“A Beyond EPIC Romantic Getaway”
other travellers have booked this property
Dock Stairs to the dock
Water Suite
King size bed
Forest Suite
Glass rain shower
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 17 reviews

Reviews from our community

MilliC30
Whistler, Canada
“A Beyond EPIC Romantic Getaway”
Reviewed October 4, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

We don't even know where to start on how to convey how brilliant our trip was here. It starts and ends with one of Secret Cove Treehouse's amazing owners Stephen Senini. Upon booking and even trying to plan our trip on the coast - Stephen helped tailor his suggestions and advice on exactly what we wanted, he went beyond any other company I've ever experienced in terms of his help, care & direction. And that continued on check-in at his stunning treehouse. A bespoke & luxury made haven that grounded us both after such a hectic few months life-wise. From the array of inspiring books, board games, information catalogue, antique nick-knacks to the softest sheets on a hand-made reclaimed wood bed, heavenly scented organic toiletries, fluffy towels hung on a piece of driftwood, heated floors...Hand knitted slippers, the best sleep you'll ever have melting into that bed....A hundred movies lined up that you've always wanted to hibernate at home and see with Netflix & chilling also on tap. A hot tub shack on stilts...2 canoes at the bottom of the Treehouse stairway which we took out on the water for an inlet adventure on the night of my birthday...a barbeque to cook local fish ...a kitchen stocked with every necessity you could think of. Fresh organic coffee beans, a grinder and cream for the morning wake up call....so many details and so much care...we'll leave a few secret at least for you to discover yourselves...we can't recommend this place enough...you will never want to leave....all your needs are met to another level. We cannot thank you enough Stephen & Ivan. We will definitely be back...huge gratitude from us both...xx

Date of stay: September 2016
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC.
Stephanie...
“Heavenly Weekend Getaway”
Reviewed September 29, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Our weekend getaway to Secret Cove was heavenly - had everything on my checklist (views, comfort, serenity). The area is peaceful and you are situated within a modern open concept glass walled treehouse surrounded in green forest.
In the mornings we sat on the balcony (lazy and happy in bathrobes) drinking coffee and overlooking the water - our host even provides fresh cream and is very attentive to your needs. The treehouse doesn't have a clawfoot tub (though their cottage suites do), and usually I am a firm believer in weekend getaways requiring a soaker tub, but our treehouse suite had a rainforest shower which was absolute heaven - decor was better than many day spas I have been to, not to mention some intoxicatingly good scented lotions and bodywash. The hot tub was the perfect activity for a relaxed day or night when the air was brisk (there is a massage setting that produces these insane bubbles...I don't know what it is, but I now feel I need them in my own house.) Stephen, our host was extremely kind and hospitable. I would really love to visit again, but next time with just my boyfriend as this time was with rowdier friends - a quiet/romantic weekend away for a couple is honestly the ideal thing for this spot. I would 100% recommend this suite to others (I have already had a bunch of couple friends ask me for details to book). Thank you again to Stephen and Ivan, it was a memorable birthday.

Date of stay: September 2016
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything - bed, bath, amenities, hottub, view, host hospitality, etc.
Your age range 25-34
Spiker439
Calgary, Canada
“Fantastic couples retreat”
Reviewed August 16, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Spent four magical nights here with another couple - we stayed in the Treehouse suites, which were absolutely lovely. We arrived to an aesthetic of modern lines with lots of warm coloured wood and thoughtful antiques for a wonderful decor. The owner is a great guy, knows all about the area including hikes and beaches, and is happy to share this info. Most of all though you're not far from town, grocery stores and other amenities, but it feels like you're the only people in the world, in the middle of your own magical little forest! Canoes, dock and hot tub are wonderful additions - view from the room is amazing from dusk till dawn. Kitchen is cozy but has everything you need. We really have no complaints and are so pleased with the time we spent there! Will come back for sure... hope this review doesn't drive the prices up!

Date of stay: August 2016
Liked best: Location, view, serenity
Liked least: No complaints
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
SXO
London, United Kingdom
“Tree House Magic”
Reviewed August 13, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Stephen's Tree House idyll is simply magic. My wife and I returned with friends from UK for a week. Our last visit three years ago was just too short.
What's the magic? First of all the place itself, hidden above a forested iInlet on Half Moon Bay, at the of well named Secret Road. Then the welcome, everything thought of, everything you need, nothing you don't.. Superb materials, great design, amazing views though huge windows through the tree tops, the best jacuzzi with ample room room for four at the top of the steps leading down to the creek, with canoe dock and swimming platform. And all completely private and hidden away from the world. It's funky. Be prepared. I counted 130 often steep steps down to the water plus a steep walk. So Tree House is not really for young kids or the unfit.
Tip. A foursome can rent the cottage an the two suites for little more than just the suites, giving more living space. We enjoyed the intimacy of the suites and didn't, but it's a thought for next time.We sure hope to get back to this extraordinary corner of treetop top paradise.

Date of stay: August 2016
Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Leaving
canadagal...
Whistler, Canada
“Absolutely gorgeous, serene and peaceful getaway!”
Reviewed August 5, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

This is truly one of the most romantic and high-end vacation rentals I have ever stayed in! Stephen was extremely friendly and accommodating, and the robes and slippers were such a nice addition! Every detail has been considered, and the location is seriously stunning. We can't wait to g back! Thank you, Stephen, for creating and extending such an incredible getaway!

Date of stay: June 2016
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view and the finishings
Liked least: Nothing.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
Taylor S
“Absolute BEST Trip”
Reviewed July 21, 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

I honestly can't say enough about how incredible my experience was at the Treehouse suites. My partner, myself and two of our friends stayed over the July long weekend and I already can't wait until I can return. From the second we arrived everything was perfect. Stephen was the most gracious host. He even brought us veggies from his garden for our dinner.
All the comforts of home were thought of, right down to the hand-knit slippers in the rooms- you're going to want to take them home with you. Anything you could possibly need is there for you. Even things you don't necessarily need, like the relaxing hot tub and contant access to the calming canoe trips along the cove.
This was the most relaxing place I have every stayed, not only are you up in the trees away from the city, the rooms make you feel like you're in a 5 star resort. The beds are so comfortable and the rooms are so well curated. The whole place is decorated expertly, combining rustic charm and modern design.
If I could live here, I'd be the happiest person on earth. I could go on forever, but I will stop.
All in all, what I'm saying is you need to stay here, you'll never want to stay anywhere else ever again.
Thank you Stephen for the most relaxing trip.

Date of stay: July 2016
Liked best: Everything? Attention to detail, homemade knit slippers
Liked least: Everything was great
Friends getaway Large groups
Kim D
“Treehouse getaway for two couples”
Reviewed July 17, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

My husband and I booked both the forest and water suites for a trip with two of our closest friends. We were blown away with the uniqueness of this place. The suites were private, beds were comfortable, loved the attention to detail from the decor down to the towels and blankets that were sourced from a place in Vancouver. The kitchen sitting area was the perfect size for two couples. Plenty of fridge space and the appliances suited our needs for cooking. Even had access to a grill on the patio which was utilized every night. The hot tub overlooked the inlet and sitting up on the bluff in the trees gave a nice sense of tranquility as the sun went down. The dock area was great which had access to two canoes. Our host Stephen was very hospitable. During check in he greeted us, showing us around, gave us some great tips on places to see and stuff to do in the area. He even provided some fresh salad greens and basil from his garden.
He was also always available via phone/text in case we had questions.
Highly recommend this place if you are looking for a romantic getaway or a fun filled trip with two other friends.

Date of stay: July 2016
Visit was for: Leisure
Travelling group: Friends
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2023 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.