Victoria Hotel
US$195
US$286
US$233
  • Pool
The Landmark Macau(Macau)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$109
US$330
Grand Lapa Macau(Macau)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$112
Trip.com
  • Pool
Rio Hotel & Casino(Macau)(Great Value!)
US$170
Priceline
US$490
US$448
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 3, 2010

This is my personal experience. Overall, i'm pleased with my stay as i chose to stay
at Macau centre, although my conference was in Taipa.
My booking was done via booking.com, which was a breeze. I arrived ~5.45 pm, already dark. The reception staff attended me well although there was a group of newly checked in guests who had hard queries. I was asked whether i want a twin or double bed room. I chose the latter. The room was above expectation. Its compact and clean, with wonderful in-room facilities: armchair, large coffee table, fridge, large panel tv, dressing/ working desk, 2 daily complimentary bottles of distilled water, FREE wifi, toiletries - comb, toothbrush, soap, plenty of liquid soap, bathtub with two shower heads, comfy bed.
The hotel is located in the city, near small garden. Quite noisy traffic but it didnt bother me. I had city view. Plenty of nearby shops. 10-15 mins walk to the Border Gate. Lots of shops selling factory outlet items but i didnt buy anything. I took free shuttle bus to Taipa. Staff there were very helpful and warm. You can bring your luggage too, and i did that upon arrival at Macau Airport to the conf. venue.
Check-out was quite smooth. I paid ~1500Pa for 3 nights, without B/F. Quite expensive but good for value. It was busy morning and i walked ~5 mins to get a taxi to Taipa for ~ 80Pa. It was expensive but convenient when you have luggage and in a rush. The driver is very kind and helpful too. He avoided the traffic, hence took us 10 mins to Taipa.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank mb0310
Reviewed November 17, 2010

Although I was staying at a friend's flat and not at the hotel, I spent quite a bit of time between meetings chatting with colleagues in their rooms this last long weekend.
Double room was MOP600 on a Saturday night, which is very good for what is provided: typical 3* amenities, daily linen & towel change, bottled water, electric kettle, loose tea leaves (this is China), cheap soap, shampoo, toothbrush & paste, shower cap. Towels & bed linen were very clean and in good condition, but of course not luxury quality. There was a bath tub, but no plug.
Slightly smoky smell throughout the hotel, but not too bad by local standards. Rooms were quite small; in a triple room two of the single beds had no room to walk in between. Beds were on the slightly soft side for Chinese, but much harder than westerners are accustomed to.
The big downside for most tourists would probably be the location; the only nearby places that might be of interest are the canidrome and the Gongbei border crossing (if you are arriving late or leaving early from mainland). The hotel is on a one way street in a VERY local, working class area. Perfectly safe to walk around day and night, but grotty and generally depressing.
There are lots of good bus services, but I can imagine it would be a pain to try and work them out if you are not already familiar with northern Macau. It would take about 45 minutes to walk to downtown.
Didn't try the hotel restaurant as there are so many other fantastic eateries in the city.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank oisaan
Reviewed August 16, 2010

This is certainly not how it is made out to be on hotel reservation websites. Stinky and small rooms, no services, bad location, unfriendly staff, you name and this place has it. Not worth the money at all.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
5  Thank whirlwind_7919
Reviewed June 21, 2010

horrible service from the reception desk. we told the lady that we made a reservation and she looked like she didn't know anything. she told us to wait while she checked. hence, we went to see the maps of macau at the side of the reception desk. After 15 mins or so, she wasn't even doing anything. when i asked her again, she finally gave us a room key. When we went into the room, we got a shock. The wallpaper was torn and the view was eerie. The view from the room was a run-down wall with rusty barb wires. we asked for a change of room and what we got was the room next to THAT one. this time, the room was even more eerie. we eventually demanded for a refund. anw, when we asked for a change of room, that receptionist gave us a smirk. What service is this?! We later learnt that the wall we saw is probably the wall of a funeral parlour. there are 3 funeral parlours behind the hotel! anw, as for the wi-fi, we were told it wasn't working. i really doubt they even have one.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
7  Thank gisellelim
Reviewed March 29, 2010

The hotel's location does leave you wanting as its not in the commercial district...the only tourist attraction in the area is the Canidrome so if you are into dog racing or exploring for autospare parts this would be a good place to stay. The food shops closes early so make sure your not hungry when you get back from your Taipa or the Macau ferry terminal

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family