“Magical place, nothing less than amazing!”

Rockwater Secret Cove Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Halfmoon Bay
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I have stayed at the Rockwater Secret Cove Resort twice. Before the tenthouse suites existed, we stayed in a cabin. We really appreciated the beautiful, private, "secret" surroundings. It was highly romantic. The second time we visited, we stayed in a tenthouse suite. It was incredible. I vowed to return, and stay in a tent once again. The tub was ideal, the bed was so comfortable, showering (basically) amongst trees, was almost dreamlike. The food at their restaurant was remarkable both times, and the resort's overall service was great (thanks Lavi)!

We're returning this July for a wedding...most definitely in a tenthouse suite! I can only imagine it will be nothing less than amazing!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kim K
Dikran Z, General Manager at Rockwater Secret Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Thanks very much for your very kind review describing your recent stay with us here at Rockwater Resort.

Levi our Food and Beverage Manager is a high impact super star calibre employee whose vocabulary does not include the word "NO".

We look forward to seeing you again this July.

Reviewed 14 March 2012

Stayed in slow season re: had gift certificate - eventually cost $1200 for 2 days for 2 people. During a very bad storm in March 2012 - No electricity or hot water, cream in fridge for coffee was bad and kettle for tea did not work. Very skimpy on toilettries. Was a VERY COLD AND EXPENSIVE EVENING in a tent - wish we went to Mexico or something instead for the cost. No discounts or compensation offered for inconvenience - told we were lucky the power wasn't out TOO long.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Denean W
Dikran Z, General Manager at Rockwater Secret Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Thank You very much for sharing your recent experience at Rockwater Resort.

I was dissapointed to hear that the 3 hour power outage effecting the whole Southern Part of the Sunshine Coast was a major deterrent during your stay.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused and we certainly look forward to having you back in the future. Please call me directly with your inquiry/reservation so that I can ensure you a very pleasant stay more in tune with our high standards and your expectations.

Yours very truly,

Reviewed 7 March 2012

Rockwater Resort was nothing short of an amazing rejunvenation stay. Imagine my surprise after a long, stressful workday, as an exhausted road warrrior business person, to arrive at a newly rennovated, world class spa resort retreat, tucked away on a 'secret cove". I didn't know what a secret gem this hotel stay would be for me.
The staff at reception greeted me with friendly, happy attention as I half noticely checked into the "hotel". Assistance was promptly offerred to carry my bags to the room and parking details were courteously provided. My "busy work stress" was easing as I enterred my "oceanview" room and saw the white linens, generous provisions of teas & coffees and immaculate, high end bathroom ammenties. My sleep was restful, quiet and very comfortable: tucked under down duvet ( March cool eve).
Waking up to a private balcony view of ocean and "secret cove" was amazing. The pleasant staff at reception again greeted me with friendly, cheeriness and encouraged me to extend my business stay long enough to enjoy breakfast with the oceanside views. Delicous hot breakfast , tastefully presented.

I would HIGHLY reccommend this resort to anyone. My only regret was I discovered Rockwater Resort on a business trip, and could not linger longer to soak in all the resort has to offer. I didn't know about The Spa or the Tents...til I departed (and checked website..my haste). Upside: I'll be returning with my fiance for a romantic, and outdoorsy, recreational and personal holiday . What a spectacular resort. ( don't tell too many people til you've experienced it for yourself. ) Second regret : I recently booked a cycling holiday to France;.wish I had found RockWaters first as I'd stay here instead. Kayaking, cycling, hiking, and luxurous accommodations in our own backyard of West Coast Canada. Wow. Can't wait to return. Whatever you may have read of Rockwater Resort, it's 5 star now. I understand the Resort has undergone a recent rennovation. ...the Facelift is amazing. First Class All The Way. Cheers from Carol, Calgary/Canmore .

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Cheers1Canmore

It was my pleasure speaking with you on the telephone and thank you very much for sharing your experience at Rockwater Resort with other Trip Advisor readers.

We look forward to seeing you back here in a couple months.

All the very best.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

Husband and I went there as we had a giftcard for a tent suite. It was an amazing couple of days a way. The tent was beautiful and the view of the ocean was great. However the rest of the resort is just motel style, I would ONLY travel all the way there (4 hours for us) if your able to get a tent. We wouldn't be able to afford going if it wasn't for the giftcard as the rooms are expensive. I would bring your own snacks and go into town for dinner. The dinning there looked too pricey for us & they really try to pressure you. We drove 15 mins into Sechelt and had a wonderful affordable dinner. Overall it was a great time but it's only a one time experience.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank DiannaJohannson
Reviewed 24 February 2012

The only reason to go there is for the luxury tents. I thought they were great. For a Vancouver getaway for a night or two I recommend. I probably wouldn't return as much as I enjoyed it, because there's not much to do in the region and as good a place for down time as it is, its a wee bit pricy including the ferry and all. But, I recommend it to my friends to try out the glamping thing. Tres romantic.

Room Tip: must do luxury tents
1  Thank Kermie9
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Just incredible... The only problem: we never wanted to leave!!!

Reviewed 12 February 2012

Let's face it, you can't rely on the weather in BC at any time, so mid winter escapes need to include cozy, inviting accommodations, great food and a place to curl up and 'just be'. The tented suites at Rockwater are just that, and more. We arrived after dark and made our way through the mist & along the boardwalk to our ocean front tent. Waves crashing below, we opened the door to the tent to find the fireplace on, and immediately dropped our bags and took in the moment. The suites are carefully planned to include anything you might need, right down to the matches in the drawer that you need for the candles beside the oversize jacuzzi tub (yes, it really is big enough for both of you). Crisp sheets, soft duvet and a view that never ends. The food was
excellent, the staff completely in sync with each other as well as their guests. Thank you, Rockwater - we'll be back!

Room Tip: Tents or not at all!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Halfmoon Bay
Secret Cove Cottage Suites
#1 of 1 in Halfmoon Bay
24.3 km away
Backeddy Resort & Marina

Been to Rockwater Secret Cove Resort? Share your experiences!