successfully completed Apnea Total freediving courses. We believe freediving can be learned and enjoyed by everyone and pride ourselves on introducing those with little or no experience, to the freedom and serenity of diving beneath the surface on a single breath! Join a course and let us help you to unlock your natural aquatic potential.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed December 7, 2015 via mobile

Great experience! Me and my friends took the freediver course with Shane and we had such an amazing time The course is very well structured and each of us got the exact amount of attention we needed. Shane's explanations were very clear and by the time we got in the water we felt confident and relaxed which made the experience so much more enjoyable. By the end of the course we were all diving to 20 metres on a single breath. The whole experience was exhilarating and I'd highly recommend this course with Apnea Total Gili if you want to improve your comfort and confidence in the water.

Reviewed December 3, 2015

It was a great experience. I really enjoyed and learned to dive. Jacqie excellent instructor) I would recommend this course!

Reviewed November 25, 2015 via mobile

Wow, an emotional 2 days...I had the most amazing experience learning to free dive, I thought it would be easy but it definitely challenged me. Both Jacqui and Shane showed so much patience, skill and knowledge. They created an unforgettable experience and I can't stop recommending people to them! Looking forward to my next course!

Reviewed November 18, 2015 via mobile

I didn't know much about freediving when I signed up for the 2-day-beginner course with Jacqui and have been fascinated with freediving ever since. Jacqui is an eloquent instructor, and I felt I was in very good hands during my dives. The breathing exercises and techniques she taught me have proved useful since. I feel more comfortable underwater now and was able to freedive with the manta rays the week after in Komodo. Highly recommended.