“A Bay Hideaway has everything and anything you want with exceptional owners to boot !!!”

Inn-Nature Retreat & Spa
Ranked #2 of 7 Halfmoon Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Planning a wedding in general everybody has heard the horror stories or experienced the stress. I was planning a wedding that was short notice due to our schedules as well as living quite a long distance apart. I must say I felt it was a daunting task to try and find everything I wanted to plan my perfect wedding somewhere between where the two of us lived and somewhat on short notice and within a budget.

I found A Bay Hideaway on the net, checked out the pictures and read reviews. After calling a few other options and feeling overwhelmed as they didn't offer the full packages that I needed.. But wanting me to call and arrange a florist and a cake and the JP... Or just not being very accommodating .... I called Diane at A Bay Hideaway... She was so wonderful.... Listened to my panicked story and assured me she could figure out everything for me. Once I heard that she had availability to have our wedding I gave a huge sigh of relief as my heart had been set on having it there... The pictures are gorgeous of both the grounds, the villa, the jaccuzzi, as well as the packages offered

After telling her what my hopes of what I would like for our romantic weekend and wedding. I was surprised to hear yes to everything. Stress? There was no stress at all. For all those couples out there... your special day is about the two of you... I was not interested in being stressed and running around with my head cut off. Instead we were able to savor ever minute of this very special time, enjoying it.

I wanted to spend as much time with my future husband to be and I wanted him to feel special as well. So I had the couples side by side massage... I know that he was nervous and he told me that it felt great but also really relaxed him. After that he hit the hot tub for awhile. While I was getting a pedicure and make up done. To be honest I was a bit worried about someone I didn't know doing my make up... I brought a few pictures of what I liked. She hit it spot on.... And I think after us spending some time together with her giving me a massage and a pedicure she got a feeling regarding my personality. Then I had my hair done... Ladies... Let him do your hair..! I also brought a picture and some hair accessories to hold the veil and look pretty. Not only is he super personable but he was thoughtful enough to bring hair accessories... Just in case you forgot. Due to my veil he had to be creative but the final result was better than the picture I brought. And I must admit that I'm picky about my hair... Some I'm sure would say too picky.. But he is very detailed oriented and super picky.. So I guarantee your hair will look awesome. I told Diane and Len my favorite colors and sent a few pictures of bouquet colors I liked. From there they did all the work. On my wedding day there was everything there and ready. I didn't have to do a thing. They organized the spa treatments, the hair and make up , the justice of the peace, the cake, flowers, photography and music. My flowers were picked out perfectly.. My cake was so pretty I felt bad to cut it up.. But it was so yummy! The decorations were tasteful and the atrium is something you would see in a magazine. The photos were taken by Len and Diane and I just received them... They take lots of photos all over the place so you have lots of backgrounds to choose from. We now have a ton of great photos to choose from to send to family.

Diane and Len were our witness as well, and by the end of this adventure they felt like long time friends! Both are terrific and kind ... And go that extra mile just because that's who they are. Diane stayed with me getting make up and hair and giving her honest opinions about options. She brought in snacks to munch on as the day went by. And went to go check on my nervous fiancée and update me on how he was doing. Closer to when I was ready Len was keeping my soon to be hubby occupied with conversation... He told me that helped a lot!!! And much thanks to both of you for helping me with that very difficult back of the dress!!!

Another MUST is get Alan in!!! He is an executive chief and comes into your villa and cooks you 3 course meal. After a long day... There is nothing better than walking in to the most mouth watering aromas. He is very likable and very easy to chat away with while he cooks and you sip wine. The food is by far the best food I have ever had, even in some expensive well known downtown Vancouver restaurants.. He surpassed it.. Both our meals.

Later we went to our privite hot tub with nature surrounding us for some quiet time. It was beautiful... Then back to the villa... It is well done with exquisite detail and very comfortable. We enjoyed the woodburning stove, and the shower was great. It was nice to have the breakfast basket there, and the suite is stocked with everything ... Literally I can't think of a thing you would need to bring.

We can't wait to return to visit such great people and their beautiful little resort. And this time we will get out and do some hiking and exploring.

My high expections of what I wanted my wedding and weekend to be was totally surpassed. I told them my colors and from there I left it in their capable hands, and they went above and beyond. All the services were exceptional and they obviously sourced out only the best. And I was below my budget, I found them really reasonable... So thats a huge plus!!!!!Weddings are going to be beautiful here... But if you want to get away to relax and unwind this couldn't be the most perfect place. Or if you are wanting to reconnect and have some couple time. Also there is large area that a convention or a large group could use. This is a must .... And I know Diane and Len won't let you down.

Thanks for everything Mike and Jenn

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Foxygurl
There are newer reviews for Inn-Nature Retreat & Spa

Reviewed 13 September 2011

We can't say enought about the Romance Inn /A Bay Hideway!! It was the greatest, most beautiful place to have our wedding! The ocean views are spectacular and the service from the lovely hosts was incredible! We truly felt spoiled for our big day and the stress was non-existent. It was a place we will definitely be visiting again in the future!

Room Tip: The villas are amazing and peaceful
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KurtNat
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Great escape just 40 minutes away from Vancouver. We stayed at Anthony and Cleopatra villa, Very clean, wonderfully decorated with our own hot tub. Very quite location, closed to the beach make it a great getaway for the weekend from the city. Thank you to our hosts for the wonderful time, we will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank natalliadzm
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Everything about this B and B works. The view is magnificent, the breakfasts are to die for, the accommodations are spacious and spotless, and the attention to detail is first rate. All this and our hosts could not have been nicer or more accommodating. We spent four nights and left feeling as if we had just had the most relaxing mid-summer getaway. We would, without hesitation, recommend A Bay Hideaway as the perfect way to spoil yourself and your partner.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dean N
Reviewed 3 July 2011

Fantastic hosts, excellent facilities, wonderful views, and close to amenities. What more can you ask for? Even took care of dinner reservations at a great restaurant on short notice. Worth every penny to stay here!

Room Tip: Get the Anthony and Cleopatra Villa, Awesome!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2011

The place was new, everything we needed was there, many cozy towels and a lovely welcome breakfast basket.
Our hosts were the loveliest of people and were always attentive and caring.
We had a very romantic and wonderful honeymoon at the Romance Inn.
Thanks to Lan and Diane.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank koblentz
Reviewed 9 November 2010

This was our second stay at this wonderful B&B. Beautifully appointed and spotless. The pictures on the website are absolutely authentic; incredible view. Groceries are provided so you can make breakfast at your own leisure. Diane and Len are wonderful hosts, gracious but easygoing and very happy to make your stay memorable. We are really troublesome guests though. I had a bit of a challenge with the toaster oven & set off the smoke alarm, so we know THAT works! Temporarily lost our entry fob which was our own fault and caused us a big scare, thinking we would not be able to get back into the grounds to our room. We should have asked about what to do in such an event.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
The Pointhouse at Sargeant Bay
#1 of 7 in Halfmoon Bay
32.4 km away
Backeddy Resort & Marina

Been to Inn-Nature Retreat & Spa? Share your experiences!