2nd stay ay the Cordial Playa and it was even better than we remembered it. Brought 2 of our kids friends this time so my wife and I had 5 teenagers with us, The kids absolutely loved it.The hotel is so large and self contained that the kids often spent their day in the 2nd pool, and only returned to us for either money or food.That meant that my wife and I were allowed to laze away at the pool near the reception without having to wonder whether the kids were enjoying themselves.
So much has been written about this hotel that I do not need to repeat them but I will make a few observations.
Firstly, the management of the hotel is first class and the customer service culture is embedded throughout the organisation at all levels.The staff work incredibly hard but it is clear that they value and are proud of their hotel.Secondly, the environment is stunning. If you go on a first visit, you must make sure that you explore all the nooks and crannies. Delightful.
Thirdly, the food is fantastic in the context of large scale catering. However, if you want a culinary delight, do try the A La Carte restaurant. Silver service and remarkable food in a delightful atmosphere. Not cheap, but then you get what you pay for.
Our last night epitomises the the quality of this hotel. 2 of our friends and their 12 year old son had arrived at Porto Rico and wanted to spend the evening with us. Not only did the Manager rearrange our tables to accomodate our large party, but also supplied us with 2 bottles of champagne on the house.I can tell you that our friends will be booking a holiday at the Cordial next time theyt visit the island!
One tip. Don't forget you can walk through the grounds of the hotel in order to exit to Mogan town. Simply go past the 2nd pool, go around the small church, and use you key card to exit at the gate. You are virtually in the town center.
So, if there is a better hotel in the Canaries I would like to know where it is! My wife and family cannot wait to return and a huge gracias to all members of the Cordial staff. You are a class act.
For those of you reading my review, and are considering booking a stay, all I can say is go for it! And also have a look at the deals offered by Monarch on hotel booking only, rather than a package. We got a really good deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This impressive resort represents a Canarian Village and consists of 9 different buildings. There are 487 rooms, distributed in 399 double rooms, 33 single rooms, 5 double suites and 50 junior suites. There isn't a feeling of being in a large resort - the original architecture which includes a chapel speaks for itself. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV with integrated DVD-player, mini bar (for supplement), safe (on charge), bathroom with hairdryer, furnished terrace or balcony and more. The total surface of 48.000 M2, includes about 10.300 M2 of subtropical garden area with two splendid swimming pools (heated in winter) and whirlpools, kid's pool, kid's playground, solarium with sun beds, mattresses, umbrellas, and pool restaurant with terrace. This luxury resort offers a buffet restaurant, a-la-carte restaurant "Los Guayres," 3 bars, Discobar, Kiosque, a meeting room, a TV room, an internet and reading room (Internet on charge), Wellness and Spa Center "Spa Inagua" (for supplement, entrance up to 18 years old) and a large variety of sport activities (bowling alley, multi-sport field, gym, ping pong, darts, boccia, garden chess, aerobics, aqua gym...). Some activities may be on charge. The Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa is a unique combination of a luxury vacational resort with an authentic Spanish atmosphere in a peaceful and beautiful surrounding. The wonderful subtropical climate allows the visitor to enjoy water sport activities and to play golf all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cordial Mogan Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel Puerto De Mogan
- Mogan Playa
- Hotel Mogan Playa
- Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa
- Cordial Mogan Playa Puerto De Mogan, Gran Canaria